Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Changing carpenter papers over to ozzie ones

Changing carpenter papers over to ozzie ones

Old Aug 9th 2012, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of
Default Changing carpenter papers over to ozzie ones

The woman dealing with my state sponsership has told me I have to do this before I apply. Does anyone have any experience with this/ I have been told off a few people that this was not the case?? . Its cost me alot of time (applying to TRA only for them to tell me months later they dont do that now) then a further 6 weeks to get the refund for the postal order off australia post . It is now gonna cost me 650 to apply to victoria university and a further 1500 if they decide to give me a technical interview . This is before I even apply for my state sponsership
Old Aug 10th 2012, 6:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing carpenter papers over to ozzie ones

Hi Timerman,

You can apply to either Vetassess or Vic Uni for your skills assessment - you will need this before you lodge any EOI as well as applications for SS. The fees for both are similar, and its not if with the tech interview - if you pass paper based, everyone has tech interview so factor that cost in.

If you choose the vetassess route there is a practical but you can do it in the uk.

Good Luck
Old Aug 11th 2012, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Timerman,

You can apply to either Vetassess or Vic Uni for your skills assessment - you will need this before you lodge any EOI as well as applications for SS. The fees for both are similar, and its not if with the tech interview - if you pass paper based, everyone has tech interview so factor that cost in.

If you choose the vetassess route there is a practical but you can do it in the uk.

Good Luck
Thanks mate. have u done a tech interview?? I was told I prob wouldn't need one
Old Aug 11th 2012, 5:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timmerman
Thanks mate. have u done a tech interview?? I was told I prob wouldn't need one
hi Timmerman,

Yeah I've done one but I'm a spark. Even so I think everyone does one if going with Vic uni. If go vetassess its a practical I think.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Tbh I would prefer the practical as none of the auzzies can understand my accent haha
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:27 pm

Hi Timmerman,

Just had a quick read on the vetassess site, and it might be only licensed trades that do the practical. google vic uni and vetassess and you should get the info you're after.