Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi Katie-like you, I sold my house early as well and have been renting for nearly 2 years now. On reflection, I am really pleased I did that as I not only started the decluttering process early, it also helped me get used to living in something a bit smaller. With Sydney property prices I am not going to be able to buy the large family house I had before so living in a rented apartment for the last year or so as helped me get used to a different style of living.
I know how frustrating it is, waiting for a CO but you're nearly there: you'll probably be in Oz before me as I don't finish work until August so am moving out in September, all being well

Take care
Fiz
Dear Katie & Fiz,
Your comments are so positive and supportive. Take the chance and think YES I always say. Don't the Aussies do that all the time? Isn't that why we're going there? Isn't it because they are so much a can do people?
John
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:10 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by JohnDeeHart
Dear Katie & Fiz,
Your comments are so positive and supportive. Take the chance and think YES I always say. Don't the Aussies do that all the time? Isn't that why we're going there? Isn't it because they are so much a can do people?
John
Hi John-I sent you a PM with more details on meds so hope you got that and that it was useful............
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a joke
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Perthflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help and assistance guys

Dumb question but if we do the Meds earlier than getting a Case Officer appointed and the results are sent off to DIAC is there not a risk of them getting lost as there won't be a case number for the Doc to refer to??
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthflyer
Thanks for your help and assistance guys

Dumb question but if we do the Meds earlier than getting a Case Officer appointed and the results are sent off to DIAC is there not a risk of them getting lost as there won't be a case number for the Doc to refer to??
You put your File Ref: (number) that is at the top of your acknowledgement letter on all your details plus the name of the lead person if more than one of you.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:05 am
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
You put your File Ref: (number) that is at the top of your acknowledgement letter on all your details plus the name of the lead person if more than one of you.
Also, the clinic I used gave me the courier tracking number which meant that there was evidence of the date etc that DIAC received it. I believe that the meds details (i.e. passed or not) are then put on a database that the Case Officers access. My case officer initially asked me to do meds which caused me to panic a bit that they'd been lost but when I emailed back that I'd done them and quoted the the date they'd arrived at DIAC, she emailed back within hours to say that all was fine

Hoping this is clear-reading it back, it looks a bit rambling ...!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fiz
Also, the clinic I used gave me the courier tracking number which meant that there was evidence of the date etc that DIAC received it. I believe that the meds details (i.e. passed or not) are then put on a database that the Case Officers access. My case officer initially asked me to do meds which caused me to panic a bit that they'd been lost but when I emailed back that I'd done them and quoted the the date they'd arrived at DIAC, she emailed back within hours to say that all was fine

Spire Hospital Brentwood for their £290 per person fee have not even had the courtesy to send an email to say our meds have been sent let alone tracking information.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi-what lots of people seem to do is wait about 11-12 months and then do the medical and police checks. However it does depend on your mother's circumstances as you have to validate the visa within 12 months of the medical/police checks so if she were planning to stay in the UK for a few months after visa grant, time might be a bit tight. does that make sense?
Does validating the visa mean you actually go to Oz, Fiz?
If this is so, based on the assumption that it takes 15-18 months to get your visa, medicals etc can be done as early as 3-6 months after you get your acknowledgement of application? Say 6 months to be safe at the moment.
This presumes that all other matters in th UK have been cleared - house sals, etc etc.
John
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:42 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

Does validating the visa mean you actually go to Oz, Fiz?
If this is so, based on the assumption that it takes 15-18 months to get your visa, medicals etc can be done as early as 3-6 months after you get your acknowledgement of application? Say 6 months to be safe at the moment.
This presumes that all other matters in th UK have been cleared - house sals, etc etc.
John
My understanding of validating the visa is as follows: you are given a date once the visa is issued by which you have to validate-in my case this was Sept 29th 2011, 12 months after my meds were received by DIAC.

You have to go to Australia by this date but you don't have to stay-it can just be a visit. You are allowed 5 years during which time you can come and go as much as you like.
I think lots of people do a validating visit and then return to the UK for a year or so-perhaps to sell the house, save up some more money etc

I was going out at Easter anyway so I shall validate then-I intend to move out in September but there is a possibility that I will work until Christmas so the validating visit will allow that to happen, should I so choose to do so.

Does that all make sense?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiz

Hi Fiz,

thanks for the info, I nearly panicked then as I didn't think I had kept the email confirming delivery etc of my meds, luckily I had.

I've still got my police check to send when I have my case officer - I think either you recommended me to do that or maybe it was Les. So many people with so much info.

