Dilemma of Child 101 and Subclass 600

Old Jan 8th 2024, 10:30 am
Just Joined

DownUnder2024 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dilemma of Child 101 and Subclass 600

Hi All

Just joined the forum from UK. Both me and wife have RRV (2nd one) expire on 6th November 2024. Applied child 101 for 2 of our daughters age 6 n age 7 on 27th Nov 2023 with valid acknowledgement received.

Knowing 101 long processing times we applied subclass 600 for both kids, which was granted for 12 months from date of each arrival- multiple entry etc with 8201, expiring on 21 Dec 2024.

We would like to move ASAP but with the 8201 - 3 months max study, what's the best way to time our move? We feel we could move around July 2024 with 3 months allowed to study, followed by school holidays etc would be sufficient to get close to get 101 etc hopefully heard we dont have to move them abroad when ready to be granted etc due to covid19. Also school year in UK is done by June etc.

Schools fees weekly are little overwhelming for 2 kids if we have to pay on top of trying to settle etc.

So either we just wait out till get 101 granted or take a plunge.

We have started to wind up slowly back here in hope we can book tickets etc

Just need some more assurance and advise please 🙏

kids can only go 3 months schools after that on avg its 200-300/week each so that's like 1600- 2400/month extra overhead while trying to settled. 802 onshore process on top.

We were well excited when we got 600 in 2 days 😀 but this schools condition 8201 spoils it.

fyi - I have alredy had to withdraw 101 in Feb 2023 due to my own back issue and elderly parents etc we got to stage wheee medical n police cert were requested on 14th Feb 2023, and they dint refund. So lost 😕 full fees 😒 back then. They are quick to email back ok your app is withdrawn as soon as you email. So I don't want to go down that route 😕 while we are settled here can carry on waiting etc

Worse case we may have to reapply our RRV befor it expires in Nov 2024. 2nd time it only tool 2 weeks. Let's see. It is annoying 😒 to juggle things while waiting ✋️ etc.

Wondering to call them or do feedback form explaining etc. 🤔 unless someone has more ideas 💡 🙏 please

I have read medicare centrelink etc should not be issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.