Current Processing Times

Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Saint Hornet will become famous soon enoughSaint Hornet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Current Processing Times

Hi,

Having been watching the processing times (and apologies if this has already been discussed) but it seems that NOBODY has had payment taken/application receipted since the 1st Sept when the new online apps started.

Receipting apps sent early July took 5 weeks and those sent end of july are now at 10 weeks. That is not slowing down reciepting due to getting lots of applications......its stopping......and on the 1st Sept....

Date..................3rd Sep 10th Sept 18th Sept 24th Sept 2nd Oct 9th Oct

Offshore Receipts 18th Jul 23rd July 23rd July 23rd Jul 23rd Jul 23rd July
...............Acking 7th Jun 12th Jun 14th Jun 19th Jun 27th Jun 28th June

Priority Apps........ 8th Nov 15th Nov 22nd Nov 1st Dec 8th Dec 15th Dec
Non-Priority Apps... 1st Nov 8th Nov 15th Nov 24th Nov 1st Dec 8th Dec
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:47 pm
Are we there yet ?

uk 4 oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,
i too am in what appears to be an ever lengthening cue for visa acknowledgments, my visa application was received in early August and as yet no money taken out off the account, however for those who applied after 1st sept some seem to be flying through.... go figure??

I contacted the ASPC on tuesday 9th sept 09:00 hrs (adelaide time) and after being on hold for a period of time (10 - 15 mins) i eventually got to speak to somebody and I was informed that at present the turn around time is approximately 12 weeks from them receiving your application to acknowledging receipt of said application and taking your hard earned cash. I did ask how long will things take after this to get allocated a case officer etc.. etc.. but she just reeled of the quote from the most recent ASPC automated e-mail.

anyway good luck y'all i thing for the majority it will be an ever increasing wait:........
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

iddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saint Hornet
Hi,

Having been watching the processing times (and apologies if this has already been discussed) but it seems that NOBODY has had payment taken/application receipted since the 1st Sept when the new online apps started.

Receipting apps sent early July took 5 weeks and those sent end of july are now at 10 weeks. That is not slowing down reciepting due to getting lots of applications......its stopping......and on the 1st Sept....

Date..................3rd Sep 10th Sept 18th Sept 24th Sept 2nd Oct 9th Oct

Offshore Receipts 18th Jul 23rd July 23rd July 23rd Jul 23rd Jul 23rd July
...............Acking 7th Jun 12th Jun 14th Jun 19th Jun 27th Jun 28th June

Priority Apps........ 8th Nov 15th Nov 22nd Nov 1st Dec 8th Dec 15th Dec
Non-Priority Apps... 1st Nov 8th Nov 15th Nov 24th Nov 1st Dec 8th Dec

I've certainly noticed. According to my couriers tracking system my application was delivered on ....23rd July. I have heard nothing yet!!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:15 am
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

Is anyone here front loading their medicals and police checks despite what seems a halt to the processing of visa applications? Has anyone had to redo their medicals etc, due to the year limit expiring?

Scott
Old Oct 15th 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Please be patient because as we all know, the ASPC received many applications in August before the Sept. changes kicked in. It's administratively difficult for them to deal with this sudden surge of applications so you have to wait for your turn. This is just the beginning, because the suceeding stages are much much longer than the time you have to wait for acknowledgment. If it's not easy waiting for the acknowledgment, you will realise it's virtual torture just waiting for a case officer. Just send blank email to [email protected] every Tuesday for processing updates. Don't worry, as long as your documents and credentials are okay it will be all right. Keep yourself preoccupied in the meantime so that when you receive your acknowledgment, you'll smile (compared to frowning every day while thinking about it).

All the best!

Last edited by sailechz; Oct 15th 2007 at 4:51 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

saliss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sailechz
Please be patient because as we all know, the ASPC received many applications in August before the Sept. changes kicked in. It's administratively difficult for them to deal with this sudden surge of applications so you have to wait for your turn. This is just the beginning, because the suceeding stages are much much longer than the time you have to wait for acknowledgment. If it's not easy waiting for the acknowledgment, you will realise it's virtual torture just waiting for a case officer. Just send blank email to [email protected] every Tuesday for processing updates. Don't worry, as long as your documents and credentials are okay it will be all right. Keep yourself preoccupied in the meantime so that when you receive your acknowledgment, you'll smile (compared to frowning every day while thinking about it).

