Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Application, Test, Ceremony queries

Citizenship Application, Test, Ceremony queries

Old May 8th 2012, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of
Default Re: CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Thanks Miss M.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Aussie06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application finally lodged by mail in Brisbane. Fee Debited today anyone know how long between Fee debit you getting a letter with appointment date.

Very excited.....
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:40 am
Just Joined

sub7er is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt apply thru post, did it online..but from what ive heard applying through post is faster for some reason. I reckon you would get a email from them in 10 working days time with the test appointment date, g'luck!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:46 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Ive passed the test 14 days ago. I havent heard ANYTHING (!!) yet.

Outrageous
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Passed my test on Tuesday. Got ceremony next Wednesday. Mind you, they are fast-tracking for us as MIL very sick. Got appt for passport on the Thursday!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 1:00 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Passed my test on Tuesday. Got ceremony next Wednesday. Mind you, they are fast-tracking for us as MIL very sick. Got appt for passport on the Thursday!
My mate did it all in one day. Application, test, ceremony and passport. He also managed to go overseas on the new passport that night.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
My mate did it all in one day. Application, test, ceremony and passport. He also managed to go overseas on the new passport that night.

Wow, that's super quick. Never heard of that before x
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:40 am
Melbourne Rock City

On a serious note. What happens if my application is approved and I move to another council after that but before the citizenship ceremony ?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

On a serious note. What happens if my application is approved and I move to another council after that but before the citizenship ceremony ?
Inform DIAC of your change of address.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:51 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Inform DIAC of your change of address.
I know but what happens to the ceremony ? I dont want to risk having to wait for a new date at the new council.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

I know but what happens to the ceremony ? I dont want to risk having to wait for a new date at the new council.
Might happen sooner though. No matter what the actual date or location of the ceremony is, the end result is the same - you will be a citizen.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:27 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Might happen sooner though. No matter what the actual date or location of the ceremony is, the end result is the same - you will be a citizen.
I know but there is a reason why I dont want it to get delayed thats all.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Aussie06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I as well applying for my australian police cert now or do they have to apply.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

If you go on to the websites of the councils concerned you may be able to find out the dates of their ceremonies which would give you a starting point. If they are too far in the future give the organiser a call as ours has bent over backwards to help us, including offering to do a private ceremony just for us if immi didn't give the OK in time for next Weds.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:58 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
If you go on to the websites of the councils concerned you may be able to find out the dates of their ceremonies which would give you a starting point. If they are too far in the future give the organiser a call as ours has bent over backwards to help us, including offering to do a private ceremony just for us if immi didn't give the OK in time for next Weds.
Ill give her a call today and see what she says. Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.