IELTS result

Old May 20th 2008, 9:05 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice
Default IELTS result

Hi,

Just wondering if I can submit a 175 app online claiming the 25 points awarded for proficient English even though I won't have my test results at that point.

Unfortunately the next test date is in July but I was planning to have the app submitted by the end of June. Is it possible to send on the results at a later date?

Thanks,
Lil
Old May 20th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IELTS result

When you recieve the IELTS results, the certificate has a number. You need to include this number in the application, so I presume you'll have to wait until you have this to submit?

Unless you can give this to your CO at a later date? But then the application wouldn't be complete so I'm not sure.
Old May 20th 2008, 9:48 am
Just Joined

debbief444 will become famous soon enough

no, we were told by our agent we cant put in the visa application until we get the IELTS results.
(fingers crossed we get it first time or we will have to wait three months before we sit exam again)
good luck with it.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:14 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

I second that, English is a basic requirement that needs to be met at the time of application. NJ
Old May 20th 2008, 11:11 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Thanks everybody,

Unfortunately it just adds to the wait, debbie just to let you know that UCC does the tests monthly so if you are not successful first time around you might be able to sit it faster than three months in Cork. Anyway it is best to be optimistic, you will pass it first time without dramas!! Good luck with it
Old May 21st 2008, 12:39 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by debbief444
no, we were told by our agent we cant put in the visa application until we get the IELTS results.
Originally Posted by newjersey
I second that, English is a basic requirement that needs to be met at the time of application. NJ
I submitted my application (on the advice of my MARA-registered agent) before I had the IELTS results (in fact, before I'd done the test). When I got them, the scan of the certificate was added. See the dates in my signature.

Cheers
b
Old May 21st 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by benlast
I submitted my application (on the advice of my MARA-registered agent) before I had the IELTS results (in fact, before I'd done the test). When I got them, the scan of the certificate was added. See the dates in my signature.

Cheers
b
I think it depends whether you have a passport from a country classified by DIAC as having native English speakers (UK, US, NZ, Ireland, and Canada). If so, you've met the basic English requirement at the time of lodgment without the IELTS results, and then perhaps you could claim additional points through IELTS (this is where the confusion is - to claim additional English points, should the supporting document (IELTS result) be submitted at lodgment date???).

If you don't hold passport from any of those countries, then you are definitely required to submit IELTS/OET results upon lodgment, to satisfy the basic English requirements.

Last edited by sailechz; May 21st 2008 at 1:31 pm.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:05 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sailechz
...this is where the confusion is - to claim additional English points, should the supporting document (IELTS result) be submitted at lodgment date???
Fair point about the points allocated if you hold certain passports, but I definitely needed to claim the additional points to reach the threshold.

Cheers
b
Old May 21st 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Cheers
b
As I might have to do the same can I just ask, when you applied is it the same as the paper application form I've seen whereby you enter the date of your impending IELTS exam on the online form?

I get the 15 points due to my british passport but I'm claiming the extra 10 via the exam. So I will be under the 120 pass mark when I apply but then hopefully if\once passed the exam I'll be at the pass mark a couple of weeks after I've applied online.
Old May 21st 2008, 3:25 pm
Citizen Of The World

Originally Posted by Kryptonix
As I might have to do the same can I just ask, when you applied is it the same as the paper application form I've seen whereby you enter the date of your impending IELTS exam on the online form?
If I remember, you can't do that; the online app won't allow entry of a date in the future. From checking my initial "record of responses", I said that I hadn't taken an IELTS test in the last 24 months (which was true), but claimed Proficient English, leaving the date and test reference numbers blank. In order to back that claim up, I have now supplied a scan of the IELTS certificate.

I get the 15 points due to my british passport but I'm claiming the extra 10 via the exam. So I will be under the 120 pass mark when I apply but then hopefully if\once passed the exam I'll be at the pass mark a couple of weeks after I've applied online.
Same here; that's exactly what I did.

Cheers
b
Old May 21st 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

If I remember, you can't do that; the online app won't allow entry of a date in the future. From checking my initial "record of responses", I said that I hadn't taken an IELTS test in the last 24 months (which was true), but claimed Proficient English, leaving the date and test reference numbers blank. In order to back that claim up, I have now supplied a scan of the IELTS certificate.

Same here; that's exactly what I did.

Cheers
b
Great thanks for that, so when you claimed Proficient English did you have to just check\tick a box to claim the extra points and not put in any results (as at the time you wouldn't have had them) or test number.

The only different thing for me is I might apply after I've taken the IELTS exam (so I'd have to say yes to taking an exam in the last 24 months which may be a prob). It depends on (hopefully) when I get my ACS result. As I hope to apply as and when that comes though.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:07 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

Great thanks for that, so when you claimed Proficient English did you have to just check\tick a box to claim the extra points and not put in any results (as at the time you wouldn't have had them) or test number.

The only different thing for me is I might apply after I've taken the IELTS exam (so I'd have to say yes to taking an exam in the last 24 months which may be a prob). It depends on (hopefully) when I get my ACS result. As I hope to apply as and when that comes though.
Really wish I had applied for IELTS while waiting for my skills assessment, it just means less waiting. Might just wait for my test results before submitting application, it only adds on a few extra weeks to the whole process. Also just wondering how easy it is to get a Level 7 or higher? Have heard of English speakers failing to reach that mark in the past but hopefully it won't be me
Old May 21st 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Really wish I had applied for IELTS while waiting for my skills assessment, it just means less waiting. Might just wait for my test results before submitting application, it only adds on a few extra weeks to the whole process. Also just wondering how easy it is to get a Level 7 or higher? Have heard of English speakers failing to reach that mark in the past but hopefully it won't be me
I'm Asian an not a native English speaker but I got 8.0 overall score. As long as you use English in your daily life, getting a mark of at least 7.0 should not be difficult. But preparation is also important - familiarize yourself with the exam type and common questions/tasks so you know what to expect.
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lilsweets
I'm in the same position as you. Passed my RPL yesterday and now realised I need to do the IELTS exam to get the extra 10 points I need.

Hope to god I don't fail it!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyR
I'm in the same position as you. Passed my RPL yesterday and now realised I need to do the IELTS exam to get the extra 10 points I need.

Hope to god I don't fail it!!
Main thing to do is get the exam booked if you haven't already done so. I never realised the exam would get booked up so quickly, tried loads of places but none had availability at the time. Not too bothered as I'm still waiting on the ACS and it gives me more time to practice. But I booked my exam in April and could only get availabilty for the 14th June.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.