Criminal Records??

Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Criminal Records??

I have some "spent" convictions from when I was a teenager.

I think it is 3 in all, 2 for breach of the peace and 1 for an assault.

They last charge was in 1992, so it shows you how long ago these were.

I have declared them in my application form, does anyone know if this could affect my application?

I am applying as a spouse of a New Zealand citizen.

Surely Oz immigration will realsie that these convictions are trivial and happened nearly 20 years ago?

Regards

Jamie
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Criminal Records??

You may be asked to supply character references and write a statement about the circumstances surounding the offences and explain how you have reformed since the offences.
That`s what i had to do and my offences were 28 years ago.....
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

emmie.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Criminal Records??

Hi all i am new to all this and just at the start of the visa process, i have been reading about the criminal record thread and wanted to ask a question as my partner did something when he was 14 years old and now he is 38 and never been in trouble since. He keeps telling me that the records with the police are only kept for 10 years is this true and if its not on the police checks when we apply for them how will they find out about something as far back as 24 years ago ? and also should i try to convince him to just tell them? might take a lot of convincing!
many thanks for listening, question going around in my head morning, noon and night we'll get there in the end thanks emmie.

Last edited by emmie.c; Aug 13th 2007 at 2:40 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emmie.c
Hi all i am new to all this and just at the start of the visa process, i have been reading about the criminal record thread and wanted to ask a question as my partner did something when he was 18 years old and now he is 38 and never been in trouble since. He keeps telling me that the records with the police are only kept for 10 years is this true and if its not on the police checks when we apply for them how will they find out about something as far back as 20 years ago ? and also should i try to convince him to just tell them? might take a lot of convincing!
many thanks for listening, question going around in my head morning, noon and night we'll get there in the end thanks emmie.
I would tell them. If you don't declare it and they find out (on the police check for example) it could invalidate your visa. There have been a few threads on this subject, so worth reading a few.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:44 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

You will be fine,

Just make sure you provide all the paper work they ask for. I mean the extra stuff not mentioned in the main application notes. The stuff that John50 has mentioned.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Criminal Records??

Hi thanks for your reply i am going to send off for our police check this week. Do they do another set off police checks in Australia aswell as our here ? many thanks emmie.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Hi

OH had a record from 1989. It did show up on his PC check, its is best to be honest from the outset.

Jan
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

My blips were in 1993, but of course they showed up on the record! I was expecting it, but was still gutted when it arrived back as it looks soooooo much worse typed out on an official document It was a bit crushing!
If you dont declare stuff and they find out, you can be permanently excluded. It just isn't worth the risk!
Emmie if you've spent time in Oz I'd advise getting Police checks. I spent less than 12 months there and they have just come back and asked me to get them anyway. Which is fine, but its now going to hold everything up for a month to get them. If I'd known I could have got them 2 months ago and frontloaded them They take at least 30 days (plus getting them to/from Oz and then back to your CO), so a good month at least to sort out.
They're only $36 so it could be worth just getting them anyway.
I have a feeling I was asked for them because I'd had a blip in 1993 in UK and they wanted to be assured I'd changed my ways (which I have!)
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Sorry i forgot to say the Oz Police checks form is form 1101.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Would you send your police checks form away with your original application?

I thought you didnt send that or your x ray away until you were rquested.

Im surprised so many people are using agents as the form I am filling in c416 spouse of a NZ citizen seems very straightforward.

And it only costs £80 whilts an agency was wanting £900 quid!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I frontloaded the meds, x-ray, Police check and everything...if I'd known I'd needed an Oz Police check I'd have frontloaded that too!
Depends what visa you're on, but spouse are generally quite quick so it can speed up the process by giving them the whole package in one go.
I think they say to wait as some decisions take well over a year (for other visa types), by which time your Police checks and meds are invalidated!
Only you can decide what is the best thing for you to do.
If you take a look at some of the timelines on here (try the Colebecks' spreadsheets) it might give you an idea of who frontloaded and which visa they're on.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Criminal Records??

Hi thanks for your reply no we've never been to Australia so i taking it that i only need the UK police reports for £10 ? I spoken to o/h and convinced him to put it on the form now he tells me he got done for braking Boots shop window with a football had fine of £85 might need extra sheet of paper at this rate lol many thanks Emmie
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the pursers
I frontloaded the meds, x-ray, Police check and everything...if I'd known I'd needed an Oz Police check I'd have frontloaded that too!
Depends what visa you're on, but spouse are generally quite quick so it can speed up the process by giving them the whole package in one go.
I think they say to wait as some decisions take well over a year (for other visa types), by which time your Police checks and meds are invalidated!
Only you can decide what is the best thing for you to do.
If you take a look at some of the timelines on here (try the Colebecks' spreadsheets) it might give you an idea of who frontloaded and which visa they're on.
Wheres the Colebecks spreadsheet mate?

I tried to book my xray before I sent the visa away but when I phoned the hospital in Glasgow they said I was to send the visa form away first and then they would write back requesting that I go for my x-ray??

Confused.

Cheers

Jamie
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by John50
You may be asked to supply character references and write a statement about the circumstances surounding the offences and explain how you have reformed since the offences.
That`s what i had to do and my offences were 28 years ago.....
Hi John
I hope you don't mind me asking you a question, just that you seem to no what you are talking about, We have just started the 175 visa application online, we are in the process of uploading all documentation, we both sent off for our police checks, My husband is the applicant for the visa as i am 45 my husbands police check came back clear but i had an problem when i was 23 and married for the first time, i had got stopped for a faulty rear light and was asked to produce my insurance documents and driving licience within 7 days, when we looked at our insurance we found it to be out of date by 2 days, and i changed the 7 on the insurance to a 2, really really stupid thing to do i no, but cannot go back in time and change it, so of course i was caught and got a 40 pound fine and a criminal record for this, and it says fraud on it, looks horrid and to be honest i had forgotten all about it, i have never done anything wrong prior to this and also after this, can you tell me if this will ruin my husbands chances of obtaining a visa because of my mistake 21 years ago. any help with this would be a help.
thanks in advance.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi John
I hope you don't mind me asking you a question, just that you seem to no what you are talking about, We have just started the 175 visa application online, we are in the process of uploading all documentation, we both sent off for our police checks, My husband is the applicant for the visa as i am 45 my husbands police check came back clear but i had an problem when i was 23 and married for the first time, i had got stopped for a faulty rear light and was asked to produce my insurance documents and driving licience within 7 days, when we looked at our insurance we found it to be out of date by 2 days, and i changed the 7 on the insurance to a 2, really really stupid thing to do i no, but cannot go back in time and change it, so of course i was caught and got a 40 pound fine and a criminal record for this, and it says fraud on it, looks horrid and to be honest i had forgotten all about it, i have never done anything wrong prior to this and also after this, can you tell me if this will ruin my husbands chances of obtaining a visa because of my mistake 21 years ago. any help with this would be a help.
thanks in advance.
Don`t worry about it this will not hinder your application.At the very worst they might ask you for a character reference.i got one from the office manager at my last uk job and she just wrote that she had known me for 4 years and i was honest and trustworthy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.