Dec App GSM 175 CSL/MODL New baby Delay ?

Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dec App GSM 175 CSL/MODL New baby Delay ?

Originally Posted by Plove
Thanks Dorothy

Perth is out chosen destination, do they still do the baby bonus these days ?
I am assuming the hospitals are slightly improved on the UK then...

Kind Regards
As far as I know they do.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

afathi82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You have said that before and it has been explained to you that women CAN IN FACT have a chest x-ray while pregnant.
After I read many articles about that it is considered safe to have x-ray while pregnancy, we went to do the x-ray in HSA in Canberra.
The doctor at the imaging center refused to do it. she told us she doesn't do it for pregnant women even in the second or third trimester of pregnancy. I sent here an enquiry about what to do, and i was adviced to do in somewhere else.
the radiologist reaction made us worry about that decision. we investigate more and asked different doctors. there is a controversy between gynecologists & radiologists who claim that sheilds can make it safe. So, we decided not to have the x-ray while pregnancy to be in the safe side instead of going into worrying about our baby. I think i will not forgive myself for anything bad may happen to the baby even if it is not caused by x-ray.

That is why I adviced Plove to do it early instead of going into the same difficult decision. I thought he want his application to be finished as soon as possible. but now i knew that he is not in rush.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by afathi82
After I read many articles about that it is considered safe to have x-ray while pregnancy, we went to do the x-ray in HSA in Canberra.
The doctor at the imaging center refused to do it. she told us she doesn't do it for pregnant women even in the second or third trimester of pregnancy. I sent here an enquiry about what to do, and i was adviced to do in somewhere else.
the radiologist reaction made us worry about that decision. we investigate more and asked different doctors. there is a controversy between gynecologists & radiologists who claim that sheilds can make it safe. So, we decided not to have the x-ray while pregnancy to be in the safe side instead of going into worrying about our baby. I think i will not forgive myself for anything bad may happen to the baby even if it is not caused by x-ray.

That is why I adviced Plove to do it early instead of going into the same difficult decision. I thought he want his application to be finished as soon as possible. but now i knew that he is not in rush.
Because you found different opinions from doctors and made your own decision does not make it medical fact. Many many radiologists and gynaecologists believe it is safe to do a chest x-ray so long as the foetus is protected.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

afathi82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Because you found different opinions from doctors and made your own decision does not make it medical fact. Many many radiologists and gynaecologists believe it is safe to do a chest x-ray so long as the foetus is protected.
I don't know why you are saying that I said it is a medical fact. I told you that the doctors have different opinions regarding this, and even in the immigration forms, we have to sign that we do it on our responsibility.

Polve was asking about how the preganacy may affect his application, and I think the x-ray is the only thing that is related to pregnancy.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Me too in the same boat. I applied on June(CSL), CO allocated Nov. Asked for meds/pcc, but that time wife was pregnant. So i sent only my meds and wife's except her chest x'ray. So she will be delivering her baby on end of the month and hoping to submit wife's chest x'ray and baby's docs. Untill then it is freeze.

So can anybody suggest will my case will be finalize soon once i submitted all my docs ? (It is a silly question, but.......)
Old May 18th 2010, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

fancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nice

.....exciting times ahead!!

You could have an x-ray while pregnant with protective leads but most hospitals and health institutes would have strict policies and guidlines in place against x-raying pregnant women.

Maybe go ahead and take a chance, get your x-ray without the rest of the medical before falling pregnant,,,,,it may still be in date by the time you're asked for it.

Otherwise have your medical when asked and put x-ray on hold until babs makes his/her arrival.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!