De Facto Visa

Old Aug 5th 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

kc1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De Facto Visa

Hello,
I lived in Australia for 4 years on working holiday and study visas, I met my boyfriend who is an Australian citizen in 2008 and we were together for the whole time until I left in July last year due to visa expiring... I went back to see him for 2 months for Jan and Feb 2012 and then came back to UK. We want to be together, so looked into applying for De Facto visa but as we haven't lived together for 12 months can't apply. He can't come to UK as he has a business in Australia. Could I apply for a 12 month tourist visa and come over and live with him and he look after me during that time (as I will not be allowed to work) and then could we apply for a De Facto visa?

Many Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2012, 2:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De Facto Visa

Originally Posted by kc1979
Hello,
I lived in Australia for 4 years on working holiday and study visas, I met my boyfriend who is an Australian citizen in 2008 and we were together for the whole time until I left in July last year due to visa expiring... I went back to see him for 2 months for Jan and Feb 2012 and then came back to UK. We want to be together, so looked into applying for De Facto visa but as we haven't lived together for 12 months can't apply. He can't come to UK as he has a business in Australia. Could I apply for a 12 month tourist visa and come over and live with him and he look after me during that time (as I will not be allowed to work) and then could we apply for a De Facto visa?

Many Thanks
Yes, as long as the main aim of you visiting Aus is for a holiday, you can stay with him while you're here and get the 12 months that way.
Tricky bit will be that you need the 12 months before you can apply and so the tourist visa will expire before you can get the paperwork in. Do you have any evidence of living together when you were here before? You can add that to this time and just say in your relationship statement that the only reason there are gaps is due to visa issues
Old Aug 6th 2012, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: De Facto Visa

Thanks ! I stayed with him in jan and feb. I have flight ticket would a stat dec from his sister be enough evidence ? Or else if I left the country after the 12 months would I be able to apply for de factor off shore ?
Old Aug 6th 2012, 12:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ! I stayed with him in jan and feb. I have flight ticket would a stat dec from his sister be enough evidence ? Or else if I left the country after the 12 months would I be able to apply for de factor off shore ?
Yes, his sister can do a Stat dec to say you were living with him then, alternatively yes you can leave the country after the 12 months and apply offshore - if you do that you need to be offshore when its granted.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Many Thanks! I have applied for a 12 month visitor visa so fingers crossed!!!!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: De Facto Visa

hello. i heard from diac and they want three months worth of bank statements and proof of employement also my plans after the visa expires and a statement from my boyfriend saying he will support me. when they ask what our relationship is is it ok to put boyfrirnd 9? and what should i write for my plans when my visa expires ? thanks
Old Aug 8th 2012, 7:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

hello. i heard from diac and they want three months worth of bank statements and proof of employement also my plans after the visa expires and a statement from my boyfriend saying he will support me. when they ask what our relationship is is it ok to put boyfrirnd 9? and what should i write for my plans when my visa expires ? thanks
Yes put boyfriend. Put the truth, that you will return to the UK. That's all they need to know at this time. It shouldn't hurt to put that after you return home you will be applying for De Facto but you don't have to.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Ok thanks I will send through documents
Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Call me nosey if you want but are you planning on spending the rest of your life with this guy. If so it may be worth getting married and getting the 309 visa or planning to get married so you can apply for the 300 visa. At least then you'll be able to work as well.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hey - we spoke about that but don't want to get married at the moment.... thanks though