defacto question

Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:03 am
Just Joined

oyster33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default defacto question

hi,

for the defacto visa, does the sponsor need to provide his bank statements or his payslips with the application to prove that he can support his partner?

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:05 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: defacto question

Originally posted by oyster33
hi,

for the defacto visa, does the sponsor need to provide his bank statements or his payslips with the application to prove that he can support his partner?

Thanks
A payslip or some sort of official document with his earnings on. My partner doesnt get payslips but his boss put everything in writing for him.

Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:39 am
Just Joined

is it a compulsary requirement of the application?
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:09 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

is it a compulsary requirement of the application?

I can't find anywhere to say its compulsory, but, by signing on his form its saying that he'll allow the DIMIA to obtain this information anyway.
Also one of the requirements of being a sponsor is that they can support you (if need be), so sending in a group certificate/payslip is one way of proving this. I don't know what the ramifcations are of not doing this, you wouldn't not get your visa but you possibly could be asked to do an Assurance of Support... I dont know for sure.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the reply..
right now my sponsor is earning around 500pw as a paralegal, plus i have my masters degree from australia as well...
wld that be good enuf?
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply..
right now my sponsor is earning around 500pw as a paralegal, plus i have my masters degree from australia as well...
wld that be good enuf?
Is that $500 pw with your sponsor in a job in Oz? Of so, I wouldn't worry too much.When I applied for my pros Spouse visa I was really worried as my (now) hubby only earns $26,000 a year, but they didn't query that at all.
If the form is the same now as then it asks for the sponsor to provide a letter from emplyer stating the income, or the previous years tax return.
See form 40SP, Page 8
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/40sp.pdf
Old Aug 4th 2004, 8:45 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by Pollyana
Is that $500 pw with your sponsor in a job in Oz? Of so, I wouldn't worry too much.When I applied for my pros Spouse visa I was really worried as my (now) hubby only earns $26,000 a year, but they didn't query that at all.
If the form is the same now as then it asks for the sponsor to provide a letter from emplyer stating the income, or the previous years tax return.
See form 40SP, Page 8
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/40sp.pdf

Thats what I was looking for I was sure it was written somewhere, but not mentioned in Booklet One or the checklist on 47SP!

Like Polly says, I think its more important just to show employment than worry too much about how much he's earning. I also sent in my resume and a page from Seek.com.au showing my employability and qualifications.