Coul Mum come too?

Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Location: Last of the Summer Wine country...Soon to be Melbourne
Flossybean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coul Mum come too?

Hello to all you wise people out there, I wonder if anyone can help with my (latest) dilemma.

Some background first...

We are in the process of applying for a 457 (employer sponsored visa). My husband has been offered an inter-company transfer to Melbourne and the company need him there pretty quickly. We have been assured that we will also be sponsored for PR by the company. Follwing advice on the forum we are trying to get this written into his contract before he signs it at the end of this month, to be sure they don't backtrack on this agreement.Things are moving pretty quickly, we are at the stage of getting medicals on Friday.

The main problem however,as I'm sure it is with a lot of people is leaving my Mum behind.

I'm really close to my Mum, she only lives 10 minutes away and we see her regularly, especially since she got divorced from my dad 8 yrs ago, she lives on her own.

I'm her only daughter, although I do have a Brother (28) he is not married or attached to anyone at the moment and is busy living the single life, so I feel quite responsible for her.

I also have a six year old son who is her only grandchild, she adores him and he adores her too!

Mum is 52, too young for retirement yet, and is just about to refresh to go back to work as a Midwife something she gave up years ago, this would put her on the skills in demand list but I don't know if this would help, or if her age would go against her.

I would really like for my Mum to come over too, and would like to know what (if any) her options are.

I would really appreciate any advice as I am getting really stressed about leaving her, and knowing if it is really feasible for her to come or not could make the difference as to whether we make the leap too

Thanks in advance for any help
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Coul Mum come too?

Originally Posted by Flossybean
Hello to all you wise people out there, I wonder if anyone can help with my (latest) dilemma.

Some background first...

We are in the process of applying for a 457 (employer sponsored visa). My husband has been offered an inter-company transfer to Melbourne and the company need him there pretty quickly. We have been assured that we will also be sponsored for PR by the company. Follwing advice on the forum we are trying to get this written into his contract before he signs it at the end of this month, to be sure they don't backtrack on this agreement.Things are moving pretty quickly, we are at the stage of getting medicals on Friday.

The main problem however,as I'm sure it is with a lot of people is leaving my Mum behind.

I'm really close to my Mum, she only lives 10 minutes away and we see her regularly, especially since she got divorced from my dad 8 yrs ago, she lives on her own.

I'm her only daughter, although I do have a Brother (28) he is not married or attached to anyone at the moment and is busy living the single life, so I feel quite responsible for her.

I also have a six year old son who is her only grandchild, she adores him and he adores her too!

Mum is 52, too young for retirement yet, and is just about to refresh to go back to work as a Midwife something she gave up years ago, this would put her on the skills in demand list but I don't know if this would help, or if her age would go against her.

I would really like for my Mum to come over too, and would like to know what (if any) her options are.

I would really appreciate any advice as I am getting really stressed about leaving her, and knowing if it is really feasible for her to come or not could make the difference as to whether we make the leap too

WHOOPS! where did that 'D' go?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:56 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Some background first...

Flossybean

Seems like you need the advice of an agent - somebody good like George Lombard at http://www.austimmigration.com.au.

Lucy
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Coul Mum come too?

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
Flossybean

Seems like you need the advice of an agent - somebody good like George Lombard at http://www.austimmigration.com.au.

Lucy
Thanks for the info, reading through the parent migration tome is making my brain hurt!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:07 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to all you wise people out there, I wonder if <snip>I would really like for my Mum to come over too, and would like to know what (if any) her options are.
<snip>
FB,

You should read the Parent Migration Booklet if you want to see for yourself what options are available to sponsor your mom permanently to Australia.

There may be non-permanent options as well, such as a retirement visa.

As Lucy suggested, you may wish to go over your options with a registered migration agent with experience in these issues.

Cheers
Peter