De facto advice

Old May 11th 2008, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

manwolf will become famous soon enough
Default De facto advice

Hi guys,

new to the site and wondered if anyone can help... I have had a look through various other threads but not seen anything relevant so far.

My partner and I have been together for 2.5 years in a loving "de facto" relationship, however we live in a shared house and don't have a lot of proven financial records between us.

We do have a lot of family statements, photo's, proof of travel together, phone records etc

Has anyone got any advice on how easy a de facto visa for australia is to get (and what to do) in situations like this?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by manwolf; May 11th 2008 at 10:19 pm.
Old May 12th 2008, 12:02 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De facto advice

You should still be alright - quite a lot of people, even married couples, still operate their finances separately. Just make sure you have plenty of good statements from people confirming that you have been living together for that period of time and send whatever other evidence you have showing that you have been together, photos, travel docs, etc..... Make sure that you both put in your statements about the living arrangements and the reasons why you don't have much by way of joint financial documents and explain briefly how you split the day to day expenses of life - e.g. who pays rent/electricity/phone/petrol/food. I'm sure you have more evidence than you think, so try not to worry - although thats easier said than done!

Good luck with it all
Old May 12th 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

greentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the rough

Try to get as many documents as possible in both your names. eg phonebill, electricity, rental agreement etc. and you should be allright. Memberships in the same clubs show proof as well.
Old May 12th 2008, 3:55 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

We applied as de facto (although were actually married by the time we left the UK) - you may have already seen this but this link takes you to the page where they specify the categories you have to get evidence for

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...lationship.htm

We managed to find something to fit each category despite the fact OH had moved in to my house and we'd just never got round to putting his name on the bills. We had each other named on our car insurance policies for one and the council sent me a letter confirming the date we'd told them he moved in for council tax purposes both of which are clear evidence of an ongoing and committed relationship.

We also got statutory declaration forms off the Immi website too and had two 'respectable' friends complete them, plus sent photos of us at social functions etc.

As SillyOldBag said, you'll find you have more than you think after

Good luck with the application.