Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anticipation of temporary ceasing of offshore migrant visa?

Originally Posted by vxm665
I am just wondering whether there is any tips about temporarily ceasing offshore migrant visa as DIAC usually do in the past before the new changes come into effect.

Thanks.
if they decide to stop processing it'll be on the website and reported on here. No-one has said anything about it happening and most changes go through without any cease in visa grants.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

cindyduong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My document chekclist has still not changed it's status

Hi everybody,
I attached required documents online 3 days ago, but there is nothing change in my application status. Is something wrong or do I have to wait for a case officer to receive my case? Thanks for help!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 2:41 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My document chekclist has still not changed it's status

Originally Posted by cindyduong
Hi everybody,
I attached required documents online 3 days ago, but there is nothing change in my application status. Is something wrong or do I have to wait for a case officer to receive my case? Thanks for help!
Sometimes they take a while to change the statuses. Ours are still listed as 'required' and we submitted ours back in Jan/Feb 2009 (and we know they received them as we did a PLE to check just to make sure after about a month).
Old Mar 16th 2011, 2:43 pm

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,
Hi there, and welcome to BE.

First of all, congrats for launching your application. Online document status is not useful at the moment. What I mean is that it depends on your case officer how often he/she updates the status. Some don't do at all and when your documents may still be "required" even after you get your visa. Some do it frequently. So its not a true representation of whats happening with your application.

So there is nothing wrong, just wait for either your visa decision or correspondence from your case officer.. but upload all required documents on time.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:30 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,
3 days and you already think something is wrong. Your application may not see a human touch for another 6 months to a year or more, depending on what visa it is, your nationality, length of the queue that you have no way to measure and a million other factors. Best you can do is get on with your life and follow the thread on this forum for your months' applicants, then you will see how things are moving along.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newjersey
3 days and you already think something is wrong. Your application may not see a human touch for another 6 months to a year or more, depending on what visa it is, your nationality, length of the queue that you have no way to measure and a million other factors. Best you can do is get on with your life and follow the thread on this forum for your months' applicants, then you will see how things are moving along.
Thanks for your reply, but I don't mention about the progress. I mean there must be some notification to let me know whether my documents are received or need to be corrected. For example, medical requests like HIV blood test have changed their status from "required" to "received". So, why my documents in checklist do not change like that?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:24 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply, but I don't mention about the progress. I mean there must be some notification to let me know whether my documents are received or need to be corrected. For example, medical requests like HIV blood test have changed their status from "required" to "received". So, why my documents in checklist do not change like that?
They don't always update them immediately, and as adeel.zafar said, sometimes they don't even get updated after the visa has been granted. Again, ours are still saying 'required' after 2 years 2 months. Don't expect them to change this quickly.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar
Hi there, and welcome to BE.

First of all, congrats for launching your application. Online document status is not useful at the moment. What I mean is that it depends on your case officer how often he/she updates the status. Some don't do at all and when your documents may still be "required" even after you get your visa. Some do it frequently. So its not a true representation of whats happening with your application.

So there is nothing wrong, just wait for either your visa decision or correspondence from your case officer.. but upload all required documents on time.
I really appreciated your reply. Anyway, can anyone tell me where the "thank" button is? I am a totally new-comer.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
They don't always update them immediately, and as adeel.zafar said, sometimes they don't even get updated after the visa has been granted. Again, ours are still saying 'required' after 2 years 2 months. Don't expect them to change this quickly.
Why have your application taken too long to respond? I think the time frame for proceesing is just within one year? Do you do anything, but waiting for your visa decision? Like writing a letter to ask DIAC about your case?
Best wishes for you!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:36 pm

Why have your application taken too long to respond? I think the time frame for proceesing is just within one year? Do you do anything, but waiting for your visa decision? Like writing a letter to ask DIAC about your case?
Best wishes for you!
Thanks It's this long because we're priority 4. There is no guarantee that processing will take just a year. It depends on what priority you're in & if you have sponsorship etc. We're going for a 475 family sponsored. Once priority 2 & 3 are up to date, they'll work on priority 4. Good luck with your app too
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for you!
Some visas can take over 2 years to process at present.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:33 pm

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

I really appreciated your reply. Anyway, can anyone tell me where the "thank" button is? I am a totally new-comer.
No worries. There is a karma button on the bottom left of every post.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

ozmigration is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long can 175 visa take

Hello,

I am about to submit online application for 175 visa.

I wanted to know, how long you think it can take maximum to get the visa, looking at current priority processing.

I am in to IT category with ACS positive assessment.

Thanks in advance for your helps.

Oz Migration.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future
Default Re: how long can 175 visa take

Mine took under 2 months (was over a year but this was because the Agent we went with first was dodgy and ran without doing anything) once with a good agent it was less than a month, but it can vary.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:38 pm
Prepare yourself Brisbane

Dave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the roughDave.McLeod is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: how long can 175 visa take

The DIAC website states 18 -24 months as 175 visas are priority 3.

But we lodged ours on November 2nd 2010 and got a letter last week saying we should have a case officer within the next 3 months.

Our agent further told us that DIAC hope to have all application within our category processed by the end of 2011 at the latest.

So that would be for us 13 months maximum but hopefully much sooner as we are supplying the final medicals and police checks within the next 4 weeks so hopefully the case officer can process us quite quickly if they have all the documents they need.

I am a teacher and my husband is in IT.

Hope this helps

Hayley x x x

Last edited by Dave.McLeod; Mar 21st 2011 at 5:10 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.