Do I need a visa label?

Old May 25th 2011, 8:49 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 Visa - label in passport

Originally Posted by Dentonburn
I've just been allocated a 176 visa (one of the delayed NSW ones!).
CO was absolutely fantastic

My CO tells me that I don't need to get a label as evidence in my passport as it is now handled electronically, but, although this may sound daft, how do employers in Australia know that you're entitled to work legally?
In the old Working holiday Visa days circa 2000, all agencies used to photocopy your work visa as evidence!
There is a VEVO system where they can verify your status electronically. You can access it too, the link is on the immi.gov.au
Old May 25th 2011, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all
Default Re: Visa label?

I nearly had a heart attack when I checked my visa on vevo.

It came up with an error cannot find.

It turns out if you birthday is 01-09 you need to drop the 0 for it to work.
Old May 25th 2011, 9:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need a visa label?

Several threads merged as the same question keeps being asked
Old May 25th 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

We are validating in October to Perth, i guess we can get the "sticker" at the DIAC office when we get there. However, if i want it beforehand (just for peace of mind if nothing else!) so i post it to the Australian Embassy in London?
Old May 25th 2011, 9:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lois1
We are validating in October to Perth, i guess we can get the "sticker" at the DIAC office when we get there. However, if i want it beforehand (just for peace of mind if nothing else!) so i post it to the Australian Embassy in London?
Yes. Use the Royal Mail's Special Delivery service though, not just their bog standard service. Also enclose a prepaid self addressed SD envelope for them to return it otherwise they will use the crap version.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beoz
Add Medicare and Drivers License to that list.
Indeed. I went to Medicare before the immigration office and luckily I had the emails from DIAC confirming the e-visa. No checking of VEVO by them.

They would like to think you do not need a visa label but the reality is it will make life easier if you do get one.

We were in the Sydney CBD office no more than 45 minutes all in so no big deal.
Old May 25th 2011, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

rexlion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Little Lisa 1971
Hi Everyone,

We are flying to Perth on the 12th December 2011 to validate our 176 Visa which was granted in April 2011. I was wondering what you thought about the new E-Visa? I am worried I might have problems at the airport, though I have printed off all our information on the DIAC Website (VEVO).

Has anyone recently using a E-Visa had any problems at the airport? We are flying with Singapore Airlines.

Would you post off the passports to London and have them stamped to be safe? Does anyone know how much the special delivery costs return for 4 passports?

Thanks Little Lisa x
we sent ours off to london and had them back in 4 days cost about £12.00.
There is a page on the australia house website telling what to do and where to send them, we validate in August..............
Old May 25th 2011, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

rexlion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rexlion
we sent ours off to london and had them back in 4 days cost about £12.00.
There is a page on the australia house website telling what to do and where to send them, we validate in August..............
http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/visaevid.html

Link to page ;-)
Old May 26th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Validating a visa

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
But it is nice to see the visa label in passport, we couldn't wait to get our passports sent off for evidencing, did it straight away. Certainly when you make the permanent move you will need it for all kind of reasons not associated with immigration control at the airport.
Sorry to dig up an old thread but can you elaborate on what those reasons might be? Maybe I am being paranoid but on two occasions during the application process we had couriered documents go walkabout for a couple of weeks so I am somewhat hesitant to send off our passports to have a visa label put in if we don't need to. (It can't happen again, can it?)
Old May 26th 2011, 3:34 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validating a visa

Originally Posted by bikeframed
Sorry to dig up an old thread but can you elaborate on what those reasons might be? Maybe I am being paranoid but on two occasions during the application process we had couriered documents go walkabout for a couple of weeks so I am somewhat hesitant to send off our passports to have a visa label put in if we don't need to. (It can't happen again, can it?)
I've moved your post to a more current thread as the subject is being discussed in here

As you'll see from the posts above, you don't have to get a label but it does make life easier. I was asked by employers to provide a photocopy of it, Medicare wanted a copy of it as I wasn't on their system when I went to register, its just handy visual proof. But you dont have to send it anywhere, wait till you get to Aus then just take it into a DIAC office and they will do it on the spot.
Old May 26th 2011, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough

How did I miss this thread? Not enough coffee today I guess...thanks Pollyana.
Old May 26th 2011, 5:16 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bikeframed
How did I miss this thread? Not enough coffee today I guess...thanks Pollyana.
No probs
Old Dec 6th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

venziap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mvagusta
I nearly had a heart attack when I checked my visa on vevo.

It came up with an error cannot find.

It turns out if you birthday is 01-09 you need to drop the 0 for it to work.
Hi,
I received the visa grant letter today. Unfortunately, when I tried to check the secondary applicants visas (spouse and kids)on VEVO it said could not find visas. Has anyone experienced such an error? I could only retrieve mine (primary applicant) visa
Old Dec 6th 2011, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by venziap
Hi,
I received the visa grant letter today. Unfortunately, when I tried to check the secondary applicants visas (spouse and kids)on VEVO it said could not find visas. Has anyone experienced such an error? I could only retrieve mine (primary applicant) visa
Yes, my husband's details cannot be found on that self checking thing. Also when we went to New Zealand on holiday the authorities there found my Australian visa but not his and he had to enter as a tourist whilst I got a NZ PR stamp.

However we have had no problems at all with Australia immigration and when I contacted them after the NZ incident they could not provide an explanation as all looks perfectly in order to them.

So in a nutshell, don't worry about it, so long as they are all named on the letter it will be fine. Perhaps make sur you send of and get the visa labels in your passport for extra peace of mind.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Dec 6th 2011 at 7:28 pm. Reason: clarification
Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:07 am
Just Joined

venziap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Yes, my husband's details cannot be found on that self checking thing. Also when we went to New Zealand on holiday the authorities there found my Australian visa but not his and he had to enter as a tourist whilst I got a NZ PR stamp.

However we have had no problems at all with Australia immigration and when I contacted them after the NZ incident they could not provide an explanation as all looks perfectly in order to them.

So in a nutshell, don't worry about it, so long as they are all named on the letter it will be fine. Perhaps make sur you send of and get the visa labels in your passport for extra peace of mind.
Thank you for your response!
I E-mailed the CO regarding the issue and he replied that everything is OK with the visas. We had to call the number on the VEVO site and get passwords for the secondary applicants. The visa details for them were not available due to security reasons...