Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Choosing a migration agent - recent threads merged

Choosing a migration agent - recent threads merged

Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Question Choosing a migration agent - recent threads merged

HI
Looking to start TRA , want to use agent as we spent weeks trying to do it , without success.
We went to immigration show in Edinburgh last year, we have decided we want to immigrate, and wish we had started process then, but we had a buisness to close down.
And took all our money with it. Hubby is Aircraft Designer and Electrical aircraft engineer. He is on CSL, with aussie. We loved Kelowna in BC.
Have applied for jobs there without success, and are now looking at AUSSIE AND NEW ZEALAND.
He has had a telephone interview for New Zealand, and we really really want this job. It has given us a push to do something, so dilemma is do we start TRA ? wait and do nothing, and what agent would anyone recommend, we live in ayrshire scotland.

need some tips, or advice, many thanks xxx
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

simonwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone recommend good agent

Whomever, ensure they are MARA approved as per this response I recieved recently:

Thanks for your email. For a list of Registered Migration Agents with the Office of the MARA, please refer to our website www.mara.gov.au and use the search function to identify UK based agents in London.

Kind regards,

Office of the MARA
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:07 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I'd recommend George Lombard, you'll find him on this forum, he's based in Sydney but don't let that put you off as I've used him and I'm based in Northern Ireland, and he may as well have been down the road from me! Very very decent chappy!
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Question Re: anyone recommend good agent

ONCE TRA IS DONE, WHATS NEXT ? HOW LONG HAS IT TAKEN FOR SOME OF YOU GUYS TO GET A JOB?
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

TRA has nothing to do with getting a job, it's just the positive skills assessment you need in order to apply for a visa.

Since you went to a seminar in Edinburgh I presume you have an UK passport, otherwise you'll need IELTS as well. Apart from, you need unabridged birth- and marriage certificates for all applicants.

Also, I'm not sure TRA is valid for NZ, you might have to look at NZ's immigration requirements.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: anyone recommend good agent

Yes have British Passports. Will have a look at New Zealand website about skills assessment
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:28 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

You're going to need to decide between NZ and Oz and go with the qualifications assessment for either country, TRA being for Australia only.

I was also going to add - what occupation is it that is on the CSL for if as an electrical engineer, assessment would be via IEA.

However, you may just want to take a deep breath for the Processing Priority FAQ link on Immi What's New Page is no more and that may be significant because changes have been expected any time soon - maybe later today.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Kirstato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default agents in glasgow

can anyone recomend a good emigration agent in glasgow please?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: agents in glasgow

Originally Posted by Kirstato
can anyone recomend a good emigration agent in glasgow please?
Don't know about Glasgow but there is Visa-go in Edinburgh
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

agejohns is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'd recommend George Lombard, you'll find him on this forum, he's based in Sydney but don't let that put you off as I've used him and I'm based in Northern Ireland, and he may as well have been down the road from me! Very very decent chappy!
Hi jen he sound good was he a cheap agent because i am looking for a good cheap agent
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:32 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agejohns
Hi jen he sound good was he a cheap agent because i am looking for a good cheap agent
Erm, depends what you're looking for I guess...why not email him via this site and find out?!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:38 pm
Brisbane please!

hectorafp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Location of Migration Agent

When choosing a Migration Agent how important is their location?

Does it matter if they are in the UK or Australia, or is their relevant experience more important?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location of Migration Agent

Originally Posted by hectorafp
When choosing a Migration Agent how important is their location?

Does it matter if they are in the UK or Australia, or is their relevant experience more important?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
It makes no difference where they are. Your agent could be in Outer Mongolia if that's where his/her office is located. The important thing is that they are MARA registered and experienced with the type of visa you are applying for. Most contact with your agent will be via email anyway, so it's not important at all where they are.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:56 pm
Brisbane please!

hectorafp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It makes no difference where they are. Your agent could be in Outer Mongolia if that's where his/her office is located. The important thing is that they are MARA registered and experienced with the type of visa you are applying for. Most contact with your agent will be via email anyway, so it's not important at all where they are.
Thanks very much. Have read about the importance of MARA registration and will make sure whoever I choose is registered.

Would I be right in presuming that most agents worth their salt will be prepared to give you some info on how they'd tackle your application (chances of acceptance/if it's worth applying etc) and any similar applications they've processed without wanting to charge you for a consultation? Or do most want a fee even just for this 'first contact'?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 10:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hectorafp
Thanks very much. Have read about the importance of MARA registration and will make sure whoever I choose is registered.

Would I be right in presuming that most agents worth their salt will be prepared to give you some info on how they'd tackle your application (chances of acceptance/if it's worth applying etc) and any similar applications they've processed without wanting to charge you for a consultation? Or do most want a fee even just for this 'first contact'?
Many will give a free first consultation. My first question would be "who will be actually doing the work on my application? Will it be the agent or his/her admin person?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.