Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory parent - medicals & visa validation

Contributory parent - medicals & visa validation

Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:14 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Contributory parent - medicals & visa validation

Hi all,

I'm sure someone on here will know the answer to this one...

Once you get your contributory parent visa (temporary or full), how long do you have to validate it by entering the country? I know when I emigrated I had to validate within 12 months of my medical date. Does the same rule apply to parents?

Hope to hear back soon.

Cheers!

W
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory parent - medicals & visa validation

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
I know when I emigrated I had to validate within 12 months of my medical date. Does the same rule apply to parents?
Yes it does (for offshore visas).
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:03 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

And once someone gets the letter from DIMA saying that the temporary parent visa has been granted, how long till they have to pay the first big sum (about $17K I think?)

Thanks JAJ for your quick response!

W
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:40 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
And once someone gets the letter from DIMA saying that the temporary parent visa has been granted, how long till they have to pay the first big sum (about $17K I think?)

Thanks JAJ for your quick response!

W
Hi

I think you'll find it is the other way round - they will want your money before granting the visa. The payment is the final piece of the jigsaw - at least it was for us.

Regards

Jim