Criminal Records??

Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:04 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal Records??

Originally Posted by brissybound
Wheres the Colebecks spreadsheet mate?

I tried to book my xray before I sent the visa away but when I phoned the hospital in Glasgow they said I was to send the visa form away first and then they would write back requesting that I go for my x-ray??

Confused.

Cheers

Jamie
here you go!
http://www.freewebs.com/marchapplicants/
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:05 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

makes you realise just what Mersey Rail are doing by criminalising putting your feet on a train seat!!!

Sorry to hiJack, but I've been incensed by it all week!

Ali x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Hi all I have recieved my police check back today and I'm not sure it's the right thing. It's nothing more than a letter from the police saying there is no information held about me in the presonal record category on the police national computer. Don't know what I was expecting but thought it would be a bit more formal. Also, do the police checks have to be certified or can I just send the original. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

That is the right thing!!!!

Well done..one step closer to Aus!!!!

regards

Andy
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

firstly to the last poster, we had to send in original to our agent, so i think if you dont have an agent you can just scan this to them...someone ese may be able to comment better if they havent used an agent ?

and my hubby had convictions past ten years ago and he so thought he wouldnt have to declare them as it was whilst a minor and past ten years , then we got a bad reaction from our agent saying we should have declared them in which she would have advised us to do so , but he hadnt on his visa application , because then she would and could have advised us to,and we were then told because of this we had to get a statuary declarationand three extra charactor references ( sorry about the spelling had a drink )done and explain why he hadnt declared them in the first place, wish we had really ,thought we had messed it up for us, as we were told not to tell them was worse than them actually knowing , we actually have been told since if you were a minor and past ten years then as long as you explain each offence and believe me, he had some for what he is now ashamed of and wouldnt even think of doing, but must also add NOT anything with harming another person, just a case of he has now grown up , then you should be alright, but again i must add this is personally down to each individuals offences, the moto here is :declare them even if you think they either may not show up or think time has elapsed and they may not show up , they just might ?? but if you havent declared them get advise from a solicitor, ours even gave us free advice on what to explain, at no extra cost.

we might also add we now have our visa , and are sure glad it worked out well for us, dont think it's ever too late to be honest x

hope this helps ,

kels x
Old Sep 9th 2007, 1:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
firstly to the last poster, we had to send in original to our agent, so i think if you dont have an agent you can just scan this to them...someone ese may be able to comment better if they havent used an agent ?

and my hubby had convictions past ten years ago and he so thought he wouldnt have to declare them as it was whilst a minor and past ten years , then we got a bad reaction from our agent saying we should have declared them in which she would have advised us to do so , but he hadnt on his visa application , because then she would and could have advised us to,and we were then told because of this we had to get a statuary declarationand three extra charactor references ( sorry about the spelling had a drink )done and explain why he hadnt declared them in the first place, wish we had really ,thought we had messed it up for us, as we were told not to tell them was worse than them actually knowing , we actually have been told since if you were a minor and past ten years then as long as you explain each offence and believe me, he had some for what he is now ashamed of and wouldnt even think of doing, but must also add NOT anything with harming another person, just a case of he has now grown up , then you should be alright, but again i must add this is personally down to each individuals offences, the moto here is :declare them even if you think they either may not show up or think time has elapsed and they may not show up , they just might ?? but if you havent declared them get advise from a solicitor, ours even gave us free advice on what to explain, at no extra cost.

we might also add we now have our visa , and are sure glad it worked out well for us, dont think it's ever too late to be honest x

hope this helps ,

kels x
Yes, if you are using an agent, send the original to the agent for them to scan and send to your case officer. If you are doing it yourself then you scan and send the scanned document to the email address provided on your request letter.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for you advise. Glad I've got the right thing will get it scanned and sent off on Monday.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:35 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Post Re: Criminal Records??

Originally Posted by Dusta
Thank you all for you advise. Glad I've got the right thing will get it scanned and sent off on Monday.
When you scan them, the image/copy will contain the word "FRAUD" across it. It's pretty cool how they got that working. Anyway don't worry about it. Just sent them as usual. I scanned them to .jpg format Got the visa the next day.:-)

Good luck
Old Sep 9th 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

O.K thanks for that I would have panicked if I hadn't of known. Congrats on your visa good luck in your new life down under.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by John50
Don`t worry about it this will not hinder your application.At the very worst they might ask you for a character reference.i got one from the office manager at my last uk job and she just wrote that she had known me for 4 years and i was honest and trustworthy.
thanks very much, it has put my mind at rest, it would be terrible for this to stop my husbands dream.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
thanks very much, it has put my mind at rest, it would be terrible for this to stop my husbands dream.
He will be fine.

Even if you have served 18 months in prison they will still give your application serious consideration.

I have sent away for my disclosure. Decided it was best to send it right away instead of waiting on them to ask for it.

Honesty is always the best policy when it comes to this sort of thing.

I have about 4 or 5 convictions with one being for assault which worries me a little.

The last conviction was in 1992 so they are all "spent" and of course I am a reformed character although I was more of a silly boy as opposed to a bad boy.

Good luck anyway.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can you tell me where you all moving to in oz,you sound like a right bunch of crims and i want to as far away from you lot as poss
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Brissiebound, you are right about honesty being best policy, my check came last week and was clear, but my partner had a spent conviction(1991) which we was advised to declare. If it didn't show then you've been honest but if you don't declare and it does show then you have lied which doesn't put you in good stead for being an honest Ozzie citizen. It has come today and it is there in black and white! Am more annoyed that they have put his wrong middle name on the document so am going to have to send it back to he police to be changed, something else to have to wait for!!!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:07 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Can you tell me where you all moving to in oz,you sound like a right bunch of crims and i want to as far away from you lot as poss
We're all moving next door to you.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

clenk is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, my husband had a conviction on his record from 24 years ago, we had to get charector references for him, even though he was only 16 at the time, but also when we have been to oz he never ticked the conviction box on the inbound flight cards and he had to write a statutory declaration as to why he hadnt ticked yes for convictions on 4 occasions as the dima had also got these aswell.He has passed the charector test and we are now waiting for our visas im glad to say!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.