All the best!
Hi all sorry to write on this thread about my issue
I'm a February appliant and i've done my medical check in sydney during a holiday in Mars (i dont have a CO only a file number)

I prepared my PCC in Augyst 2006 means that they are already expired is that means that my application will or its already on hold??
Please help
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by saliss
Hi all sorry to write on this thread about my issue
I'm a February appliant and i've done my medical check in sydney during a holiday in Mars (i dont have a CO only a file number)

I prepared my PCC in Augyst 2006 means that they are already expired is that means that my application will or its already on hold??
Please help
Based on the processing information as of 9 Oct, CO allocation is for applications lodged 15 Dec 2006 or earlier (offshore, priority applications). At the current pace it appears you will be allocated a CO in the next 2 months. Yes it seems you will have to get another PCC.

It is a good idea to undergo medicals and obtain PCCs closer to the date of your expected CO allocation. This is to allow flexibility when the time comes that the CO approves your application, as you will have a longer period of time within which you could move to AU. Of course it's also more cost-effective as you will not have to repeat procedures.

Generally PCCs and medicals have validity of 12 months, and this is worth remembering. Usually, the date on which you should make a move to AU is the expiry of your medicals or your PCCs, whichever is earlier.

Last edited by sailechz; Oct 15th 2007 at 8:11 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

saliss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sailechz
Based on the processing information as of 9 Oct, CO allocation is for applications lodged 15 Dec 2006 or earlier (offshore, priority applications). At the current pace it appears you will be allocated a CO in the next 2 months. Yes it seems you will have to get another PCC.

It is a good idea to undergo medicals and obtain PCCs closer to the date of your expected CO allocation. This is to allow flexibility when the time comes that the CO approves your application, as you will have a longer period of time within which you could move to AU. Of course it's also more cost-effective as you will not have to repeat procedures.

Generally PCCs and medicals have validity of 12 months, and this is worth remembering. Usually, the date on which you should make a move to AU is the expiry of your medicals or your PCCs, whichever is earlier.
Thanx for your reply
what you recommand is to get the PCC and to send them

But how and to who knowing that i dont have till now a CO

do you think i wait till i have one and send them straght away???
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Boertjie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the discussion

Dear all, first off, sorry for high jacking/intervening the thread.
Why sorry? Two reasons - First, I'm from South Africa, yep, on my merry way to Oz. Secondly, I should have actually joined the South African forum, but for some reason found you guy's discussions more intriguing. If that bothers anyone, please tell me to bugger off:curse:. Otherwise, please share some of your Karam with me - I have loads to dish out!
Just to let you know that visa processing times are also monitored as finely in SA as in the UK, actually to the point of lunacy (please don't be offended - but it fascinates me to see that immigration has this effect on people - me included).

My processing details:
Visa: 175 MODL
Submitted: 9 Sept 2007 (Online), same day ack and receipt received (all online).
Uploaded all docs (except meds): 13 Sept 2007.
Received med instruct (only via status page): 14 Sept 2007
Under went meds: 18 Sept 2007
Meds finalized: 4 Oct 2007.

All of this happened without me receiving any emails from DIMA. Also no CO assigned, I only responded to the subliminal messages on my online status page. The next big question however, is: How long now until the visa is granted? Any idea?

Next big question: Why do you guys want to leave the UK? I can understand why South Africans want to leave SA.

Also, I was shocked to see the amount you guys paid for meds in the UK, round about 1000 pounds! I almost fell off my chair. Over here, I had to cough up R2800 for myself, wify and 2 kids (ages 4 and 6).

Anyway, the only thing I can now do, is sit and wait (something with which I’m exceptionally bad).

Cheers
Boertjie.

P.S. Good luck to you this coming Saturday in France. I’m sure it’s going to be a riveting final.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saliss
Thanx for your reply
what you recommand is to get the PCC and to send them

But how and to who knowing that i dont have till now a CO

do you think i wait till i have one and send them straght away???
There should be instructions on how to frontload your PCCs/meds in your acknowledgment letter.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

This weeks update with additional information relevant to July/Aug applicants...

