Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

does the processing time starts from fee submission or completion of all stuff?

does the processing time starts from fee submission or completion of all stuff?

Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Saad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default does the processing time starts from fee submission or completion of all stuff?

Does the processing time of ACS starts from fee submission or completion of all stuff required?

Saad
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: does the processing time starts from fee submission or completion of all stuff?

Its usually measured from the point that they receive the initial application and payment but will be paused (from their point of view) if they have to ask for more information from you.

The processing time is different for everyone anyway so I don't really think it matters exactly how you measure it.

Is there a particular reason that you are curious about this?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: does the processing time starts from fee submission or completion of all stuff?

Originally Posted by RobertC
Its usually measured from the point that they receive the initial application and payment but will be paused (from their point of view) if they have to ask for more information from you.

The processing time is different for everyone anyway so I don't really think it matters exactly how you measure it.

Is there a particular reason that you are curious about this?
well, i will be turning 30 on 10th March 2009 and I have read that ACS takes normally 10 to 12 weeks for assessment. these days i am working to prepare my documents for skills assessment. i was just wondering whether i should complete all documentation first and apply or as an alternate if possible could submit my payment online now and submit the rest of docs a week later ---as a time gaining strategy.

saad
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saad
well, i will be turning 30 on 10th March 2009 and I have read that ACS takes normally 10 to 12 weeks for assessment. these days i am working to prepare my documents for skills assessment. i was just wondering whether i should complete all documentation first and apply or as an alternate if possible could submit my payment online now and submit the rest of docs a week later ---as a time gaining strategy.

saad
I have just read the detail you have posted about your case. I am also aiming for 2231-79 + MODL for C++ specialization.
My work experience includes management experience as an ICT Coordinator of a large chain of school system, developemnt experience working as a team member to develop different applications in C++, training of teachers about object oriented design and C++. [i am doing all this since last 4 years]. Please tell me how much detail i need to provide regarding my C++ experience to qualify for MODL. Would general description of my role in C++ projects would be fine or do i need to provide documentation also (my complany wont let me do that)....what kind of project details you provide? if any?

Saad
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Saad

saad
you canot apply if u dont have written skill assessment letter prior to submission of visa application. There is no exception to this rule.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

Hi Saad, the 2231-79 is for IT skills that are not otherwise categorised and there are a lot of sub categories for this, mine are in network security so I'm not sure what the programming languages assesments are looking for.

I suggest that you try a search and if you find nothing useful then start a new thread with an appropriate title, there are lots of friendly people here I'm sure that somebodywho has gone through the C++ skills route will help.

Good luck

Robert