DE FACTO VISA - PROOF OF LIVING TOGETHER

Old May 12th 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

zoomerang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DE FACTO VISA - PROOF OF LIVING TOGETHER

Hi All,

My other half and I have lived together since June 2007.
After living together for 3 months, my OH ended her other tenancy and began paying the mortage etc so on.

my question is, how can I prove we lived together for these 3 months?!?!
We have been together since summer 2006 and had joint car insurance, are on each other life insurance, been on a number of holidays etc but its the actually living together I am concerned about.

We are worried about applying and it getting rejected?!?!

Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:41 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DE FACTO VISA - PROOF OF LIVING TOGETHER

Bills in both or either name to the same address.

Mortgage payments/statement

invites

letters

bank statements

eveything you can get your hands on.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Do they reject applications if not enough evidence can be put together?
Old May 12th 2008, 2:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoomerang
Do they reject applications if not enough evidence can be put together?
They will come back and ask for more evidence
Old May 12th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

We are so keen to get going and our evidence of living together gets better a few months into when we shared our last property ( as we get joint bills, accounts etc). I really dont want to wait a further 2 months to apply, but dont want to lose the £700 quid it costs to apply!

We have had medicals, police checks, so we were hoping for things to move quite quickly?
Old May 12th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

feed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to allfeed_cantona is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They will come back and ask for more evidence
Damn right they will!

I sent my application away with a varied amount of evidence, rather than stacks of similar kind of stuff. Today got a seemingly generic email from my case worker to say i needed to supply more evidence.

I was quite suprised that they'd asked for more because i thought that i had hit the nail on the head. Replied to the email saying that i was shocked (thought that we'd got it right) and to ask for some direction so that i wouldn't waste their time and concentrate on that.

Half an hour later a call from my case worker and lets say, it was like being in the headmasters office again. Quite abrupt and asked me, "You say you are shocked, are you?!!", waiting for me to agree so she could let rip!

I explained that i thought the evidence we supplied was fine as we took our time and made sure that we had a good app. And i'd like to point out that in no point during the email did i say that they were wrong or implied it, i simply said i was shocked because from my perspective (not like i apply to immigrate every day is it?) that i was shocked/suprised, and asked for some direction.

On the phone, I had a run down of things that were insufficient. And the crux of the matter was that they had plenty of evidence for my parter (aussie) but hardly any from me. The point was made and it made sense but i felt quite hard done by in the manner in which the info was delivered. We are now gathering the evidence to send off.

Two things that have wound me up:

1) The way in which i was spoken to was quite unprofessional and i was talked to like a naughty boy, and i had to make the point clear that we thought we had supplied enough but with her direction we knew that we needed more - fine.

I wouldn't normally be spoken to in that way without voicing my opinion and telling her how badly i was treated, but considering she'll be the one giving me my visa or not i didn't want to risk a black mark on my file.

2) Whiy did i have such a generic email from the immigration? If i had not replied asking for diection, then i would have sent much more of the same thing which would've been pointless. I'd expect more for my application fee, and why phone me to verbally assault me when i could have taken as much direction from an email reply.

Thought i'd share this with you as i believe this is relevant for everyone to know, i'd be interested to know, anyone else been treated in this manner?

Cheers

[End of Rant]