childrens medicals

Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:13 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default childrens medicals

Does anyone have experience of small children under 3 undergoing the medical I was wondering what it would entail for them.

One of daughters wears glasses (she's a 2 year old Harry Potter) so sweet..but she also has a lazy eye and we are concerned that this will reflect badly in the medical. The information given when we applied stated that they take into account a certain degree of medical costs when assessing but she may need a small operation in the future on the eye. Doe's anyone think they will even look at her eyes the squint is hardly noticable.

You know what it's like all this waiting you go over everything over and over again to see where you might fall down.

Once again any tips would be great.

Cheers
Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

they didnt really do much of an eye test on my 4 year old,given that she cant read,however our dr was very thorough and requested that we get reports from our GP on any hospital trips.ie daughter was sent for tests due to urine infections,he wanted diagnosis,investigation,treatment and prognosis,so it may speed things up if you take these along.
good luck
donna
Old Jun 20th 2003, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

loupyloutoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi there....(longish)

Not terribly sure on this, but I spoke with a migration expert, because I have 2 children that have regular checks to the hospital...he said that my boy (who wears specks cos of a squint) shouldn't be a problem, although he has had the surgery done already, but I don't know if you know that the surgery is cosmetic only and won't improve your daughters eyesight, so maybe if you could prove you'd pay for private care...

My daughter was the biggest problem, she's severely underweight and is being treated and tested for coeliac disease. The expert said that I should get the hospital to write a worse case senario for us. Not just for the short term, but that Oz would want to know long term possible schooling and job problems.

I would think that your hospital should be glad to do that for you. I've said that our son isn't a worry cos he can now go to a normal optitions if necessary.

I hope it helps a bit...speak to your local hospital!
Old Jun 29th 2003, 9:11 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi there....(longish)

Originally posted by loupyloutoo
Not terribly sure on this, but I spoke with a migration expert, because I have 2 children that have regular checks to the hospital...he said that my boy (who wears specks cos of a squint) shouldn't be a problem, although he has had the surgery done already, but I don't know if you know that the surgery is cosmetic only and won't improve your daughters eyesight, so maybe if you could prove you'd pay for private care...

My daughter was the biggest problem, she's severely underweight and is being treated and tested for coeliac disease. The expert said that I should get the hospital to write a worse case senario for us. Not just for the short term, but that Oz would want to know long term possible schooling and job problems.

I would think that your hospital should be glad to do that for you. I've said that our son isn't a worry cos he can now go to a normal optitions if necessary.

I hope it helps a bit...speak to your local hospital!
Hi - thanks for this I've been on hols so it's the first chance I've had to reply - let us know how you get on with the medicals I would be interested. I see you are hoping to go to Perth - so are we so if you find out any info on areas etc let us know - I'm reluctant to look into anything too much until we get the medicals over with!