can i take our child!

Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default can i take our child!

hi

father is named on the original birth cert but has not had contact with 7 year old son for 7 years i had my sons last name changed from his biological fathers to mine 3 years ago by a solicitor so his name is same as mine on everything eg passport school,
He was born 1999 and we were never married
me and danny been together since 2000/01 and he has raised him as his own.

Would the biological father or any of his family be able to stop us immigrating

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by gina and danny; Apr 18th 2007 at 12:02 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:03 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: can i take our child!

Originally Posted by gina and danny
hi

father is named on the original birth cert but has not had contact with 7 year old son for 7 years i had my sons last name changed from his biological fathers to mine 3 years ago by a solicitor so his name is same as mine on everything eg passport school,

Would the biological father be able to stop us immigrating

Go to my profile and you should have the answers you are looking for, well at least a guideline.

My best advice, get a good solictor.

If you need any help or advice just PM

Cheers
Julie
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gina and danny
hi

Would the biological father or any of his family be able to stop us immigrating

Dont take my word for it but i would say you need a document showing you have full custody and that he is happy about y taking him out of the uk. I had sort of similar thing their was no father on my daughters birth certificate due to the fact me and my now husband(previously back then not maried) had split up and i am one to hold a grudge so would not put his name down we got back together after 3 mths i changed my daughters surname to married name by solicitor,when she was 3yrs she is now 10yrs dimia still asked for a custody document for her even though we are both her natural parents??????? i ended up getting his name put on birth certificate wish i had just done it now at the time.... but reading a lot of posts on here i would say that is what they require a signed document from him saying you have full custody and he is okay about you taking him out of the country.

hope this helps

marie
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marie197500
Dont take my word for it but i would say you need a document showing you have full custody and that he is happy about y taking him out of the uk.
If child was born in 1999 then an unmarried father has no parental rights. So he cannot be expected to have a veto over something like this.

DIAC's own regulations are very clear that if UK law allows you to remove the child, that's enough for them. However many case officers have problems understanding their own rules.