defacto visa - money question

Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

emsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud of
Default defacto visa - money question

hi

i''m going to be applying for a defacto spouse visa later this year, i'm english and my boyfriend is australian. on the form it asks how much money you plan to take to australia......is there a minimum amount you need to take?

Also as my boyfriend is my sponsor, does he need to have a certain amount of savings and do you have to show this in your application?

just want to know how much saving we need to be doing! :-)
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: defacto visa - money question

Originally Posted by emsie
hi

i''m going to be applying for a defacto spouse visa later this year, i'm english and my boyfriend is australian. on the form it asks how much money you plan to take to australia......is there a minimum amount you need to take?

Also as my boyfriend is my sponsor, does he need to have a certain amount of savings and do you have to show this in your application?

just want to know how much saving we need to be doing! :-)
No minimum amount, and you don't have to show proof. I think I said about $5000. All they need to see is that you can support yourselves till you are working. Why not include Resumes, so that they can see how employable you are - I had that, and also a reference from my then boss, saying I would have no trouble finding work.
Same for your boyfriend - if he has any savings, then put down what he has, include proof of his earnings now, and a Resume, same as for you. Also if he has family here, then a Stat Dec from them saying that they will help out would be a good plan - this isn't a binding commitment, just shows that they support the relationship, and give you any help you need.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

emsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No minimum amount, and you don't have to show proof. I think I said about $5000. All they need to see is that you can support yourselves till you are working. Why not include Resumes, so that they can see how employable you are - I had that, and also a reference from my then boss, saying I would have no trouble finding work.
Same for your boyfriend - if he has any savings, then put down what he has, include proof of his earnings now, and a Resume, same as for you. Also if he has family here, then a Stat Dec from them saying that they will help out would be a good plan - this isn't a binding commitment, just shows that they support the relationship, and give you any help you need.

my boyfriend is working over here at the moment , we hope to go back to oz together after i get the visa,will it affect the visa if he hasn't got a job over there at the time of the application. we don't really want to be separated but is is better if he goes over there and gets a job etc before we apply?
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emsie
my boyfriend is working over here at the moment , we hope to go back to oz together after i get the visa,will it affect the visa if he hasn't got a job over there at the time of the application. we don't really want to be separated but is is better if he goes over there and gets a job etc before we apply?
Shouldn't do, as long as he has a good chance of getting work once he arrives back here, and especially if you can get family/friends to do Stat Decs to say they will help out if necessary. Plenty of spouse/de facto visas are granted to a couple who are living together outside Australia, and most of them have to look for work when they get here. Obviousl if he comes back first and sorts out job/house etc it will make life easier for you, but I don't think its a problem.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Shouldn't do, as long as he has a good chance of getting work once he arrives back here, and especially if you can get family/friends to do Stat Decs to say they will help out if necessary. Plenty of spouse/de facto visas are granted to a couple who are living together outside Australia, and most of them have to look for work when they get here. Obviousl if he comes back first and sorts out job/house etc it will make life easier for you, but I don't think its a problem.
thanks pollyanna - i don't feel as worried now!