child passport from oz,uk parents on pr

Old Mar 11th 2016, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: child passport from oz,uk parents on pr

Im back honestly it should not be hard this but for some reason im always asking questions on this.
Going through the doc list slowly it asks:
Completed dec form easy enough.
Two photos again all good.
Full birth or adoption cert showing child and parents details all good his oz birth cert has all this.
For dual nationals a full copy uncanceled non british/overseas territories citizen passport relating to you (this be child as his passport) ignore this as he has no oz passport yet.
If you are applying from a country that is not the country where you where born please provide: passport or travel docs and blah blah been answered already on here ignore this as its his first passport.

This is the one that gets me what are they asking for here:

Parents documents whats it asking for here in short my birth cert?
If applicant born or adopted in the uk -parents or adoptive parents docs i should ignore this part as born in oz.

If applicant born or adopted outside uk-parents or adoptive parents docs:
The passport you entered the country from from which you are applying or any non british passport held(is this asking for my passport which is a uk one)? And im sure been answered already if so no longer need to send can just send certified copys now.

If the birth cert you provide you provide has not been issued by a british embassy,high com or consulate showing parents details also provide:
If born on or after 2 jan 1983 also please provide :
One of your parents full birth certs and if its your father his marriage cert to your mum.
Now on what read there its asking for my passport and birth cert right? Is this asking for marriage cert also?
And when it asks for my passport and birth cert does mum need to supply as well or just me as im filling in forms.

A question that gets me is furher down bottom of page if your parents were born on or after 1 jan 1983 you will also need to provide evidence of your grandparents claim to british nationality by providing their birth cert and in the case of granfathers their marriage cert to your grandmother if certs are available this does not apply if your parent's british nationality is based on registration,naturalisation or their immigration status.
Now this has got me wife was born 1984 but as above mentioned before do they need both our passports etc etc.
If so could find it difficult gaining this for wife being in oz.
Im not clear on this.
Other stuff not related stupid why the ask change of name, evidence,going back to maiden or unmarried name again not relevant,changing spelling of your name, rest on checklist are not relevant too.

Thats it guys in short what is it they want as need to get this off next week have a read through that as its doing my head in baby brain and lack of sleep at nights does it for me.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 1:18 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
.......If applicant born or adopted outside uk-parents or adoptive parents docs:
The passport you entered the country from from which you are applying or any non british passport held(is this asking for my passport which is a uk one)? And im sure been answered already if so no longer need to send can just send certified copys now.

If the birth cert you provide you provide has not been issued by a british embassy,high com or consulate showing parents details also provide:
If born on or after 2 jan 1983 also please provide :
One of your parents full birth certs and if its your father his marriage cert to your mum.
Now on what read there its asking for my passport and birth cert right? Is this asking for marriage cert also?
And when it asks for my passport and birth cert does mum need to supply as well or just me as im filling in forms.

A question that gets me is furher down bottom of page if your parents were born on or after 1 jan 1983 you will also need to provide evidence of your grandparents claim to british nationality by providing their birth cert and in the case of granfathers their marriage cert to your grandmother if certs are available this does not apply if your parent's british nationality is based on registration,naturalisation or their immigration status.
Now this has got me wife was born 1984 but as above mentioned before do they need both our passports etc etc.
If so could find it difficult gaining this for wife being in oz.
Im not clear on this.
Other stuff not related stupid why the ask change of name, evidence,going back to maiden or unmarried name again not relevant,changing spelling of your name, rest on checklist are not relevant too.

