Electrical engineer migration HELP needed

Old Dec 18th 2013, 1:00 am
Just Joined

DeltaIndigoPapa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Electrical engineer migration HELP needed

Hi guys,
newbie here...

I moved to aus 3 weeks back on 476. I was going through the procedure for the road towards 189 and 190. I found some of my questions answered in this forum as well. all was well. but now I faced one dilemma.

My engineering degree was done in Uk. my programme EEE (communication) was for 3 years while I got exempted for the 1st year due to my prior HND course in the same subject of 2 years.

I have contacted EA yesterday to clarify that which category I fall in ( Professional/technologist/associate). The lady on the other hand suggested that I should apply for my assessment in technologist category.

now my confusion is , in the SOL list I do not find any space for engineer technologist/associate. only Electrical engineer.

For visa application purpose what will be my nominated skill then??

another question is , I am a fresh graduate with no relevant work experience yet. but i have worked in varieties of job sector for past 7 years in uk. e.g. retail, office, kitchen. Should I put this work experiences in my CV or leave them out.

Thanks
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical engineer migration HELP needed

Originally Posted by DeltaIndigoPapa
Hi guys,
newbie here...

I moved to aus 3 weeks back on 476. I was going through the procedure for the road towards 189 and 190. I found some of my questions answered in this forum as well. all was well. but now I faced one dilemma.

My engineering degree was done in Uk. my programme EEE (communication) was for 3 years while I got exempted for the 1st year due to my prior HND course in the same subject of 2 years.

I have contacted EA yesterday to clarify that which category I fall in ( Professional/technologist/associate). The lady on the other hand suggested that I should apply for my assessment in technologist category.

now my confusion is , in the SOL list I do not find any space for engineer technologist/associate. only Electrical engineer.

For visa application purpose what will be my nominated skill then??

another question is , I am a fresh graduate with no relevant work experience yet. but i have worked in varieties of job sector for past 7 years in uk. e.g. retail, office, kitchen. Should I put this work experiences in my CV or leave them out.

Thanks
There is a telecoms technologist on the CSOL - does this fit the area you will be working in?

Your skills assessed occupation, and nominated occupation from the CSOL need to be the same - CSOL is here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...n/pdf/csol.pdf

Occupations from the top section are SOL and with enough points you can apply for 189 visa. Occupations in the second half are schedule 2 and need sponsorship of some type
Old Dec 18th 2013, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

DeltaIndigoPapa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There is a telecoms technologist on the CSOL - does this fit the area you will be working in?

Your skills assessed occupation, and nominated occupation from the CSOL need to be the same - CSOL is here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...n/pdf/csol.pdf

Occupations from the top section are SOL and with enough points you can apply for 189 visa. Occupations in the second half are schedule 2 and need sponsorship of some type
Thanks..
well I have to send to EA for assessment and they have 3 category..so I have to fall in on them. Then probably they will decide which sol / csol category i fall in i guess.
but my initial confusion is , in which EA category should i forward my assessment to? and about the materials in CV
Old Dec 18th 2013, 11:05 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeltaIndigoPapa
Thanks..
well I have to send to EA for assessment and they have 3 category..so I have to fall in on them. Then probably they will decide which sol / csol category i fall in i guess.
but my initial confusion is , in which EA category should i forward my assessment to? and about the materials in CV
Just looking at EA site, it says that the difference application routes depend on if your qualification is recognised under the Washington, Sydney or Dublin Accord.