dependant children

Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:16 am
Just Joined

jbeiluj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dependant children

Can anyone help, i am nearing the end of my hairdressing course and i have a son who is 18 yr old i have been told that if he is dependant on me he will be ok to carry on in my visa !

what does dependant mean if he is working what can he actually earn without being not dependant on us ????? this is very confusing to me HELP PLEASE ANYONE
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: dependant children

Originally Posted by jbeiluj
Can anyone help, i am nearing the end of my hairdressing course and i have a son who is 18 yr old i have been told that if he is dependant on me he will be ok to carry on in my visa !

what does dependant mean if he is working what can he actually earn without being not dependant on us ????? this is very confusing to me HELP PLEASE ANYONE

If he is over 18 he really needs to be in full time education and not earning to be classified as dependant.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:03 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dependant children

my 18 year old son works 2 jobs equivalent to 24 hours and on minimum wage.

One job which he hopes to pursue I have to pay for outside of work training for him as it is with the English FA as he cant afford it on his wage.

I told DIAC all this and didnt have to go into great deal to prove it as I know others have.

He has received his visa and we are validating in May.

I gave them details of contracted hours, pay and informed them that the job he is hoping to pursue where he is working for 10 hours a week that it was not a formal apprenticeship.

You have to give reason why they are dependant on you they don't neccessarily have to be in education.

good luck