Citizenship interview

Old Mar 15th 2013, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice
Default Citizenship interview

We have just applied online for citizenship and curious as to whether our kids, as they are on my application, will have to attend the interview aswell, both are under 16 so I assume this is unnecessary.
Also does anyone know what the processing time is at moment from submitting application to receiving a date for interview?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15th 2013, 7:29 pm
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship interview

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
We have just applied online for citizenship and curious as to whether our kids, as they are on my application, will have to attend the interview aswell, both are under 16 so I assume this is unnecessary.
Also does anyone know what the processing time is at moment from submitting application to receiving a date for interview?

Thanks!
kids under 16 don't take the citizenship test, they do however take the pledge at the citizenship ceremony,
the test is easy enough just watch the dvd you get from them alot,
as for the time frame ours took 3 to 4 months to come through
Old Mar 15th 2013, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mav
kids under 16 don't take the citizenship test, they do however take the pledge at the citizenship ceremony,
the test is easy enough just watch the dvd you get from them alot,
as for the time frame ours took 3 to 4 months to come through
What does the interviewer ask in the interview ? I just had a look on citizenship website and realized that most of applicants do not need to attend an interview but need to sit a test
Cheers
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:20 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QLDlover
What does the interviewer ask in the interview ? I just had a look on citizenship website and realized that most of applicants do not need to attend an interview but need to sit a test
Cheers
they just verify your identity at the "interview" and then u sit the test.

which DIAC office did you indicate in your app as your preferred contact office? if its brisbane it can take more than a month to get an interview/test. in sydney it takes 5-10 days to get an email with test date details and 1-2 monts from lodgmt to approval if everythings in order. upload all ur supporting docs.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter is 17 and has to attend an interview - they will check her identity etc, and she will have to answer some questions about her rights and responsibilities as an Aussie citizen, but AFAIK she doesn't have to do the multiple choice test. I thought she also didn't need a police check, but when OH phoned up they said she did. Is that correct? I've filled one out just in case.

OH has had his approval letter, but 3 weeks after he got his, I'm still waiting. Wonder why my police check has taken so long??? I had to have them for working with pre-schoolers. He has an annual one due to working in finance, that's the only difference.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by commonwealth
they just verify your identity at the "interview" and then u sit the test.

which DIAC office did you indicate in your app as your preferred contact office? if its brisbane it can take more than a month to get an interview/test. in sydney it takes 5-10 days to get an email with test date details and 1-2 monts from lodgmt to approval if everythings in order. upload all ur supporting docs.
We selected Coffs Harbour as our local office for the test so hopefully shouldn't have such a long wait!
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Do you have to scan in certified copies of everything for the online citizenship application or will just coloured scans as in visa applications do?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:56 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

just colored scans of original. no need to certify docs if lodged online.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:59 pm
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
My daughter is 17 and has to attend an interview - they will check her identity etc, and she will have to answer some questions about her rights and responsibilities as an Aussie citizen, but AFAIK she doesn't have to do the multiple choice test. I thought she also didn't need a police check, but when OH phoned up they said she did. Is that correct? I've filled one out just in case.

OH has had his approval letter, but 3 weeks after he got his, I'm still waiting. Wonder why my police check has taken so long??? I had to have them for working with pre-schoolers. He has an annual one due to working in finance, that's the only difference.
maybe you have numerous namesakes whi have some dubious records. if you still dont get approval on Day 60 you may want to ring them.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

good luck caroline ..... my daughters the same age and didnt know until recently she had to answer some questions (verbally apparently?)
bit worried as i'm sure she'll clam up, what happens i wonder if they cant answer the questions?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolylew
good luck caroline ..... my daughters the same age and didnt know until recently she had to answer some questions (verbally apparently?)
bit worried as i'm sure she'll clam up, what happens i wonder if they cant answer the questions?

If she can't answer the questions, her application will probably be refused. She would be permitted to re-apply.

But most DIAC examiners will want her to pass, so as long as she makes an effort to learn the privileges and responsibilities of Australian citizenship then there should not be a problem.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone for your help - she should be fine

But for me think I'd rather do the test than the stress of someone asking me questions, just as well I'm a tad over 17
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:53 am
Daffyd Duck

in my test there was a trick question, i think it was meant to test ur reading comprehension.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Got my test tomorrow x. Hope it goes smoothly - and quickly x
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.