Thats it guys in short what is it they want as need to get this off next week have a read through that as its doing my head in baby brain and lack of sleep at nights does it for me.
You answer your own questions in quoting what they ask for so I'm not sure what your confusion is although I have not had to apply for a passport from here yet. Seems to be though that you need your passport, birth cert. and marriage cert. as well as baby's birth cert. (Or supply your wife's)
Old Mar 11th 2016, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You answer your own questions in quoting what they ask for so I'm not sure what your confusion is although I have not had to apply for a passport from here yet. Seems to be though that you need your passport, birth cert. and marriage cert. as well as baby's birth cert. (Or supply your wife's)
Yes that's how I see it but maybe someone can confirm this,if it be easier with my stuff as one statement says if born after I think 1983 which would be wife and opens another can of worms.as require grandparents birth cert etc.
I'm hoping on what I'm reading is just one parents docs.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's how I see it but maybe someone can confirm this,if it be easier with my stuff as one statement says if born after I think 1983 which would be wife and opens another can of worms.as require grandparents birth cert etc.
I'm hoping on what I'm reading is just one parents docs.
I've already told what is needed. You don't seem to have read the documentation to the end. Directly after the text you quoted it says a marriage certificate is not required if the child is born after 1st July 2006. Have you actually read the passport application guidance notes that also explain it all?
Old Mar 12th 2016, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by slackbloke
I've already told what is needed. You don't seem to have read the documentation to the end. Directly after the text you quoted it says a marriage certificate is not required if the child is born after 1st July 2006. Have you actually read the passport application guidance notes that also explain it all?
Are you talking about this as only just found it and is more helpful.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._Gp1_09.15.PDF
Old Mar 12th 2016, 1:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Now where have I seen that before? Oh yes its part of the booklet on the link I osted a couple of days ago for you to read

Old Mar 12th 2016, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

That is a subset of the full guidance :

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...rapassport.pdf

Do you need to provide any passports (originals or copies)? No
Do you need to provide birth certificates? Yes, original child birth certificate and one original parent birth certificate
Do you need to provide a marriage certificate? No, because the child was born after 01/07/2006
Do you need to provide grandparent information? No, one of the child's parents (you) was born before 01/01/1983 so that requirement does not apply.
Counter-signatory - is the counter-signatory a British or Irish citizen with a current passport and on the list of professions? Worth checking as you've not asked about this.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry never noticed my bad.lack of sleep due to Bub.

Looks more straight forward with that guide and what I would like to know which I would find one of the most important docs the child's birth cert.

Born or adopted after 1 July 2006 (not naturalised or registered) - if I look through this tells you all that's needed but when it comes to:

See table B if you were born or adopted outside the UK- ok if you look to the header of this says:

Full birth (civil and hospital) or adoption certi cate 3-3 Full birth or adoption certi cate: This must show both the child’s and parents’ details (ok I take this to be child birth cert but does not say this when telling you to go to table b and assume it's telling you this to then also to supply what it's asking there right?
As this would mean just as slackbloke said:

His birth cert and mine and passport photos,so I now see no need to copy my passport or need to send marriage cert. I was convinced I needed to supply more docs than this sorry for doubting you slackbloke.
I have heard people paying like $50 to send there docs from Aus post office surely not with just two birth cents,passport photos and a dev form??
Wonder what others had used to send these?
I understand if you had lots of docs and included full copy of passport which would a lot of paper work.
But be good to know what others used to send to uk using what to send in and method and if Aus post are these pre paid envelopes?
I have hoped to send them a4 sized but I believe they might not send them back this way but fold them.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Do you need to provide birth certificates? Yes, original child birth certificate and one original parent birth certificate
Do you need to provide a marriage certificate? No, because the child was born after 01/07/2006
Do you need to provide grandparent information? No, one of the child's parents (you) was born before 01/01/1983 so that requirement does not apply.
Counter-signatory - is the counter-signatory a British or Irish citizen with a current passport and on the list of professions? Worth checking as you've not asked about this.
Sorry slake bloke just posted up and you send this so please ignore.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

What do you mean by this:

Not looked as far as this does it have to be someone with uk passport? I'm sure we can find someone for this?

