Colour scans?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all
Default Colour scans?

Hi, I'm just setting off on the long long road to submitting an on-line application, and I'm trying to get together everything I need.

I've read a few threads suggesting that if you have colour scans of documents, then you don't need to get them certified as true copies. However, I can't see anywhere on the DIAC website where it states that this is definitely acceptable. Can anyone point me in the right direction please to satisfy my natural tendency towards total paranoia and scepticism?

Does this apply to all documents? For example, can I just scan my passport and birth certificate in colour and not have to get a copy certified? Given that I've been quoted an outrageous £25 per signature from my local Magistrates Court, this could save me a very substantial amount of money!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:53 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colour scans?

I scanned my originals as per it says on the document checklist...l I have a visa, other Sept applicants who've done the same also have a visa.... so it must be OK!

Hope that this helps a bit!

Ali x
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alipally
I scanned my originals as per it says on the document checklist...l I have a visa, other Sept applicants who've done the same also have a visa.... so it must be OK!

Hope that this helps a bit!

Ali x
Ah, that explains it - that must be the checklist that you get emailed to you after starting the on-line application? If so, that would explain why I can't find it, as I haven't started the application yet!

Thanks!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:15 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

It's not emailed to you. You need to download the information booklet (I think it's booklet 6, you can find it here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm

and once you've paid your money at the online application you get to the document checklist after that.... you can't upload until they have your money!!

Hope this helps
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Jopad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rushmere
Hi, I'm just setting off on the long long road to submitting an on-line application, and I'm trying to get together everything I need.

I've read a few threads suggesting that if you have colour scans of documents, then you don't need to get them certified as true copies. However, I can't see anywhere on the DIAC website where it states that this is definitely acceptable. Can anyone point me in the right direction please to satisfy my natural tendency towards total paranoia and scepticism?

Does this apply to all documents? For example, can I just scan my passport and birth certificate in colour and not have to get a copy certified? Given that I've been quoted an outrageous £25 per signature from my local Magistrates Court, this could save me a very substantial amount of money!

I was also quoted £25 per signature, ring around your local solicitors as I found one in London who charges £2 per signature
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:13 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

I think this is what you are looking for:-

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

i.e. The department accepts scanned copies of the original document (non-certified) provided they are IN COLOUR and in PDF, JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of the certified copies.

Happy scanning

Allan
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by allankate

i.e. The department accepts scanned copies of the original document (non-certified) provided they are IN COLOUR and in PDF, JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of the certified copies.

Happy scanning

Allan
Fantastic - thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I guess that just leaves me to get certified copies for the ACS skills assessment!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by allankate

Happy scanning

Allan
Excellent - thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I guess that just leaves me with getting certified copies for the ACS Skills Assessment. Isn't it ironic that the Australian Computer Society is the only part of the process that can't be done electronically and has to be printed and sent by post!

Jopad - I'll start looking for a solicitor instead. £2 per signature sounds a lot more reasonable.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:00 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rushmere
Given that I've been quoted an outrageous £25 per signature from my local Magistrates Court, this could save me a very substantial amount of money!
Sweet Jesus! Are you sure that wasn't a 'one off fee' for all you documents?

I've uploaded my docs as colour scans, but still needed copies for my skills assesment and teacher registration. I used yell.com to search for all the solicitors in the local area and phoned round. I found one that's on the way home from work that will certify a document for £1...
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Sweet Jesus! Are you sure that wasn't a 'one off fee' for all you documents?

I've uploaded my docs as colour scans, but still needed copies for my skills assesment and teacher registration. I used yell.com to search for all the solicitors in the local area and phoned round. I found one that's on the way home from work that will certify a document for £1...
They were very specific - definitely £25 per signature. I find it pretty distasteful that they could charge so much for doing so little. I'll be following your example and shopping around!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:17 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Yup - that seems ridiculous. I'm sure that I'd read somewhere that the court might be a cheaper option, as they charge a one of fee to cover the time, rather than per sheet...

We just had lots of solicitors closer than going into town, and when I shopped around and found a local for £1 a sheet, I never bothered looking into the courts...

I had:
30 documents for my skills assessment, and
25 for my teacher registration

at £25 each, that would have been £1,375! A bit different to the £55 I did pay. Definately get shopping!

Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:24 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

thank god someone else asked that question, my solicitor in belfast quoted me 25 quid a signature as well, tight you know what. I think ill scan colour copies too!xxx

Denise xx
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

fly2hi is on a distinguished road

My daughter had a load done at a chemist in Perth, $1 each, but they only charged $5 for 8 forms. We've had lots of others done locally. Post office = no charge, chemist = no charge. Isn't it refreshing when you don't have that 'ripped off' feeling all the time.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

hi
i contacted my local magistrates court who quoted £25 for signing all my documents and there was a load for ANMC.

when i got there the maistrate took me into his chambers and signed all forms it took him about an hour cause there was so many lol..............and when i was leaving he never asked me for a penny......so i got it all done for free lol

i would defo check out the courts again, if not i hope you find someone who has more reasonable costs
suzie
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

LOL I just go to our local solicitor, and he charged £5 for the 1st one, then just £2 ea after
But if you have loads, then he just like charged £10 for the lot!
Did you know they pocket the money? So.. its like a little extra for a bit of their time!!
£25 is disgraceful!!