Current processing times

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Current processing times

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Fair enough, hope you hear some good news soon

Are you applying from a high risk country, as I know this can make the process a lot longer?

Sam
Yes from a 'high-risk' country unfortunately, although there is really nothing high risk about me...

Was told by agent to be patient, as they are now processing June 5 applicants.

But there are applicants from my country who have been allocated CO in early May!!! I don't think it has entirely got to do with being from a 'high-risk' country...

Last edited by sailechz; Jun 3rd 2008 at 5:07 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

rickinbrisbane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current processing times

Good luck to you - I personally think it's a bit disgusting that they discriminate based on where you're from - if you've got all the skills they need (and that's what the point test is for), and pass all medicals etc, like
everyone else, then that's all that should count.

I've got no problem with them doing the visas in 'first in first out' order, I just WISH they'd tell us what's going on - why did they START processing applications from October/November, so everyone started selling houses,
leaving jobs etc, then just STOP with no explanation of how long it's on hold?

They know how big the backlog is, they could easily tell us "We won't be processing November apps for another X weeks while we clear the August ones", then we could all plan our lives a bit better.

Unfortunately, it seems the guys on the phone only have the information in the email, so we're better informed than them! Here's how the conversation went last time:

Me: "So you haven't processed any November visas in 8 weeks, do you know when you'll start again?"

DIAC helpline guy: "No, sorry."

Me: "But if you're not processing any, it could take years, couldn't it?"

DIAC helpline guy: "Yeah, I suppose so."

Well, thanks.

So, DIAC, PLEASE just tell us what's going on!!! :curse:
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Just a thought - my Meds and PC's are nearing their expiration date. What happens if the visa is granted so close to that date that we cannot get across to validate in time/
Does anyone know if that has happened before?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Just a thought - my Meds and PC's are nearing their expiration date. What happens if the visa is granted so close to that date that we cannot get across to validate in time/
Does anyone know if that has happened before?
Anna,

I have a vague recollection of reading a post not so long ago about someone who's PCC (I think it was that) was about to expire. The CO advised them to get a new one before the visa was granted - that way they would have a longer validation period.

We're starting to think we should have waited for our meds and pccs - had them done in January and now wondering if we'll be away before then

Colin x
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Anna,

I have a vague recollection of reading a post not so long ago about someone who's PCC (I think it was that) was about to expire. The CO advised them to get a new one before the visa was granted - that way they would have a longer validation period.

We're starting to think we should have waited for our meds and pccs - had them done in January and now wondering if we'll be away before then

Colin x
That's interesting - I thought you weren't allowed to get new meds etc. (unsure where I picked that up from)
It's also a relief coz we didn't want to do an expensive validation trip yet. With two teenagers classed as adults it would be a far cheaper option to get meds and pc's redone.
When I get concrete ifo I will post on here.
Thanks Colin.
x
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

That's interesting - I thought you weren't allowed to get new meds etc. (unsure where I picked that up from)
It's also a relief coz we didn't want to do an expensive validation trip yet. With two teenagers classed as adults it would be a far cheaper option to get meds and pc's redone.
Thanks Colin.
x
Don't take my word for it - I could be (and probably am) wrong??? Hope not though.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Don't take my word for it - I could be (and probably am) wrong??? Hope not though.
Thanks Colin. Don't worry, I didn't expect you to be the oracle
I will email DIAC and Agent and keep everyone informed.
x
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Colin.
x
You can certainly redo meds and police checks, but make sure you advise your co what you are doing - once the visa is issued the date on it can't be changed.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can certainly redo meds and police checks, but make sure you advise your co what you are doing - once the visa is issued the date on it can't be changed.
Thankyou Pollyana.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

if it makes any of you feel any better in australia on a whv and was expecting my 175 skilled to come through before this visa expired. Thats not going to happen now thanks to the backlogue so i got myself sponsorship to carry me through. Not heard from them for a while so made a call today and it turns out my application isnt even on their system even though i have receipts for payment application numbers have done meds etc. Every time i try to do anything to stay legal they f*** it up! what the bloody hell is up with these loons? The business office also gave me information that turned out to be incorrect which almost caused me to break one of my visa conditions. I'm going down there tomorrow, just hope i can keep my cool cos i'm furious right now:curse:
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
if it makes any of you feel any better in australia on a whv and was expecting my 175 skilled to come through before this visa expired. Thats not going to happen now thanks to the backlogue so i got myself sponsorship to carry me through. Not heard from them for a while so made a call today and it turns out my application isnt even on their system even though i have receipts for payment application numbers have done meds etc. Every time i try to do anything to stay legal they f*** it up! what the bloody hell is up with these loons? The business office also gave me information that turned out to be incorrect which almost caused me to break one of my visa conditions. I'm going down there tomorrow, just hope i can keep my cool cos i'm furious right now:curse:
Oh my word! You could be an illegal immigrant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

rickinbrisbane is an unknown quantity at this point

This week's processing time email has arrived. I don't know why I bother looking at it anymore - I'm close to running out of time before I have to give up on the whole skilled migration idea, and it looks like there's definitely no way they're going to process mine in time.

I'll try phoning the DIAC helpline again tomorrow, if only to hear the waiting message about "DIAC enriches Australia through well-planned migration" - I could do with a laugh!

Here's the email, for what it's worth. Which is very little.
================================================== =====
PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 10 June 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated
to case officers for further processing.

Applications Lodged Before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas
Subclass 880: 23 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)
Subclass 881: 30 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)
Subclass 882: 30 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas
Subclass 495: All applications: all applications are now allocated to case
officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas
Subclass 861, 862 and 863: all applications are now allocated to case
officers

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,
BR, UX and UZ visas
Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 5 June 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications
Subclass 495: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE, VF,VB and Class VC subclass 487
Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, and 487
E-lodged: 10 November 2007
Paper lodged: 19 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only
E-lodged: 9 November 2007
Paper lodged: 19 September 2007
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief - it hasn't moved AGAIN:curse::curse:
At this rate I will be homeless, schoolless and husbandless- OH has to start job in sept and I have given up all Katy's scholarships and clubs from the end of term.
What is the matter with the visa guys???
Caroline
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Huni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the roughHuni is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Good grief - it hasn't moved AGAIN:curse::curse:
At this rate I will be homeless, schoolless and husbandless- OH has to start job in sept and I have given up all Katy's scholarships and clubs from the end of term.
What is the matter with the visa guys???
Caroline
My husband starts work on the 30th JUne.. he flies out on the 22nd June.. while me and the kids are waiting for the 176.. I feel we will be waiting a loonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time!.. His work visa came through in 1 week!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

I think things are moving but they cant be bothered to change the date, i know there are some who put theirs in 26th nov and have their visa(that is on line though) not sure about us paper based

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.