Dec App GSM 175 CSL/MODL New baby Delay ?

Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Plove will become famous soon enough
Default Dec App GSM 175 CSL/MODL New baby Delay ?

Good Evening All

Just a quick one, We put our GSM 175 MODL/CSL Visa application into
DIAC 9th Dec 2009.

I appreciate that mid 2010 things may change, my question is
If my wife becomes pregnant between now and Visa grant what are the ramifications ?

I see it as 2 possibilities based on the assumption she falls pregnant between now and June..

1. Visa app continues and subject to skill not being removed from SOL all goes ahead and Visa granted wiithin 12 months of app. Admin task of adding new baby to granted visa.

or

2. Visa app continues but inform DIAC of pregnancy, app frozen until baby born ? also possible visa not granted due to skill being removed from SOL ?

I read a post on here that stated DIAC said baby could be added after birth, app on hold until then, does that mean your back to the start of the que ? or CO just waits for your baby docs....

If anyone can clarify I would be grateful...

Kind Regards

Paul
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dec App GSM 175 CSL/MODL New baby Delay ?

Originally Posted by Plove
Good Evening All

Just a quick one, We put our GSM 175 MODL/CSL Visa application into
DIAC 9th Dec 2009.

I appreciate that mid 2010 things may change, my question is
If my wife becomes pregnant between now and Visa grant what are the ramifications ?

I see it as 2 possibilities based on the assumption she falls pregnant between now and June..

1. Visa app continues and subject to skill not being removed from SOL all goes ahead and Visa granted wiithin 12 months of app. Admin task of adding new baby to granted visa.

or

2. Visa app continues but inform DIAC of pregnancy, app frozen until baby born ? also possible visa not granted due to skill being removed from SOL ?

I read a post on here that stated DIAC said baby could be added after birth, app on hold until then, does that mean your back to the start of the que ? or CO just waits for your baby docs....

If anyone can clarify I would be grateful...

Kind Regards

Paul
Has your wife had her medical? Asking because I'm waiting on my spouse visa and asked my CO if my application could be paused as I'm now pregnant and was told no! That it could only be paused due to not being able to undertake medical. AND that I would still be expected to validate if and when my visa is granted. That only very exceptional circumstanes would allow an extension of the validation and pregnancy is not one of the reasons excepted!

Panic stations here wondering if and when visa will come and if me and bump could do the trip.

But if you need to add a baby to a visa that has yet to be issued, yup prety easy andno reaosn why it would send you to the back of the queue. Send a form (cant remember which) along with babs passport and photos etc
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Good Evening and congratulations on the bump
No meds yet, we submitted visa app on 9th Dec and was wondering what the situation would be if she fell pregnant in between now and either Visa Grant or mid year, I see most CSL visa were taking 5 months to CO allocation but guess was really trying to see what the delay would mean she fell pregnant in the next few weeks.

I am concerned we could wait till May get a CO and then have to wait to say Nov for Meds etc to progress and was worried if app was frozen waiting for baby to arrive for docs etc then we would then have to wait another 6 months... that`s based on my skills still on the list after the change...

Kind Regards
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

afathi82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Evening and congratulations on the bump
No meds yet, we submitted visa app on 9th Dec and was wondering what the situation would be if she fell pregnant in between now and either Visa Grant or mid year, I see most CSL visa were taking 5 months to CO allocation but guess was really trying to see what the delay would mean she fell pregnant in the next few weeks.

I am concerned we could wait till May get a CO and then have to wait to say Nov for Meds etc to progress and was worried if app was frozen waiting for baby to arrive for docs etc then we would then have to wait another 6 months... that`s based on my skills still on the list after the change...

Kind Regards
If I ware you, I would do the medical examination for her now. you don't have to wait for the case officer to request medical examination. 175 CSL should be finialised within one year from lodgment. I think it is better to do it now to put yourself in safe position. You don't have to do your medical also, Only her is enough for now.
There is another thing that i am not sure about, but i read on the HSA group that making x-ray test alone without the other medicals. If so, then x-ray is only $66. Since the x-ray is the only medical test that she couldn't do it if she is pregnant, so you can try to do it in advance. and gurantee that your application will not be affected by the pregnanacy.
good luck
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by afathi82
If I ware you, I would do the medical examination for her now. you don't have to wait for the case officer to request medical examination. 175 CSL should be finialised within one year from lodgment. I think it is better to do it now to put yourself in safe position. You don't have to do your medical also, Only her is enough for now.
There is another thing that i am not sure about, but i read on the HSA group that making x-ray test alone without the other medicals. If so, then x-ray is only $66. Since the x-ray is the only medical test that she couldn't do it if she is pregnant, so you can try to do it in advance. and gurantee that your application will not be affected by the pregnanacy.
good luck
If she does her medical now it will likely either expire before visa grant or shorten their validation period substantially.