The Department put into operation major reforms to the General Skilled Migration (GSM) programme with effect from 1 September 2007. Prior to the introduction of these changes there was a significant increase in the volume of applications received by the department.

The surge in applications has resulted in delays in getting all of these applications receipted and acknowledged. While every effort is being made to receipt these applications as quickly as possible it may take up to 12 weeks before a full acknowledgement is made.

COMMUNICATING WITH THIS OFFICE

Information on making telephone or email enquiries to the ASPC is located at http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

This system has been established to provide consistent and efficient responses to email enquiries and you are requested not to send enquiries to individual departmental officers regarding an application unless specifically requested to do so.

Please note that the departmental officers who email out the acknowledgement letters are not able to respond to enquiries sent to their individual email addresses.

RECEIPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF APPLICATIONS

The ASPC has changed the method of receipting and acknowledging applications to improve the service provided to clients.

Once an application has been receipted it will undergo validity checking.
An acknowledgement letter with a client reference number and receipt will be sent following lodgement if the application is valid and at this stage you will be also be advised of your file number. As advised above, currently this may take up to 12 weeks from receipt of the application.

The Admin team is sending evidence of receipt of payment ahead of the acknowledgement process where e-mail communication has been authorised.
Applicants or their authorised representatives will receive acknowledgement that the department has received their documents and receipted the relevant visa application charge.

If an application is determined to be invalid documents will be returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged.

As of 16 October 2007 the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as
follows:

All onshore applications: Processing applications received on 15 October 2007.

Offshore Applications received on or after 1 September 2007: Processing applications received on 15 October 2007

Offshore applications lodged before 1 September 2007*: Receipting applications received on 25 July 2007 and acknowledging applications received on 3 July 2007.

* For these applications please note: Applicants and representatives who have not authorised e-mail communication will not receive separate advice that the ASPC has received and receipted an application and will receive the standard acknowledgement letter and receipt details in due course.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted immediately.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION

For the week of 16 October 2007: Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Student/Graduate applications – Class DD and DE visas

Paper based applications: 23 April 2007 (subclass 880), 7 March 2007 (subclass 881) and 7 March 2007 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 28 June 2007 (subclass 880) and 19 July 2007 (subclass 881) and 19 July 2007 (subclass 882)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas

Paper based applications: 31 July 2007
eSIR (on-line) applications: 13 March 2007

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas

All applications: 13 August 2007

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas (Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496):
22 December 2006

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications: 7 April 2007

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF, VB and VC visas (subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)
E-lodged (on-line) applications: 15 September 2007
Paper based applications: allocations yet to commence
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

blaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant future

Hello there,we are hoping to get to Aberfoyle park,Adelaide on a 147 sponsored skills migration.We were told first that it would only take 7 months in June now our migration agent stated that we might be waiting a further 5-7 months is this about right as we still havent had Medicals ,Police checks etc
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

platapus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes.We should have had our visa by now.We submitted our meds 8/08/07 & still heard nothing.We are now being told could take up to another 6 months.Not sure about your visa though,they all seem to be different.

The medicals seem to be the hold up.

I might be wrong....but in my experience & reading posts on here..they seem to be taking a lot longer now.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:34 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Just for information, just phoned about for information about medical examination prices in Edinburgh UK and the cheapest options:

X-Ray £77 and Bupa Murrayfield and they hand deliever the X-ray to Corstorphine Medical Centre for you.

Corstorphine Medical Centre:
Medical £105
Extra Blood Tests £25 each

So for me the total cost would be £257, not too bad really! I require Hiv, HepB Antigen and HepC antibody.

Does anyone know if you still need HepB done if you can produce lab blood results due to achieveing immunity for nursing? I know I am 1000Ag and you only require 100Ag for life long immunity.

Scott.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:37 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Originally Posted by platapus
Yes.We should have had our visa by now.We submitted our meds 8/08/07 & still heard nothing.We are now being told could take up to another 6 months.Not sure about your visa though,they all seem to be different.

The medicals seem to be the hold up.

I might be wrong....but in my experience & reading posts on here..they seem to be taking a lot longer now.
Have you done your medical? Did you front load your medicals? I applied for my 175 on the 16-9-07, still no case officer. Do you think I should get my medicals done soon? Maybe Nov?

Scott.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.