De Facto and A Baby: help!

Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:29 am
Just Joined

LouiseL76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De Facto and A Baby: help!

Right, here goes, here's my story. Can any of help out? I hope so!
Jan 2009: was made redundant from job in London with a fat payout so packed it all in, packed up the house, got a tourist visa for 12 months and came out to Oz to travel and get away for a while.

March 4th (to be precise!): meet a man. An Ozzie man.
April 4th: already fallen madly in love with said Ozzie man.

Alert: This was not part of the plan!!!

May 9th: we move in together. New pad and the lease is in both of our names.

Meantime, I'm not travelling so much now. More writing and generating drafts for a book I'm working on.

August 2009: we open up a bank account together as we're wanting to apply for a de facto sponsorship in order to allow me to stay in Australia.

September 2009: I'm pregnant! Not part of the plan but both very happy.

Does anyone know if a de facto visa application can be made after just 6 months together (rather than the specified 12 that I read about on the Aus govt. website)? Or am I going to have to go back to the UK alone to have the baby once my tourist visa has expired?

Would appreciate it if anyone knew anything!!

Thanks.
Louise x
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:56 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: De Facto and A Baby: help!

The best advice is to sit down with a registered migration agent in your capital city and work out a strategy to deal with this situation.

My mother would have told you to get married for the sake of the baby.

If you are on a Working Holiday Visa that would be good migration advice too as a Spouse Visa could then be applied for.

If, however, you are on a 676 with an 8503 condition on it then you very much need professional advice.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:35 am
Just Joined

LouiseL76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Les,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm very impressed!
My 676 Visa has the following restrictions:
8101, 8201 and and 8205. Not the one you mentioned though - which one is that?
I know we really do need to see a migration agent; my question was really just a pondering one...whether it's been known to have a defacto application sped up due to there being a baby on the way.
There are a ton of emmigration agents here in Sydney - any in particular that you really recommend?
L
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseL76
Hi Les,

There are a ton of emmigration agents here in Sydney - any in particular that you really recommend?
L
Les is an agent - he's been helpful - why not try him?

Your agent doesn't have to be in the same place as you are.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:42 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseL76
Hi Les,

My 676 Visa has the following restrictions:
8101, 8201 and and 8205. Not the one you mentioned though - which one is that?
I know we really do need to see a migration agent; my question was really just a pondering one...whether it's been known to have a defacto application sped up due to there being a baby on the way.
L
George lombard in Sydney