Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Hi Les,

I've had my police checks done but haven't sent them off yet as I was waiting for a case officer. If they needed anything else sending over, I could send it all together. Did you send them by courier ??

Katie
Hi Katie, In the end we just sent them by normal Post Office Airmail with proof of postage it covers you for about £40. We do not know if they have got there as the case officer only returned from 6 weeks holiday today.

Our son has been asked to pay the Aos but as he asked us for the money Friday I think it will be Thursday before he can pay the bond (we sent it to him by UKForex).

P.S. We also scaned the Police checks and sent the copy over the web to our COs email address.

Last edited by Les Avalook; Feb 7th 2011 at 9:22 am.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by K and M
Hi Durhamlad,
Sir Matt on the other site said that he did not have his old passports when he completed his form 80 so he just said that he had had consecutive UK passports to the current one from XXX Date!!!!
That sounds really CHEEKY!
Great if he got away with it....
else it sounds like the ultimate inquisition which, surely, nobody can comply with !!!
john
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:16 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by JohnDeeHart
That sounds really CHEEKY!
Great if he got away with it....
else it sounds like the ultimate inquisition which, surely, nobody can comply with !!!
john
Hi John,

If you have been following Sir Matt's adventures on his CPV 143 journey to Australia you will see that he is quite a character!!!!

If any one can try a variation, Sir Matt will and it must have worked as he has now completed the long journey arriving in Australia with his wife last month!!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice

Hi John,

If you have been following Sir Matt's adventures on his CPV 143 journey to Australia you will see that he is quite a character!!!!

If any one can try a variation, Sir Matt will and it must have worked as he has now completed the long journey arriving in Australia with his wife last month!!
Unfortunately I haven't been following his adventures. A search for Sir Matt revealed nothing.
Is he on the other site?
John
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnDeeHart
Unfortunately I haven't been following his adventures. A search for Sir Matt revealed nothing.
Is he on the other site?
John
....a search for sirmatt101 revealed 700 odd posts.

Yes, he has moved. Permanently.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
....a search for sirmatt101 revealed 700 odd posts.

Yes, he has moved. Permanently.
Thanks, Les.
John
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

Hi All

We are pleased to see that there are more new members on this site. It's nice to see that it hasn't 'died' after all the disappointment and controversy of the last few months.
We are just forming our strategy plan with the help of the information given by you knowledgeable people . Does anyone please know how to pay the
2nd vac? We have already deposited sufficient funds into the Commonwealth bank (when the rate was better) but don't have a aus credit card and don't own an aus moble phone yet . We are still in the uk.
Good Luck to all waiting in the queue. It's so comforting to know that we are there for each other.

Floss
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by durhamlad
How do you provide details of any previous passports you have held if you don't have them any more.
Hi,

I didn't have copies or details of previous passports, if you contact the Home Office Indentity & Passport Service & pay £10, they'll provide you with all your passport numbers ever issued to you. There is a form for you to complete online, doesn't take too long from memory

good luck

let me know if you need any more info

Katie
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have a Case Officer today after just 13 months, sooooooooooooo excited

The time really does fly by & this site is fantastic for information & support

Katie

Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:45 am

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Hi all,

Katie

Congratulations Katie, well done!!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by KatyJaysFolks
Hi All

We are pleased to see that there are more new members on this site. It's nice to see that it hasn't 'died' after all the disappointment and controversy of the last few months.
We are just forming our strategy plan with the help of the information given by you knowledgeable people . Does anyone please know how to pay the
2nd vac? We have already deposited sufficient funds into the Commonwealth bank (when the rate was better) but don't have a aus credit card and don't own an aus moble phone yet . We are still in the uk.
Good Luck to all waiting in the queue. It's so comforting to know that we are there for each other.

Floss
I would suggest that as you have the funds in Australia (At a better rate than the current one ) that you organise a bank draft on your australian bank. The downside is that they will only send the draft to you at the address that they have you registered with them, and then you in turn will have to send it via courier to DIAC Perth.

The alternative is pay by UK credit card to the Australian High Commision in UK, the rate is not good so the more cost effective option is bank draft.

This is the route that we will be taking.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:01 am
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KatyJaysFolks
Hi All

Floss
I would phone the Commonwealth Bank (they give a number to phone from the UK) and ask them-they were incredibly helpful to me on the phone. It might be that if a banker's draft is difficult to arrange for you, they suggest you transfer the money to your family's account out in Oz and get them to organise a bank draft....
Nearly there!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:03 am
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Katie

Fantastic news! Congratulations!

(I said you'd be in Oz before me....)

Fiz
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

I would suggest that as you have the funds in Australia (At a better rate than the current one ) that you organise a bank draft on your australian bank. The downside is that they will only send the draft to you at the address that they have you registered with them, and then you in turn will have to send it via courier to DIAC Perth.

The alternative is pay by UK credit card to the Australian High Commision in UK, the rate is not good so the more cost effective option is bank draft.

This is the route that we will be taking.

Hope this helps
Hi Kand M,

Thank you so much for your advice . I knew someone on this thread would know the answer. Everyone gets help from the abundance of knowledge here . Thanks once again

Floss

Floss
I thank my lucky stars I found you all
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fiz
....... It might be that if a banker's draft is difficult to arrange for you, they suggest you transfer the money to your family's account out in Oz and get them to organise a bank draft....
Nearly there!
I'll second that, that is the route we are taking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.