Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Condition 8502 No Entry before (Person) is this correct?

Condition 8502 No Entry before (Person) is this correct?

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 9:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Condition 8502 No Entry before (Person) is this correct?

Originally Posted by The Druid
Yes Jeremy youre right. Im totally confused again, not the first time I might add over this issue.

This is why I am confused, I have an e-mail from London stating that the family and I must validate our visas within 12 months from the meds & PC's, on the other hand booklet 5 (RSMS) states I must take up my position within 6 months from visa grant.
The 6 month rule for RSMS is specific to that type of visa and takes precedence over a validation timescale if it's shorter.

Validation and the '6 month rule' are two separate things. Don't confuse them.

If you think about it, you see that in order to meet the 6 month rule, you cannot leave 12 months to validation. DIMIA expects you to get on with working for your employer in Australia asap.

You can see where the confusion lies and my dilemma, will it be ok for me and just me to travel to Aus in March have my visa validated and take up my postion within the 6 months, and then in August for the rest of the family to join me and have there visas validated. (within the 12 months from dates on meds & PC)

This way I am complying with all the conditions, DIMIA London and Booklet 5 RSMS and working it to suit our timescale.
This is ok. The 6 month rule (to the best of my knowledge) only applies to the principal applicant. This is the section of the legislation and it says nothing about where the secondary applicants should be:
http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pas...0/PA002250.htm

The rest of the family can therefore validate within the 12 months. In fact they could validate with you in March and then return to the UK while you stay in Australia.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Jan 2nd 2005 at 9:29 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
The 6 month rule for RSMS is specific to that type of visa and takes precedence over a validation timescale if it's shorter.

Validation and the '6 month rule' are two separate things. Don't confuse them.

If you think about it, you see that in order to meet the 6 month rule, you cannot leave 12 months to validation. DIMIA expects you to get on with working for your employer in Australia asap.

This is ok. The 6 month rule (to the best of my knowledge) only applies to the principal applicant. This is the section of the legislation and it says nothing about where the secondary applicants should be:
http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pas...0/PA002250.htm

The rest of the family can therefore validate within the 12 months. In fact they could validate with you in March and then return to the UK while you stay in Australia.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, thats the whole problem, the family can't come over in March, and I need to take up my position asap, so the plan is I go in March and the wife and kids can follow on in August.

Thanks again
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:23 am
Just Joined

PLAY UP POMPEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Condition 8502 No Entry before (Person) is this correct?

Originally Posted by spottydog
I've just received our passports back from Australia House with our 136 visa in them but I have a query about whether they are OK.

On my partners visa is says 8502 NO ENTRY BEFORE (PERSON)

Is this correct as I would have expected to see my name there rather than PERSON? On the grant letter sent by Adelaide it specifies that the condition is no entry before spottydog (as in me rather than just PERSON).

Thanks

Anne
Hi all

I've just received our passports back from Australia House with our 136 visa in them and we also have got ( person) in our's so we e-mailed our case officer yesterday and received this e mail back today, hope it puts your mind at rest -

This is not an error. A new computer system was introduced on 01/07/2004 &
while eventually the primary applicant's name will be printed in the 8502
condition, at this stage "No entry before (Person)" is what the system is
delivering.

This will not present any problems at airports when you & your family
travel to Australia.

Good luck.

Hope this helps you all.
ps If Mayer reads this please send me an e-mail, thanks.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:01 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Thanks PuP!
That's put my mind at rest anyway!!!!

carole

Originally Posted by PLAY UP POMPEY
Hi all

I've just received our passports back from Australia House with our 136 visa in them and we also have got ( person) in our's so we e-mailed our case officer yesterday and received this e mail back today, hope it puts your mind at rest -

This is not an error. A new computer system was introduced on 01/07/2004 &
while eventually the primary applicant's name will be printed in the 8502
condition, at this stage "No entry before (Person)" is what the system is
delivering.

This will not present any problems at airports when you & your family
travel to Australia.

Good luck.

Hope this helps you all.
ps If Mayer reads this please send me an e-mail, thanks.