Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Test, Ceremony wait time and traveling overseas

Citizenship Test, Ceremony wait time and traveling overseas

Old Jan 22nd 2016, 1:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Test, Ceremony wait time and traveling overseas

Originally Posted by slackbloke
I don't believe this is law so it is still a request, I would be interested if someone can confirm if there is a law that covers this. I am aware of at least one (complex) scenario where citizens can enter and leave Australia without an Australian passport completely legitimately.
I suggest you contact a good registered agent. Maybe then you could come back and give us the reference points in law for use of future posters
Old Feb 24th 2016, 1:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slackbloke
I don't believe this is law so it is still a request, I would be interested if someone can confirm if there is a law that covers this. I am aware of at least one (complex) scenario where citizens can enter and leave Australia without an Australian passport completely legitimately.
Well - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...ssport-873176/ - this airline flying from Papua New Guinea to Australia 'requested' that this dual Oz/Brit citizen show his Australian passport - and when he couldn't, they 'enforced' their 'request' by refusing to let him board the aircraft. So he's a bit stuck for now.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Well - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...ssport-873176/ - this airline flying from Papua New Guinea to Australia 'requested' that this dual Oz/Brit citizen show his Australian passport - and when he couldn't, they 'enforced' their 'request' by refusing to let him board the aircraft. So he's a bit stuck for now.
When you say 'they' you presumably mean the airline, not Australian immigration; the airline were making the request. The onus is on the airline to ensure he can enter the destination and obviously he was not able to prove it. Clearly the traveller didn't do adequate checks on what he should have done in advance (like get a passport) but he obviously left Australia through Australian immigration as an Australian citizen without an Australian passport.

Last edited by slackbloke; Feb 24th 2016 at 2:15 am.