What will will do when all this is over ??? Live the rest of our lives without ever filling out another form maybe !!

Katie
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Hi Fiz,

thanks for the info, I nearly panicked then as I didn't think I had kept the email confirming delivery etc of my meds, luckily I had.

I've still got my police check to send when I have my case officer - I think either you recommended me to do that or maybe it was Les. So many people with so much info.

What will will do when all this is over ??? Live the rest of our lives without ever filling out another form maybe !!

Not if you get to Oz!

Katie
Hi Katie, If you have done your meds you may as well get the Police checks done as the clock is now ticking, the 12 months you have to validate starts from which ever you complete first of those two tests.

When we found we had a 3 week wait for our meds we waited until the day before our meds before we posted off the Police checks so we have got 12 months from 15th Jan 2011. Our thinking is if the house sale has not completed by Christmas 2011 we can validate after that break.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fiz
My understanding of validating the visa is as follows: you are given a date once the visa is issued by which you have to validate-in my case this was Sept 29th 2011, 12 months after my meds were received by DIAC.

You have to go to Australia by this date but you don't have to stay-it can just be a visit. You are allowed 5 years during which time you can come and go as much as you like.
I think lots of people do a validating visit and then return to the UK for a year or so-perhaps to sell the house, save up some more money etc

I was going out at Easter anyway so I shall validate then-I intend to move out in September but there is a possibility that I will work until Christmas so the validating visit will allow that to happen, should I so choose to do so.

Does that all make sense?
Total sense, Fiz.
It's all abundantly clear. Get the meds done in good time, I think... about 6 months before the anticipated visa date.
Thanks
John
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Hi Katie, If you have done your meds you may as well get the Police checks done as the clock is now ticking, the 12 months you have to validate starts from which ever you complete first of those two tests.

When we found we had a 3 week wait for our meds we waited until the day before our meds before we posted off the Police checks so we have got 12 months from 15th Jan 2011. Our thinking is if the house sale has not completed by Christmas 2011 we can validate after that break.
Hi Les,

I've had my police checks done but haven't sent them off yet as I was waiting for a case officer. If they needed anything else sending over, I could send it all together. Did you send them by courier ??

Katie
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by K and M
Well since getting our CO on the 28 January 2011 my wife and I have had a busy week organising the next steps on the road to the CPV143 visa.

Downloading the Form 80 from the DIAC web page and completing it on the laptop http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf . The hardest part is digging out all you old passports as they ask for all the passport numbers of all the passports that you have held. I’ve had 7, fortunately I have kept them all so not too much of a problem. Then of course comes all the trips abroad that you have made in the last 10 years. This form is worth filling in before you get your case officer and save it on the laptop until required, then all you need to do is print it and sign it before sending it off.

Police Clearance Certificates, we needed both the UK one from ACPO Farnham and South African ones from the SAPS Pretoria as we had spent over 12 months (Just) in South Africa on secondment from the UK.
The UK certificate is straight forward at a cost of £35.00 per person or a further £5 if you require an extra copy, we did just in case.
The SA certificate is a little more difficult, you need to obtain fingerprints from your local UK police station ( This needs to be a Police Station that has a custody suite) at a eye watering £66 per person. You need to complete a annexe 23B form obtainable from http://www.dfa.gov.za/consular/policeclear.htm then photo copies of your passports, a bankers draft at R59 per person, a covering letter and a prepaid return envelope to enable them to send you the certificate.

The Medicals & X Rays appointments have been booked for the 23rd February at Knightsbridge London as this is the easiest place to get to from the bottom end of Devon this at a cost of £270 per person, which does include the couriering of the medical results to DIAC Australia. We are going up by train the day before, staying overnight as the appoint is at 10am. Dont forget to take with you your passports and complete and the form 26 (Medical) and form 160 (X Ray) before you go as you will need to give these to the Doctors. www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/26.pdf www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/160.pdf

The AOS process has started with daughter calling the Centrelink office in Sydney for an appointment, they very politely said that would get back to her shortly with an appointment date as they are currently very busy dealing with claims for flooding in Queensland, and Victoria.

So we are now back to waiting again!!!!! Still we moving in the right direction!!!
How do you provide details of any previous passports you have held if you don't have them any more.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:38 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by durhamlad
How do you provide details of any previous passports you have held if you don't have them any more.
Hi Durhamlad,
Sir Matt on the other site said that he did not have his old passports when he completed his form 80 so he just said that he had had consecutive UK passports to the current one from XXX Date!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.