And she can do an x-ray while pregnant. The foetus is protected by a lead shield for chest x-ray in pregnant women.

OP, if she's not even pregnant yet then I wouldn't worry about it. If she gets pregnant between now and when your visa is granted then you carry on. If your baby is born before the grant you simply add him/her to the application. If not, you either a) move to Australia and have the baby here, which makes it a citizen or b) have baby before moving but after visa grant and sponsor it for a child visa.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for your replies, wife has just read my post.. she said "few weeks" ! No pressure

Will wait and see if things happen, off to bed

Kind Regards

Paul
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Crikey Just checked our Visa status and have had "ABPF" added on the 11th Feb.
Most of the document checklist is showing "Met".

Really concerned that we are going to be requested Meds soon and if wife is not pregnant we could have initial entry date of something like March / April 2011.

If wife becomes pregnant next couple of weeks (I Know, it could happen) we will have 9 months of pregnancy (hopefully) say March - November, leaving potentially 3 months before we have to sell house and go...

Is it me or does that sound pretty scary...

There is no way to delay Meds ?? Do you have to get them done within the 28 days ? is there a way to delay entry date ?

Kind Regards

Paul
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey Just checked our Visa status and have had "ABPF" added on the 11th Feb.
Most of the document checklist is showing "Met".

Really concerned that we are going to be requested Meds soon and if wife is not pregnant we could have initial entry date of something like March / April 2011.

If wife becomes pregnant next couple of weeks (I Know, it could happen) we will have 9 months of pregnancy (hopefully) say March - November, leaving potentially 3 months before we have to sell house and go...

Is it me or does that sound pretty scary...

There is no way to delay Meds ?? Do you have to get them done within the 28 days ? is there a way to delay entry date ?

Kind Regards

Paul
And why can't you fly over in say May/June/July/August to validate the visa? Or better yet...Fly over in May/June/July/August and have the baby here?

Many thousands of women fly pregnant every day. I did it with both of my kids. Was 7 months along with DD when I last flew; 6 with DS.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Good Morning Dorothy

Initially the financial impact first, to fly the 4 of us over is between £2.5 and £3k. plus living costs whilst their.
If we were going one way it would be fine but that would mean selling the family home and being pregnant before we go...

What are the costs of having a child in australia ?
Then there is the issue of flyiing the long distance when pregnant, I admire your gumption but it is an added risk.

I like the sound of having it in Australia but feel it would be difficult with no family support this combined with just arriving and not having any paid leave from work this could be more stress on a already stressfull time.

Kind Regards

Paul
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Just to clarify

If we are requested Meds and my wife is pregnant can she refuse the x-ray and or inform the CO who will defer meds request till baby is born ?

I remember reading something along these lines recently.

Kind Regards
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:11 am
Still alive

Good Morning Dorothy

Initially the financial impact first, to fly the 4 of us over is between £2.5 and £3k. plus living costs whilst their.
If we were going one way it would be fine but that would mean selling the family home and being pregnant before we go...

What are the costs of having a child in australia ?
Then there is the issue of flyiing the long distance when pregnant, I admire your gumption but it is an added risk.

I like the sound of having it in Australia but feel it would be difficult with no family support this combined with just arriving and not having any paid leave from work this could be more stress on a already stressfull time.

Kind Regards

Paul
Then you run the risk of your visa expiring and you having to apply all over again. Getting an extension of the initial entry date is very difficult. It is generally only given for extenuating circumstances, such as serious illness or deaths. Not simply because you don't want to move just yet.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:16 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by afathi82
Since the x-ray is the only medical test that she couldn't do it if she is pregnant,
You have said that before and it has been explained to you that women CAN IN FACT have a chest x-ray while pregnant.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Ok so flip side, to have a baby in Australia instead of the UK...
Do you have to pay private ? or does Medicare cover this ?

Kind Regards
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:23 am
Still alive

Ok so flip side, to have a baby in Australia instead of the UK...
Do you have to pay private ? or does Medicare cover this ?

Kind Regards
If you have a baby in a public hospital Medicare covers the cost. From what I understand the public maternity care is excellent. At least it certainly is here in Perth.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Dorothy

Perth is out chosen destination, do they still do the baby bonus these days ?
I am assuming the hospitals are slightly improved on the UK then...

Kind Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.