COMPLAINT TO DIAC

Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice
Default Re: COMPLAINT TO DIAC

You are very quick to judge and slap people down Dorothy.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
You are very quick to judge and slap people down Dorothy.
How do you figure? Is it because I corrected you on the origin of the site? Or because I said I thought it was unfair that Gingernuts said he/she put files of people who complain to the bottom of the pile?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How do you figure? Is it because I corrected you on the origin of the site? Or because I said I thought it was unfair that Gingernuts said he/she put files of people who complain to the bottom of the pile?
Maybe forums are like emails and tone can be misconstrued but I've seen posts from you around the site that are a bit....fierce!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Maybe forums are like emails and tone can be misconstrued but I've seen posts from you around the site that are a bit....fierce!
Well, I apologise if I have upset you in some way. It's not my intention to be "fierce".
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:50 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Nitu

Look at the brighter side.

Did you know that applicants for Canadian skilled economic visas are waiting about 70 months (new Delhi) to be granted visas.

By comparison DIAC's processing is way more efficient.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I apologise if I have upset you in some way. It's not my intention to be "fierce".
Fierce - dorothy? you never ! more like a pussy cat x
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Angelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really nice

Hi All

Just want to say, we've been waiting for a co since march (not that long), but I'm 100% sure the DIAC are working hard to process them ASAP, one of the reasons I want to live in Australia is because of how they opperate and dont just let anyone into the country like the UK!!!!!

Angelica x
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

i agree i have also been waiting since march, just be saving money while you wait thats what i am doing lots of over time give us the best chances at the other end.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:03 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Im in the UK I waited 6 months for a pre-ack. ...no-one likes waiting. Tell you what apply for british citizenship , get that then apply from the UK as a low risk. No-one laugh i know someone who is doing just that.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:16 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Our visa took 19 months, my husband is a British Citizen and was living in the UK, but was born in a high risk country.

The length of time it took to process his visa was NOT down to DIAC, it was down to his country of origin and their frustratingly slow and almost non responsive length of time in replying to Australian security check requests.

DIAC don't enjoy having a backlog of applications and it is not done purposely or to be racist as some have accused in other threads. You may well find that while the checks for high risk countries are stringent, the delays will often lie with the country of origin. If they don't comply in timely fashion then you get your delays.

In a perfect world your visa would be processed in the specified time but this can only be done when everyone involved in the process works to the time allowed - and that is impossible when high risk countries take their time in their part of processing.

Waiting is hard, 19 months was a killer for me but at no point did I ever think of lodging a complaint, an enquiry was made by our agent to find the status but never a complaint.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:31 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Angelica666
Hi All

Just want to say, we've been waiting for a co since march (not that long), but I'm 100% sure the DIAC are working hard to process them ASAP, one of the reasons I want to live in Australia is because of how they opperate and dont just let anyone into the country like the UK!!!!!

Angelica x
This is one of the fallicies of BE. It is NOT easy to be granted residency rights in UK. In fact, my husband and I did not qualify for a visa to England, so therefore looked at New Zealand before finally deciding on Australia. I suggest you take a look at the Home Office website for the criteria for emigration to UK before deciding that they let "just anyone in".
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

No, actually it is not set up for British expats, but rather by British expats. Everyone from any country is more than welcome to post here and share their experiences.

As for the OP, the main reason that it takes longer for applications from India is that India is considered a high risk country. There are longer waits in India for information that DIAC may request, mostly due to the Indian government and beurocrocy. There are also more fraudulant applications from the sub-continent region, therefore DIAC does more indepth checks on workplaces and experience claims. While it may not seem fair, it is to protect Australia, which is after all what the Australian government's job is.
I second Dorothy's answer, sometimes its not always down to DIAC being slow but the country where the applicant is based being very slow to respond, painfully slow. A prime example is PP in the other forum who is english but her spouse is from a high risk country (i believe) it took her painfully long to get her visa but she made it in the end. No point in getting their back up. Try to stay cool these hoops we jump through are there for a reason and when you finally live here would you want them to let just anyone in.

Jo

PS Dororthy I think my cat is aiming to be the one on your avatar In fact I think its the pin up on her wall.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Our visa took 19 months, my husband is a British Citizen and was living in the UK, but was born in a high risk country.

OOps sorry PP didnt read this properly to see you had already said it. Woops.

Jo
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:08 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Re: COMPLAINT TO DIAC

Originally Posted by gingernuts
I'm with you on this one RussellCat - no point in complaining. Unless they are deliberately mishandling your application there are no grounds for a complaint. I understand that they have service level agreements, but they are really only a guide.

I do feel for people that have been waiting around (I applied in January, but patience is a virtue as they say!), but all you can do is wait really.

I work in the public sector and when applicants complain to us we always put them at the back of the queue!

GN
No wonder people complain about the lack of efficiency of public sector departments when this type of crap goes on.

Remind me, where do public sector salaries come from?
Old Oct 12th 2008, 10:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH
No wonder people complain about the lack of efficiency of public sector departments when this type of crap goes on.

Remind me, where do public sector salaries come from?
Please don't judge ALL public servants by the comments made by one person.....
Personally I hate people that make complaints as I then have to stop work in order to source all the info to reply to the complaint, but I wouldn't let it affect my treatment of the original issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.