Dependant Visa Lodgement

Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

divinestate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dependant Visa Lodgement

Hello Everyone,

Currently, am a Temporary resident living in Australia and my visa expires on March.
My wife who's overseas at the moment is about to launch student visa.
Since my visa will be expiring soon, I have planned to apply for a dependent visa while me being onshore.
Recently I heard from my consultant that if the primary applicant launches the application offshore, secondary applicant will be unable to launch from onshore.
Could someone please assist me on this?
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:42 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dependant Visa Lodgement

Originally Posted by divinestate
Hello Everyone,

Currently, am a Temporary resident living in Australia and my visa expires on March.
My wife who's overseas at the moment is about to launch student visa.
Since my visa will be expiring soon, I have planned to apply for a dependent visa while me being onshore.
Recently I heard from my consultant that if the primary applicant launches the application offshore, secondary applicant will be unable to launch from onshore.
Could someone please assist me on this?
Thanks in advance.
I wonder why you are using a consultant if you doubt their word

If your wife is applying for a student visa, you can be included in her application as a dependant, but I would guess that as she is overseas you may need to be too. If your consultant is not a MARA registered migration agent, I would find one who is.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

divinestate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dependant Visa Lodgement

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I wonder why you are using a consultant if you doubt their word

If your wife is applying for a student visa, you can be included in her application as a dependant, but I would guess that as she is overseas you may need to be too. If your consultant is not a MARA registered migration agent, I would find one who is.
Thanks for the reply.

I consulted two migration agents, where they both differ with their statement.
So wanted to confirm.