Do i go away?

Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do i go away?

Hi,

I'm due to send my de facto spouse visa to London this week and the medical to follow in approx 2 weeks.
Do i have to send my original passport or just a copy?

I also have another problem. My friend is due to go to spain in 3 weeks. Her and her partner have fallen out and she now wants me to go away with her (it'll be for 10 days).

I would like to get the visa approved asap, so that i can join my partner in Sydney asap, so should i turn down the holiday or go?? I know that you have to be in the country when the visa is approved and that they will need my original passport.

I would like to go on holiday with her (it'll be the last chance we have) but at the same time, would like the stamp in my passport asap and going on holiday will just delay it happening.

Help!!! what would you all do??

Thanks,

Su
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do i go away?

Originally Posted by suzysu
Hi,

I'm due to send my de facto spouse visa to London this week and the medical to follow in approx 2 weeks.
Do i have to send my original passport or just a copy?

I also have another problem. My friend is due to go to spain in 3 weeks. Her and her partner have fallen out and she now wants me to go away with her (it'll be for 10 days).

I would like to get the visa approved asap, so that i can join my partner in Sydney asap, so should i turn down the holiday or go?? I know that you have to be in the country when the visa is approved and that they will need my original passport.

I would like to go on holiday with her (it'll be the last chance we have) but at the same time, would like the stamp in my passport asap and going on holiday will just delay it happening.

Help!!! what would you all do??

Thanks,

Su
Hi Su,
You can send a certified copy pf your passport with the application; when they approve it they will write to you and let you know, and ask for your passport so that they can put the sticker in it.
So you can go to Spain, and if they approve it while you are away it will only delay it for a couple of weeks, as you can then get the visa put in as soon as you return.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Do i go away?

Hiya,

Do i have to be in the country when the visa gets approved do you know?

I would like to go away with my friend, but dont really want to delay getting the visa, cos i want to go to Sydney asap (really, really missing my partner)
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:29 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Do i have to be in the country when the visa gets approved do you know?

I would like to go away with my friend, but dont really want to delay getting the visa, cos i want to go to Sydney asap (really, really missing my partner)

I think you just have to be OUTSIDE Australia when the visa is granted.

We're still waiting.....waiting......
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
I think you just have to be OUTSIDE Australia when the visa is granted.

We're still waiting.....waiting......
So as long as im not in oz, i should be ok then?
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:00 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

So as long as im not in oz, i should be ok then?
Have you seen Booklet 1. Here's a link:-

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books1.htm

Hope it's useful.

Part 9 deals with whether or not you applied within Oz for your Visa, and where you need to be when it's issued.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Have you seen Booklet 1. Here's a link:-

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books1.htm

Hope it's useful.

Part 9 deals with whether or not you applied within Oz for your Visa, and where you need to be when it's issued.
Thanks for that info.

Looks like i might be going to spain in 3 weeks now!! yippee
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:16 pm
Keeping Busy

Thanks for that info.

Looks like i might be going to spain in 3 weeks now!! yippee
Raise a glass of Sangria please for all us hopefully waiting....waiting!!!!!!

Enjoy!
x
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Raise a glass of Sangria please for all us hopefully waiting....waiting!!!!!!

Enjoy!
x
I will do for all of you i tell you, it'll be so nice having a break from thinking about the visa etc. Mind you, i will prob be wondering if i've had any post about the visa!!