Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Choosing a migration agent - recent threads merged

Choosing a migration agent - recent threads merged

Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:46 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Choosing a migration agent - recent threads merged

I have said this before on here..

The cost to take away all the doubt, have a friendly expert on the other end of a phone line who will do most of the application for you (you obviously have to do some of the leg work but they tell you 'exactly' what they need and how they need it) thus avoiding countless hours on the BE or other forums asking amatuers (for the most part) for advice due to your uncertainty because you don't really know what you're doing and let's face it you only ever do this once so you can'y even learn by your mistakes as such is.......2 grand give or take a couple of hundred.

For me a no brainer, have a trawl back through the forum at posts by those that said it was easy and they did it themsleves, you will find lot's of frantic oooh i don't know what to do? posts.

I'm not a millionaire but £2k for me was small potato's to have the peace of mind to know everything was is order
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
I have said this before on here..

The cost to take away all the doubt, have a friendly expert on the other end of a phone line who will do most of the application for you (you obviously have to do some of the leg work but they tell you 'exactly' what they need and how they need it) thus avoiding countless hours on the BE or other forums asking amatuers (for the most part) for advice due to your uncertainty because you don't really know what you're doing and let's face it you only ever do this once so you can'y even learn by your mistakes as such is.......2 grand give or take a couple of hundred.

For me a no brainer, have a trawl back through the forum at posts by those that said it was easy and they did it themsleves, you will find lot's of frantic oooh i don't know what to do? posts.

I'm not a millionaire but £2k for me was small potato's to have the peace of mind to know everything was is order
+1 - Exactly how I felt/feel.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default recommended visa agents

Hi guys and gals,

Trying to sort out my visa and finding it quite stressfull can anyone recommend a good but not so expensive agent that maybe they have used or know of!!!!!!

Have been given one but they charge £1200!!!!!!!!!
So if there are any more would be good to hear about them before i have a nervous breakdown

Thanks again x
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:13 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

£1200! looks like you have already found a cheap one
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

£1200! looks like you have already found a cheap one
He's not kidding, £1,200 is cheap but thats just the agents fee, depending on how many of you there are that your're looking at a total of £2,000-£3,000 by the time you've paid visa fees, skills assesment, medicals etc.

Remember you get no refunds from anyone if you don't get your visa, so make sure he's good as well as cheap, because there seem to be more bad ones than good ones out there!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks guys ok so they are cheap and the extra good thing is they so sure they will get you in when they take you on they give you your money back if they don't, if they are not sure they will get you in they will not take you on in the first place so guess i have found a good one, after all and they were recommended by 2 people who have used them,
and they let you pay half up front and half when they have got you in
ok so might not get out there as quick as i would have like but at least i won't go stir crazy trying to do it myself xx
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

fogfurn will become famous soon enough

australianmigrations.com

we are finding these help full
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pink13
thanks guys ok so they are cheap and the extra good thing is they so sure they will get you in when they take you on they give you your money back if they don't, if they are not sure they will get you in they will not take you on in the first place so guess i have found a good one, after all and they were recommended by 2 people who have used them,
and they let you pay half up front and half when they have got you in
ok so might not get out there as quick as i would have like but at least i won't go stir crazy trying to do it myself xx
Sounds interesting, can you mention their name?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

yea sure here is the link to their website,
hope this ok to do this on the site!! don't want to get into trouble

www.truebluemigration.com

An old school friend used them a few years back and now her sister is using them as well
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:55 am
Just Joined

fluffycloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration Agents in Kent/South East can anyone recommend?

I need to find a good reliable migration agent that comes with recommendation please from anyone who has used one, we are in Kent so it makes sense to find one in the South East but obviously with the Internet etc I suppose we could use one based anywhere.

Any advice?

Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:07 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Default Re: Migration Agents in Kent/South East can anyone recommend?

Originally Posted by fluffycloud
I need to find a good reliable migration agent that comes with recommendation please from anyone who has used one, we are in Kent so it makes sense to find one in the South East but obviously with the Internet etc I suppose we could use one based anywhere.

Any advice?

Thanks
Hi,
we're in kent too, used Ian Harrop and associates, seamless support to visa submission, haven't got it yet but have no complaints, a good service
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Gemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the rough
Default Need a Recommendation of Immigration Agent

I wonder if there is anyone here who can recommend one to help us with our forthcoming application for an Employer Sponsored Visa.

If this isn't allowed to be discussed here, please PM me.

Thank you
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:16 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Search for a registered agent at the regulator's website here:
https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSear...x?FolderID=394

Maybe make a list of (say) half a dozen names, telephone them, establish your visa strategy, obtain fee proposals, and give them marks out of 10 based on criteria such as:

- price

- ease of contact

- past experience handling visa applications similar to yours

- "gut feel"

- reputation (from this and other forums)

- etc

Good luck!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

fluffycloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Migration Agents in Kent/South East can anyone recommend?

Hi,
we're in kent too, used Ian Harrop and associates, seamless support to visa submission, haven't got it yet but have no complaints, a good service
Thank you, apparently there is someone in Bromley too who is reliable but I cannot think of their names.

We are hoping to go to Perth ASAP!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Christopher 15 is just really niceChristopher 15 is just really niceChristopher 15 is just really niceChristopher 15 is just really niceChristopher 15 is just really niceChristopher 15 is just really niceChristopher 15 is just really niceChristopher 15 is just really nice
Default Re: anyone recommend good agent

Originally Posted by agejohns
Hi jen he sound good was he a cheap agent because i am looking for a good cheap agent
Remember the saying "You will remember the quality long after you forgotten the price." and "You get what you pay for"

My suggestion, dont let price be your measure. George is experienced and honest. I have no idea what he charges but do you want to take a risk by simply going on price?

Cheers

Christopher McGrath
MARN 0533437

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.