Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Condition 8502 No Entry before (Person) is this correct?

Wikiposts

Condition 8502 No Entry before (Person) is this correct?

Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Condition 8502 No Entry before (Person) is this correct?

I've just received our passports back from Australia House with our 136 visa in them but I have a query about whether they are OK.

On my partners visa is says 8502 NO ENTRY BEFORE (PERSON)

Is this correct as I would have expected to see my name there rather than PERSON? On the grant letter sent by Adelaide it specifies that the condition is no entry before spottydog (as in me rather than just PERSON).

Thanks

Anne
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:47 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Condition 8502 No Entry before (Person) is this correct?

Originally Posted by spottydog
I've just received our passports back from Australia House with our 136 visa in them but I have a query about whether they are OK.

Is this correct as I would have expected to see my name there rather than PERSON? On the grant letter sent by Adelaide it specifies that the condition is no entry before spottydog (as in me rather than just PERSON).

Thanks

Anne

Hi Anne,
Just looked over our visas & it says no entry before hubbys name,says it in all of ours (except hubbys of course!)

Im sure its an error,do you have an agent you can ask?

Donna.(ours is 136 to)

Last edited by madsad; Dec 17th 2004 at 3:49 am.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Anne,
Just looked over our visas & it says no entry before hubbys name,says it in all of ours (except hubbys of course!)

Im sure its an error,do you have an agent you can ask?

Donna.(ours is 136 to)
Thanks, I had a feeling it was wrong. I don't have an agent so I'll try to get through to Australia House to ask what I have to do.

Anne
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:56 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I had a feeling it was wrong. I don't have an agent so I'll try to get through to Australia House to ask what I have to do.

Anne

If you have no joy at Austraila House,you could try your case officer at Dimia?

Good luck,dont worry about it,just a blip!

Donna.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Anne
Where it says "Person" it should have the name of the main applicant. Whoever printed the visa forgot to change the template before printing, methinks! Oops!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

nawab1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Friend,

We also recieved the same on three out of four passports.
8502 no entry before (person)

I think its normal

Regards
Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:38 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Thanks

Anne
Hi Spottydog

All your family passports should have "Not to be entered before" [& the main 136 visa applicants name in it]. This is definatly a mistake

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi Spottydog

All your family passports should have "Not to be entered before" [& the main 136 visa applicants name in it]. This is definatly a mistake
The condition itself, as outlined on the visa grant notification, is unaffected by this 'mistake' and should be followed to the letter.

Jeremy
Old Dec 29th 2004, 6:21 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Anne
Anne

Did you find out whether this was a mistake or not?? We have just received our passports today wit the visas in and mine also says "(person)" rather than my husbands name.

Thanks

Carole
Old Dec 29th 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cagandchris
Anne

Did you find out whether this was a mistake or not?? We have just received our passports today wit the visas in and mine also says "(person)" rather than my husbands name.

Thanks

Carole
I faxed Australia House before Christmas but haven't had a response as yet. I'm going to try again this afternoon since I'm on jury service for the first 2 weeks of January so won't be able to get to a fax easily. If I haven't hear d from them by the time I get back to work I am going to email my CO so see if she knows.

I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

In a way I hope they want to change the label in the passport as I don't want us getting to Heathrow and confusing the check-in staff further. Luckily we won't be going for a while since we still have to sell the house so we have time to find out.

Anne
Old Jan 1st 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
The condition itself, as outlined on the visa grant notification, is unaffected by this 'mistake' and should be followed to the letter.

Jeremy
Does this mean that the main applicant can enter before the rest of the family and then the family follow on later ??

I have a bit of a dilemma, my visa grant is imminent, under the terms of the RSMS visa I have to take up my position in Australia within 6 months of visa grant, this poses a serious timing issue with the kids in school, my daughter is in a critical part of her schooling and my wife is reluctant to disrupt her schooling to travel to Aus to validate visas.

The question is :- Can I go to Aus when the visa is issued and the wife and kids follow on in August ?
Old Jan 1st 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Anne
After reading this thread, just went to look at our passports.
None of them have the 8502 condition on them, although this is written on the visa grant letter we received.
Hope this is OK.....

Is this correct?
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 12:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Druid
Does this mean that the main applicant can enter before the rest of the family and then the family follow on later ??

I have a bit of a dilemma, my visa grant is imminent, under the terms of the RSMS visa I have to take up my position in Australia within 6 months of visa grant, this poses a serious timing issue with the kids in school, my daughter is in a critical part of her schooling and my wife is reluctant to disrupt her schooling to travel to Aus to validate visas.

The question is :- Can I go to Aus when the visa is issued and the wife and kids follow on in August ?
Druid

You sound completely confused about a number of issues:

1. The 6 month requirement to take up your position applies only to you.
2. The requirement to validate visas before the 'first entry date' applies to *all* family members
3. You can validate visas with a holiday in Australia if not ready to make the move straight away.
4. The main applicant must validate first (or at the same time) as the other family members. Family members can return to the UK for a while without problems but must validate within the required timeframe.

Jeremy
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 5:44 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

I faxed Australia House before Christmas but haven't had a response as yet. I'm going to try again this afternoon since I'm on jury service for the first 2 weeks of January so won't be able to get to a fax easily. If I haven't hear d from them by the time I get back to work I am going to email my CO so see if she knows.

I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

In a way I hope they want to change the label in the passport as I don't want us getting to Heathrow and confusing the check-in staff further. Luckily we won't be going for a while since we still have to sell the house so we have time to find out.

Anne
Thanks Anne
Keep us posted!!

Carole
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
Druid

You sound completely confused about a number of issues:

1. The 6 month requirement to take up your position applies only to you.
2. The requirement to validate visas before the 'first entry date' applies to *all* family members
3. You can validate visas with a holiday in Australia if not ready to make the move straight away.
4. The main applicant must validate first (or at the same time) as the other family members. Family members can return to the UK for a while without problems but must validate within the required timeframe.

Jeremy
Yes Jeremy youre right. Im totally confused again, not the first time I might add over this issue.

This is why I am confused, I have an e-mail from London stating that the family and I must validate our visas within 12 months from the meds & PC's, on the other hand booklet 5 (RSMS) states I must take up my position within 6 months from visa grant.

You can see where the confusion lies and my dilemma, will it be ok for me and just me to travel to Aus in March have my visa validated and take up my postion within the 6 months, and then in August for the rest of the family to join me and have there visas validated. (within the 12 months from dates on meds & PC)

This way I am complying with all the conditions, DIMIA London and Booklet 5 RSMS and working it to suit our timescale.

OR :- Does the WHOLE family have to travel to Aus (within 6 months in my case to take up my position in accordance with booklet 5) and have the visas validated together.

If this is the case the family will have to return to the UK and I will remain in Aus to take up my position.

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.