British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Current processing times (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/current-processing-times-537581/)

tiger222 Sep 27th 2008 1:30 pm

Re: Current processing times

Originally Posted by Fly Away (Post 6824505)
Oh Tiger, I just read the thread. Glad I was in a good mood as I am a Jan applicant who had waited a hell of a lot longer than him. Lots of people who applied in 2007 are still waiting. Does he not realise this????:unsure:

Not only that, but he had a CO for 16 DAYS at the time of writing his "complaint"!! AND he states he's "happy" for others who receive their VISAS/get COS....I find that DIFFICULT to believe.

I think it really hit me since I've been looking for a CO and for the MEDS to clear this week.

It's like the person at the light in front of you, they're on their cell phone complaining that they aren't going to get where they want to be (and you can hear them through the window). Meanwhile the light is GREEN and they are the ones holding up traffic!

Wez and Chris Sep 27th 2008 5:14 pm

Good analogy Tiger:thumbup:

If you got an ETA would that mean if you got your PR visa that you would have to exit the country to get you PR visa validated?? sorry if i picked this up wrong I presume an eta is the tourist vias :confused::confused:

It would be great if everything could just fall into place:D

tiger222 Sep 27th 2008 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris (Post 6825417)
Good analogy Tiger:thumbup:

If you got an ETA would that mean if you got your PR visa that you would have to exit the country to get you PR visa validated?? sorry if i picked this up wrong I presume an eta is the tourist vias :confused::confused:

It would be great if everything could just fall into place:D

Yes, the ETA is the tourist visa - and we would have to leave the country to get the PR granted.

It would be great if it could happen in the next 3-4 weeks. :thumbup:

jollyswagman Sep 29th 2008 7:50 pm

Hi, we too are desperate to go, we have applied for a 175 skilled in July and don't expect that we will hear until next year, is it possible to go over in say February and let diac know we are there on eta and do they let you know to leave the country while they issue the visa??
Sounds like a great idea!!

maroonedNZ Sep 29th 2008 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by jollyswagman (Post 6831001)
Hi, we too are desperate to go, we have applied for a 175 skilled in July and don't expect that we will hear until next year, is it possible to go over in say February and let diac know we are there on eta and do they let you know to leave the country while they issue the visa??
Sounds like a great idea!!

Yeah they let you know so you can leave. Although I think the ETA is for 3 months so you might have to pop in and out more than once anyway - I reckon it's worth it. Better to be in limbo here! :thumbup:

pearldiver Sep 29th 2008 11:18 pm

Any update on the latest ASPC Processing timelines :confused:

effortsneverfail Oct 13th 2008 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bibo (Post 6870074)
woo hoooo :thumbsup::thumbsup:, Congratulations

for 175 Visa applicant, is it we need to re-submit our employee reference again at the of visa application or only photo copies will neough

maroonedNZ Oct 13th 2008 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by effortsneverfail (Post 6871169)
for 175 Visa applicant, is it we need to re-submit our employee reference again at the of visa application or only photo copies will neough

Certified copies of everything go with your application. Use the DIAC checklist to be confident you are on track.

Pollyana Oct 14th 2008 2:36 am

Thread continues HERE to keep it easily readable.