My only other concern is the passport photos I had done yesterday Bub being so young not the best for getting pics of,tried but was not happening went back and maybe more luck.
Told the guy I wanted for oz passport and uk passport as different sizes.
He said ok but when he looked to see if pics was suitable remember this is the guy who probably checks your oz and uk applications if you paid for the service.
He said yes this should do,again I mentioned being different sizes he said be fine it's only a few mm.
I said do you pre cut them he just too scissors and quickly cut them up not a care in the world and here was me thinking had to be certain sizes etc.

He said he has done loads of passport pics I believe this as very busy place for this at our local but end of day passport guys call the shots.
He said at that age they are more flexible what gets me in the pic one of his eyes is slightly open compared to the other.

Yes passport agency's can be flexible but also funny as well let's just hope both oz and uk passport agency accept the pics as that just be a carry on going back resenting etc.
But I sure to keep receipt just incase.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Not looked as far as this does it have to be someone with uk passport? I'm sure we can find someone for this?

My only other concern is the passport photos I had done yesterday Bub being so young not the best for getting pics of,tried but was not happening went back and maybe more luck.
He said ok but when he looked to see if pics was suitable remember this is the guy who probably checks your oz and uk applications if you paid for the service.
He said yes this should do,again I mentioned being different sizes he said be fine it's only a few mm.
I said do you pre cut them he just too scissors and quickly cut them up not a care in the world and here was me thinking had to be certain sizes etc.

He said he has done loads of passport pics I believe this as very busy place for this at our local but end of day passport guys call the shots.
He said at that age they are more flexible what gets me in the pic one of his eyes is slightly open compared to the other.

Yes passport agency's can be flexible but also funny as well let's just hope both oz and uk passport agency accept the pics as that just be a carry on going back resenting etc.
No, doesn't have to be British. However, it is stated the application will be processed faster if British or Irish. You can find more details here:

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

Regarding the photos, I don't think it's the actual size of the photos that's different, they are the same. The difference is how much of the head fills the photo. In Australia the head almost entirely fills the photo; for the UK the head is smaller. It is the relative size of the head within the photo; effectively in Australia it's more close up.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 2:59 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

If you’re applying outside the UK

Your countersignatory must have a current British, Irish or other EU, US or Commonwealth passport.

If they have a US, Commonwealth, or non-British or non-Irish EU passport, you must include with your application a colour photocopy of the page with their photograph on it.

Your application will be processed faster if they have a British or Irish passport.

What the countersignatory must do with your form
After you’ve filled in the form, your countersignatory must check the details are correct and sign it.

By signing it they are confirming that:

they’ve known you for more than 2 years
you’re who you claim to be
as far as they know, all the information you’ve put on the form is true
Your countersignatory must put their passport number on the form.

What your countersignatory must write on your photo
Your countersignatory should write the following on the back of one photo:

‘I certify that this is a true likeness of [title and full name of adult or child who is getting the passport].’

They must add their signature and the date under the statement.

You don’t have to sign or date the photos yourself.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

All cool just need to see best way of sending these and worried the pics are not suitable guy said in post office be fine, bloody hope so
Old Mar 12th 2016, 5:17 am
Home and Happy

All cool just need to see best way of sending these and worried the pics are not suitable guy said in post office be fine, bloody hope so
Go to the Post Office

Tell them you need to send paperwork and documents to the UK for a passport, so you need proof of delivery

Ask them to recommend the best method to send it.

International delivery options - Australia Post
Old Mar 12th 2016, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

I was settled with the child and my birth cert as all that they want,but when I was applying and submitted the application online and paid it said.

If I was a british national and was told yes.

I still don't know what it means but whats this about below:

A British National (overseas) passport. • a colour photocopy of both sides of your Hong Kong permanent identity card

Your claim to British nationality is based on your parents’ Crown or Community Service.
• full details of your parent’s Crown or Community Service, providing supporting documents from their employer that supports those details

Should I just ignore this? as I don't have a clue about the above but yet I said yes in my application online as to a british national.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.