Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Difficult question about 457 - can you help?

Difficult question about 457 - can you help?

Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Sandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Difficult question about 457 - can you help?

Hi all,

After 3 days searching the immi.gov.au website and 2 emails to DIMIA without a satisfying answer, I hope you can help me.
I want to go to Oz to find a sponser employer in REGIONAL Australia on the 457 visa. I know there are exemptions from the minimal skills levels on this visa. There is a list available with occupations you can not apply for. This excluded occupation list is what I am looking for. I have searched in the gazettals but no list. I am pretty sure I have seen such a list a view months ago. Do you know the jobs I can not apply for when I want to work in regional Oz?

I hope so.
Tell me and make me smile again!

Greets,
Sandy
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:30 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Difficult question about 457 - can you help?

Originally Posted by Sandy
Hi all,

After 3 days searching the immi.gov.au website and 2 emails to DIMIA without a satisfying answer, I hope you can help me.
I want to go to Oz to find a sponser employer in REGIONAL Australia on the 457 visa. I know there are exemptions from the minimal skills levels on this visa. There is a list available with occupations you can not apply for. This excluded occupation list is what I am looking for. I have searched in the gazettals but no list. I am pretty sure I have seen such a list a view months ago. Do you know the jobs I can not apply for when I want to work in regional Oz?

I hope so.
Tell me and make me smile again!

Greets,
Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Not a difficult question but what you're planning is a long shot, hope you've got a saleable occupation. The Gazette notice is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/g...20b_salary.pdf you're looking for Schedule 3 in that notice. To interpret it you'll need to access the ASCO dictionary via www.abs.gov.au .

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Sandy,

Not a difficult question but what you're planning is a long shot, hope you've got a saleable occupation. The Gazette notice is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/g...20b_salary.pdf you're looking for Schedule 3 in that notice. To interpret it you'll need to access the ASCO dictionary via www.abs.gov.au .

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.
But maybe it is because I have been staring to long on this subject but can't figure it out even with your links. You mean Schedule C in stead of 3 right? There I read about ASCO major groups 1-7 I can not apply for is that right?? It's a pretty complicated sentence in that scedule (for a Dutchy).
Could you give me another hand please?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sandy
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:57 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandy
Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.
But maybe it is because I have been staring to long on this subject but can't figure it out even with your links. You mean Schedule C in stead of 3 right? There I read about ASCO major groups 1-7 I can not apply for is that right?? It's a pretty complicated sentence in that scedule (for a Dutchy).
Could you give me another hand please?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sandy
Goeten dag Sandy,

Yes, you can be sponsored for just about every occupation in the ASCO chapters 1-7, as the Gazette Notice describes, with only some minor exceptions. Did you look at the ASCO yet?

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jul 28th 2005, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Goeten dag Sandy,

Yes, you can be sponsored for just about every occupation in the ASCO chapters 1-7, as the Gazette Notice describes, with only some minor exceptions. Did you look at the ASCO yet?

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

Goedendag! hahahah.

Thanks again for your reply;

On the immi.gov.au website they tell you to refer to Schedule B of the Gazette Notice, rather than ASCO, for a definitive list of acceptable occupations.
Plus for REGIONAL 457 is an excemption from the minimum skill (and salary) level.
On page 17 of booklet 11 I found a summary of types of jobs I can NOT apply for: (tour guide, postions for elementary clerical, sales and service workers or labourers AND general occupations not elsewhere classified under the classification).
But what kind of jobs should I think of??
I also found this link: Excluded occupations are specified in a Gazette Notice at www.immi.gov.au/legislation/gazettals.
I can remember when I looked at this visa before a view months ago and that I did find a list of occupations (examples of jobs) I cannot apply for when I want to apply for a REGIONAL 457 visa.
I like this visa cause that gives me more chances. I work in tourism
and need to know if I can apply for jobs like on a travel agency,touroperator, reception of accommodations, tourist information places etc. etc.
Do you know of/have the list of job examples I can not apply for on the 457 regional visa?

I appreciate your help!

Thanks again,
Sandy