Details Of Family Members

Old Sep 12th 2003, 12:42 am
matethreat

Default Details Of Family Members

I have sat down today and read over the application I submitted to DIMIA for my skilled visa last year. One of the questions in form 47sk asks you to list your parents and step parents.

2 years ago when I was 30 my dad re-married. I neglected to mention his new wife. She also has 2 kids that are in their late twenties which I have never met. Are these people that I should have included in my list of family members?

I never considered her a step mother and these others my step brother and sister, considering I was long gone from living with my parents when my dad re-married.

Any assistance would be very appreciated.

Old Sep 12th 2003, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

sunsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Details Of Family Members

Originally posted by matethreat
I have sat down today and read over the application I submitted to DIMIA for my skilled visa last year. One of the questions in form 47sk asks you to list your parents and step parents.

2 years ago when I was 30 my dad re-married. I neglected to mention his new wife. She also has 2 kids that are in their late twenties which I have never met. Are these people that I should have included in my list of family members?

I never considered her a step mother and these others my step brother and sister, considering I was long gone from living with my parents when my dad re-married.

The application form does say that you need to give correct information about all your relatives and that includes your step brothers/sisters. And DIMIA also insists that the applicant should add more pages if necessary to provide information of all relatives. Though I do not know how this information or the lack of it affects the overall outcome.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Details Of Family Members

I put down my step mum but not my step dad as he and my mum are now divorced so i didn't think him relevant!
good luck matethreat
rach
Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:31 pm
matethreat

See, that's just it. Because I was not living at home and had never really spent any time at all with his new wife it just didn't even cross my mind to call her a parent in any way, plus I have never to this day met her kids, so to call them step brother and sister seemed like a stretch.

But, it was an oversite on my part and I have drafted a letter with all their details and will send it off this weekend, I hope it has no impact on my case, I definitely had no intention at all to deceive them.

Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default matethreat

See, that's just it. Because I was not living at home and had never really spent any time at all with his new wife it just didn't even cross my mind to call her a parent in any way, plus I have never to this day met her kids, so to call them step brother and sister seemed like a stretch.

But, it was an oversite on my part and I have drafted a letter with all their details and will send it off this weekend, I hope it has no impact on my case, I definitely had no intention at all to deceive them.
i dont' think that they would see it as some sort of deception on your part, just explain in the letter the way you have explained it in your post and im sure that they will understand!
best of luck
rach
Old Sep 15th 2003, 11:45 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

matethreat,

You may wish to send off a Form 1023 (Notification of Incorrect Answers) to DIMIA together with your letter as well. That's the proper form to use in such instances.

Peter