Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Do we have a case officer or not - totally confused

Do we have a case officer or not - totally confused

Old May 22nd 2008, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice
Default Do we have a case officer or not - totally confused

Hello,

Getting more confused by the minute I think. We applied online for a 176 visa on May 15/08, received acknowledgment of payment and TRN number the same day. Next day received email from ASPC with permission id and request for info. Checked out the online status and it showed Process commencing. No problem with that.

On May 20/08 I sent an email with all of our scanned documents along with our police checks.

Checked out the online status the next day and we had a new date at the top.. May 21/08 - Application being further processed.

From going through this site and looking at other threads, it seems that when you receive the Application being further processed, it means they have sent you onto a case officer... Am I correct in thinking this??

Just wondering as it is awfully fast, and I don't want to get my hopes up.

Any ideas would be helpful

Cheers

Karen
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:59 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do we have a case officer or not - totally confused

Hi Karen,
the "further" message - I think it means that application was checked for basic requirements (age, English, skills assessment and some others) and acknowledged to be a "valid application". Based on the weekly infomail, CO assignment is months ahead of this message, which normally appears within several days from lodging the application. Yes, someone looked at it, but only to confirm that it is worth putting in a queue. My guess only

NJ
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by newjersey
Hi Karen,
the "further" message - I think it means that application was checked for basic requirements (age, English, skills assessment and some others) and acknowledged to be a "valid application". Based on the weekly infomail, CO assignment is months ahead of this message, which normally appears within several days from lodging the application. Yes, someone looked at it, but only to confirm that it is worth putting in a queue. My guess only

NJ
Hi New Jersey,

Just got a private email from someone who received the same message as myself. They called down to Adelaide and apparently it does mean we have a case officer, it does not mean that we will have our visa in 4 weeks however, it could take up to 3 months still to receive the visa. After doing a ton of research on this site and another site, it seems to me that they won't contact you, unless they want something from you. The only things outstanding for us are the medicals which were done on Wednesday and are ready to be courier to Sydney next week. Our doctor gave us a letter so I might just send that down to show that we have gone for our meds to give them a heads up.

I am floored just as much as everyone else at the speed. I certainely did not expect things to move as fast as they have.

Karen
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:00 pm
Beau

mountgrace is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=twinsmom65;6383960]Hi New Jersey,

Hi karen
I was reading your thread, it would be a miracle if you had a case officer so soon,my appication has been saying that for months and i applied 6 months ago. However if you do i would say thats great news.
Sorry to sound negative, keep us posted.
vanessa
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Hi

when my status page said application being processed further, i got an email from my case officer same day, so for us the message did mean we had a co.
There doesnt seem to be much consistency though in this whole process!!!!

weve applied for 175, 176 are quicker.

good luck x
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Hello,

Getting more confused by the minute I think. We applied online for a 176 visa on May 15/08, received acknowledgment of payment and TRN number the same day. Next day received email from ASPC with permission id and request for info. Checked out the online status and it showed Process commencing. No problem with that.

On May 20/08 I sent an email with all of our scanned documents along with our police checks.

Checked out the online status the next day and we had a new date at the top.. May 21/08 - Application being further processed.

From going through this site and looking at other threads, it seems that when you receive the Application being further processed, it means they have sent you onto a case officer... Am I correct in thinking this??

Just wondering as it is awfully fast, and I don't want to get my hopes up.

Any ideas would be helpful

Cheers

Karen
Ours change to 'Application being further processed' the day after we applied, our agent told us this is just someone as checked it as NJ said. We didn't get a CO til months later.

Hope it is good news for you but don't want you to get your hopes up as this is a long and stressful process.

Good luck

Tina x