Electrician qual

Old May 14th 2008, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

MUFC is just really niceMUFC is just really niceMUFC is just really niceMUFC is just really niceMUFC is just really niceMUFC is just really niceMUFC is just really niceMUFC is just really nice
Default Electrician qual

Hi,
I am a midwife and wanting to emigrate to Oz. We are going to nominate my profession for the visa. My OH is a newly qualified electrician (level 3 2360) and was just wondering if his skills would get recognised and what would he have to do to get them recognised. Is there much work for newly qualified sparks? What wage would he expect to earn? All help will be greatly appreciated!
Old May 15th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

sparky d is just really nicesparky d is just really nicesparky d is just really nicesparky d is just really nicesparky d is just really nicesparky d is just really nicesparky d is just really nicesparky d is just really nice
Default Re: Electrician qual

Not sure, I think when your OH gets to Oz he has to apply for the TRA. Unsure though! am in the early stages of applying myself.
Old May 15th 2008, 8:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MUFC
Hi,
I am a midwife and wanting to emigrate to Oz. We are going to nominate my profession for the visa. My OH is a newly qualified electrician (level 3 2360) and was just wondering if his skills would get recognised and what would he have to do to get them recognised. Is there much work for newly qualified sparks? What wage would he expect to earn? All help will be greatly appreciated!
if your using your qualifications as a nurse for the visa your other half needs to apply for an artc ( australian recognised trade certificate ) with this he can apply for his electrical licence, he1ll need to do a short course on aussie regs etc once over here but the artc is the most important step in getting his qualification recognised

artc link
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

electricians forum link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

hope this helps

regards steve
Old May 16th 2008, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

my husband was in the same boat, he got his electrical qualification just before we arrived
basically after going round in circles for months on end he had to sign up as an apprentice. as we dont live in Perth his only option was to be an apprentice for four years and attend TAFE every week EVEN THOUGH he had his qualification and the only reason he couldnt get a license was he didnt have the hands on practical experience.

in the end we gave up, it's no fun living off $15 an hour I can tell you and he worked so hard -lost loads of weight as most of the work was digging in the sand with no shade on 35+ days.

if you live near a main city then he may be able to attend block training and cut out some of the time

if you want a fuller story do a search of my posts as I've posted quite a few times on the matter

luckily my OH is a metal machinist so in the end he went back to his original employer
Old May 16th 2008, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Like Bridie says - he hasn't got the required amount of years experience to apply for the ARTC and would have to go back to TAFE for anything up to 4 years

I would look into going the Vetassess route while still in the UK, as this MAY make things easier. Contact them and see what they say.

http://www.vetassess.com.au/index.cfm?menu=1.3a