Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Application, Test, Ceremony queries

Citizenship Application, Test, Ceremony queries

Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:06 am
Banned

aussie_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship Application, Test, Ceremony queries

Hi Guys

I have applied for citizenship online on 28/3 and i got my test date on 1/5, but i have some confusion about the documentations, in letter they said about character certificate if applicable. I just wondering if this is standard wording or they requesting PCC? In my situation I haven't been out of australia for more than 8 month and 0 day in last 12 month.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 2:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

Originally Posted by aussie_1
Hi Guys

I have applied for citizenship online on 28/3 and i got my test date on 1/5, but i have some confusion about the documentations, in letter they said about character certificate if applicable. I just wondering if this is standard wording or they requesting PCC? In my situation I haven't been out of australia for more than 8 month and 0 day in last 12 month.
If you haven't been asked to do one then you don't have to do one.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:48 am
Just Joined

sub7er is an unknown quantity at this point

hey out of curiousity..which office did u select in your online application i applied online in the last week of feb to the brisbane regional office and i havent received a test date or any letter yet?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sub7er
hey out of curiousity..which office did u select in your online application i applied online in the last week of feb to the brisbane regional office and i havent received a test date or any letter yet?
Hi I have applied at perth Regional office......
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ring them If its been that long the reply may have gone astray.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

@pollyanna..ill definately be doing that! the last time i called the dept few weeks back they said the brisbane office has been swamped with lots of application and tht might be the reason for the delay.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:49 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

@pollyanna..ill definately be doing that! the last time i called the dept few weeks back they said the brisbane office has been swamped with lots of application and tht might be the reason for the delay.
Could well be the answer then. I suggested it because mine did get lost for several months at the Brisbane office, but that was a while ago.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:22 am
Just Joined

called the dept, they had the same answer.."the dept has received alot of applicaton and they are trying to respond to them in the fastest manner they can".. soo have no other options but to wait, guess ill be missing out on graduate level govt jobs this yrs !
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:14 am
Just Joined

roberr is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied online to the Brisbane office on the second week of March and I haven't received any information back. I assume Brisbane office is slack
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

yeh it seems tht way, if only brisbane office was as fast as the one's in other cities. anyways i hope they can send me a test invitation letter by the end of this month...tht way i might be able to make it in time for few grad positions in july!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:44 pm
Home and Happy

Brisbane have been fast in the past, that's why I suggested checking the application hadn't gone astray. Nothing to do with being slack, its called having a heavy workload to go through - they don't sit on applications just for fun!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:36 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Just fyi,

I applied online 02.04. and received interview/test appointment letter from DIAC yesterday, 11.04. - so 9 days.

Melbourne office
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roberr
I applied online to the Brisbane office on the second week of March and I haven't received any information back. I assume Brisbane office is slack
Let's hope there's no one in the Brisbane office reading this and possibly working out who you are. Not unheard of. I'd shove your application to the bottom of the pile if it were me, regardless of the
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Let's hope there's no one in the Brisbane office reading this and possibly working out who you are. Not unheard of. I'd shove your application to the bottom of the pile if it were me, regardless of the
I was thinking much the same thing actually
Old Apr 18th 2012, 11:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Just fyi,

I applied online 02.04. and received interview/test appointment letter from DIAC yesterday, 11.04. - so 9 days.

Melbourne office
Hi rubbeldiekatz

have u heard anything about ur application???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.