Anyone applied for PR via ENS??

Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:49 pm
Never regret the past...

Swotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant future
Default Anyone applied for PR via ENS??

I am about to apply for PR via ENS...I have had my medicals and police checks done and now awaiting feedback - Medicals done on 13th of June, police checks requested on 6th of June.

I will send my application off once I receive my police report. The question is;

- Does the visa issued via ENS have any strings attached i.e. is it tied to a particular employer?

- What is the likely turnaround for such an application?

I would be grateful for some advice and guidance.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone applied for PR via ENS??

I've applied under LA as opposed to ENS, but I think the same visa condition applies (check booklet 5 for confirmation):
You must work for the employer who nominates you for 2 years minimum, unless your employment is terinated through no fault of your own (i.e. you can't bugger off early).

Timelines are pretty short I think, mine was about 6 months from sending DIMA the 47ES to the yes - but not until July email. I was away from home for most of that time too, so you're probably looking at a bit less, especially if you front load. DIMA have a site with processing times, I think it's business centre dependant.

HTH

Nige
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:15 pm
Never regret the past...

Swotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant future

Cheers mate - thats useful, I must have missed that 2 yr small print in booklet 5, its not a problem - just want to make sure that I am comfortable with any quirky conditions that might be attached. I am looking at an October start hence the front loading.

Cheers!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njk435
I've applied under LA as opposed to ENS, but I think the same visa condition applies (check booklet 5 for confirmation):
You must work for the employer who nominates you for 2 years minimum, unless your employment is terinated through no fault of your own (i.e. you can't bugger off early).
That condition only applies to RSMS visas (subclass 119 or 857) - not LA or ENS.

DIMA can only cancel LA/ENS visa in the circumstances you mention if the application was clearly fraudulent (ie no intention to ever work for the employer).
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:07 am
Never regret the past...

JAJ...thanks for this clarification, it does make sense.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 2:32 pm
Liatpenn

Swotsmart Wrote:
    > I am about to apply for PR via ENS...I have had my medicals and police
    > checks done and now awaiting feedback - Medicals done on 13th of June,
    > police checks requested on 6th of June.
    >
    > I will send my application off once I receive my police report. The
    > question is;
    >
    > - Does the visa issued via ENS have any strings attached i.e. is it
    > tied
    > to a particular employer?
    >
    > - What is the likely turnaround for such an application?
    >
    > I would be grateful for some advice and guidance.
    >
    > --

My employer had ENS (Subclass 121) done for me with an agent.
Application was sent to DIMA in Feb and approved in April, taking about
2 months. Make sure you know where everything should be sent to if you
are doing it on your own. My application was sent to Melbourne, but the
medical was sent to Sydney directly from the doctor's office.

Good luck.

liatpenn

--

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old Jun 17th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

I sit corrected JAJ - Info on page 2 of Form 47ES confirms 2 years 'tie' to sponsoring employer for RSMS only.

Cheers!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:58 pm
Never regret the past...

liatpenn...thanks for your post. 2 months is pretty good, my medicals would be sent to Sydney as well but my application would be sent to Perth as that is where my new employers will be submitting the request to nominate. The one thing that will delay my application at the moment is my police check as I only applied on the 6th of June (40 days turnaround).