Citizenship certificates being issued?

Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship certificates being issued?

Glad you got the certificate.

Our citizenship ceremony was also on 25 August - no certificates. But we were told that we could apply for a passport without one as the passport office could check our status with DIAC.

We had our passport interviews on 28 August - no problems there.

But then our passport applications ended up in two different offices.

Husband's application: Someone accidentally spilled cleaning fluid on his passport photos and we had to supply two new photos. But no issues with the missing citizenship certificate - his passport arrived.

Mine: Passport office person phoned me to tell me no citizenship certificate means no passport (she could issue me a 1-year one if I really needed it immediately but that's all).

Since I did nit need the passport immediately I decided not to argue my case.

When I got the certificate I faxed it to her - and she lost the fax. Then posted it to her - and four weeks after my husband I finally got my passport.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Citizenship certificates being issued?

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Glad you got the certificate.

Our citizenship ceremony was also on 25 August - no certificates. But we were told that we could apply for a passport without one as the passport office could check our status with DIAC.

We had our passport interviews on 28 August - no problems there.

But then our passport applications ended up in two different offices.

Husband's application: Someone accidentally spilled cleaning fluid on his passport photos and we had to supply two new photos. But no issues with the missing citizenship certificate - his passport arrived.

Mine: Passport office person phoned me to tell me no citizenship certificate means no passport (she could issue me a 1-year one if I really needed it immediately but that's all).

Since I did nit need the passport immediately I decided not to argue my case.

When I got the certificate I faxed it to her - and she lost the fax. Then posted it to her - and four weeks after my husband I finally got my passport.
Nothing's ever that easy is it?
I have an appointment with Aus Post next Monday but I haven't counted my chickens just yet.