Spouse Visa Questions

Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Gussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to all
Default Spouse Visa Questions

Hello again folks,

Right, as some of ye may remember, I applied for my Spose Visa here in Ireland and sent the application all fully loaded to London over 2 weeks ago.
I know the application is quite speedy for Spouse Visas but is there any way of knowing how it's going - is there any email you get when they assign a CO etc?

Also, I'm planning on going to South America for some travelling - does it matter if I get back to Australia and then head to South America for 2 months? My OH won't be doing it with me though as she will be starting work straight away when she gets back to Australia. Will there be any problems with me getting to Australia then heading off for 2 months at the start of the Visa?
Or would I be better to try and get the travelling done before I get back to Australia?

Many thanks as usual.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Questions

We're in the same boat Gussy, tho we sent ours from England. It seems to be a waiting game
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:00 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I recently had my PSV approved which is a pretty similar thing. I received an email back exactly a week after they received the application acknowledging receipt and asking for a Stat Dec about one aspect. I dealt with that immediately and exactly 2 weeks after they received the application I was granted the visa. If you've sent everything they need then the first thing you might hear from them could be your grant email ! So keep those fingers crossed, not hearing for a couple of weeks could mean that its all going through!

I sent mine in by special delivery so I could check that way that the application had been received - and the other way is to check that the payment has been taken for the fee - they did that the day it arrived! Other than that I think its just a waiting game.

Wish you both all the best of luck that you'll get the visas soon!

Re the travel question, all I know is that on my PSV it says that after initial entry which had to be by a certain date, I could leave and re-enter as many times as I like within the 9 months that the PSV is valid for.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Gussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to allGussy is a name known to all

@ Ratch - yep just the waiting game it seems. I think it would be easier on people if they had some sort of online update system though.

@Sillyoldbag - thanks for the reply - again!

Ya I sent mine by courier and it was received and the money was taken a few days later. Fingers crossed it's a speedy process - not knowing what's going on is a bit worrying!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:36 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gussy
@ Ratch - yep just the waiting game it seems. I think it would be easier on people if they had some sort of online update system though.

@Sillyoldbag - thanks for the reply - again!

Ya I sent mine by courier and it was received and the money was taken a few days later. Fingers crossed it's a speedy process - not knowing what's going on is a bit worrying!
Its horrible when you have that feeling that your life is not in your own hands for a while but it is THE best feeling when you get your grant email ! Its funny though that both times I heard from DIAC the email for some bizarre reason came through quite late in the evening AFTER i'd stopped checking every 5 minutes, not that I'm suggesting you stay up all night every night refreshing your mail
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

hopefully its just the easter break slowing things down and you will both hear back soon...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, I just need to relax and give them more time. I'm just worried about my spam filter on my email so I keep checking my spam folder too to make double sure I don't miss an email from them!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Its horrible when you have that feeling that your life is not in your own hands for a while but it is THE best feeling when you get your grant email ! Its funny though that both times I heard from DIAC the email for some bizarre reason came through quite late in the evening AFTER i'd stopped checking every 5 minutes, not that I'm suggesting you stay up all night every night refreshing your mail
Originally Posted by donovandenese
hopefully its just the easter break slowing things down and you will both hear back soon...
Thanks guys.
Silly - I've got fingers, toes and everything crossed.
Maybe some chocolate will calm me down!!! xo