child passport from oz,uk parents on pr

Old Mar 9th 2016, 11:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: child passport from oz,uk parents on pr

Originally Posted by brian.w
I know guys i never give up then whats vivo for is this not proof im pr as its either child needs the evidence of citizenship or i need to prove my pr which i dont have label in my recent passport but old one,just curious there is vivo,i have grant letter of pr from 08 and 2015 with rrv yet cause i have all this all of its not good enough.
Do you still have your old passport with the visa stamp in it?
Old Mar 9th 2016, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Do you still have your old passport with the visa stamp in it?
Yes but it may not be valid? This was from 2008 when it was granted and came here 2013 but just before that got a new passpoet as not much time left on old,never bothered with label in new as all done electonically anyway.
But yes do still have my old passport with label in it from 2008 but have just kept hold of it why im not sure.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but it may not be valid? This was from 2008 when it was granted and came here 2013 but just before that got a new passpoet as not much time left on old,never bothered with label in new as all done electonically anyway.
But yes do still have my old passport with label in it from 2008 but have just kept hold of it why im not sure.
Obviously the passport itself is not valid but you're not going to use it as a passport, you'll be using it as proof of PR. The visa label inside the passport shows you are a Permanent Resident. Isn't that what you've been asked to provide?
Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritInParis
"Was the applicant a British national at birth?" - Yes
"Has the applicant been granted a certificate of registration or naturalisation by the Home Office?" - No
You need to provide the full names for both the child and the parents. This includes any and all middle names.

My understanding is that the Australian Passport Office will ask for an Evidence of Australian Citizenship certificate if neither parent is an Australian citizen before issuing an Australian passport.
Are sure if my son was born here in oz he is a british national at birth as read this from another site:
You qualify as a British National at Birth if your first passport after being born was British, or you were born with British Citizenship. If you were born with citizenship of another country, it's a no.

We parents are both british but unsure of this question. and just so we are not getting mixed up this thread is about both uk and oz passports I'm applying for.

Last edited by brian.w; Mar 9th 2016 at 12:45 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Obviously the passport itself is not valid but you're not going to use it as a passport, you'll be using it as proof of PR. The visa label inside the passport shows you are a Permanent Resident. Isn't that what you've been asked to provide?
I have not been asked anything as not been to a post office to get it all checked over, still need to get bub pics for it which I know is going to be hard lol.
But if I can use this old passport better still, as if I can help it would rather get the evidence of citizenship for son later on.

I just was unsure cause its an old passport and maybe not a valid label and having a newer passport it maybe is invalid,if I could use this as proof then all good as I still have my old passport with the label in it,i did get my new passport back in 2012 should not make any difference right?
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

I have not been asked anything as not been to a post office to get it all checked over, still need to get bub pics for it which I know is going to be hard lol.
But if I can use this old passport better still, as if I can help it would rather get the evidence of citizenship for son later on.

I just was unsure cause its an old passport and maybe not a valid label and having a newer passport it maybe is invalid,if I could use this as proof then all good as I still have my old passport with the label in it,i did get my new passport back in 2012 should not make any difference right?
Does that label say you have PR? Yes. Can you use it as proof that you are a PR? Yes. Does the paperwork ask for proof of PR? Yes. Do you currently have any other proof of PR? No. What will you use to prove PR? ......
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:25 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Are sure if my son was born here in oz he is a british national at birth as read this from another site:
You qualify as a British National at Birth if your first passport after being born was British, or you were born with British Citizenship. If you were born with citizenship of another country, it's a no.

We parents are both british but unsure of this question. and just so we are not getting mixed up this thread is about both uk and oz passports I'm applying for.
BritinParis is correct - your son is British from birth. If you want to get your advice from another site, that is your choice but all you seem to be doing is confusing yourself.

Focus on one passport first. The advice given previously was to get the British one first as otherwise you have to give details / send Australian one (not sure and I'm not reading back to double check but feel free to do so)

When you get the first one sorted, then focus on the second as you won't be confusing what you need to do.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Was applying for both really but will they know in uk if i have just applied for oz one as just paid for uk one online and need to check what docs i need etc. If i apply for oz one in coming weeks will they know and if so how will they know or wait till uk one has come.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Does that label say you have PR? Yes. Can you use it as proof that you are a PR? Yes. Does the paperwork ask for proof of PR? Yes. Do you currently have any other proof of PR? No. What will you use to prove PR? ......
Then i use my old passport then i have grant letter from 2008 and rrv letter from 2015 but i believe this is no good by whats mentioned so old passport it is.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Was applying for both really but will they know in uk if i have just applied for oz one as just paid for uk one online and need to check what docs i need etc. If i apply for oz one in coming weeks will they know and if so how will they know or wait till uk one has come.
Fact:
The UK will neither know nor care if you apply for an Australian passport for him

Although they ask you to send foreign passports, if you don't then they don't care because they will not know that one even exists.

Fact:
Australia will neither know nor care if you apply for a British one for him.

Fact:
Your son is British.
He was born with british citizenship. It does not matter which passport he gets first.

Fact:
Your PR is evidenced in your old passport.
They will be able to see that you have since been granted a RRV. Send the old passport with the evidence of PR in it.

Fact
Australia Post can do photos for both passports.
Tell them you need both and they will do them to the right dimensions.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

In short can anyone tell me what you need to supply for a child uk passport just paid for it and now I need to provide:
A completed declaration

Two photos

Birth cert showing both child and parents details( so my sons oz birth cert which shows our names etc?I take they want the oz one as he was born here in oz?
and does it have to be original as only have the one copy of his oz birth cert?

Dual nationals copy of passports etc I take this is if son already had his oz passport?

If your applying from a country that is not the country you where born,i take this is my son as its a child passport says passport or travel docs that was used to travel to country of residence, he was born in oz?

It goes on about parents documents,what are they asking for very confused there? are they asking to see uk passport?If so is this both parents or just one?and am I right in saying you used to have to send the passport to them but now they can take copies? says something also about if after jan 1983 parents full birth cert showing childs and parents details did this not get asked already?
if this is father marriage cert but does not apply for those born after july 2006?
and if your parents born after 1st jan 1983need to provide evidence of grandparents etc. well wife is 1984 so what would this mean?

change of name does not apply why ask it?
for each change of name why again ask?

I really thought they would get back to you on what they want from you as in docs not just everything which is a little confusing.
We as parents are uk born and have passports,our child born in oz here 4 weeks ago and applying for his uk passport,we are on pr here and to be honest in short want to know what they want from us,as don't want to miss anything out.

on the dec form do I fill in all including countersignature part? I believe this counter part is someone else?

It looks like I have 90 days to complete this lol looks like I will need it,wow they sure ask for a lot,but in short what are they really after.
And cant you supply certified copies?

I believe on what I paid to them was the application fee for passport and the cost for overseas posting of passport and the docs back and that from here in oz you pay this and its extra so what did most of you guys use to send off your stuff to oz?

I believe aus post office no longer do uk passports which may have been better in past but provide a service to check you have included everything is this worth it,have you used them and will they say if your missing anything?
Or just send it off regardless?

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to know what they really are after than just guess as don't find what they ask clearly

Last edited by brian.w; Mar 9th 2016 at 4:15 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Brian I normally avoid your threads as they are so painful. But what exactly is hard here. Your child is dual British and Australian citizen. He can have both passports although a baby probably does not need two passports within his first few months of life but that is beside the point.

For the Australian passport, get his citizenship certificate and then apply for passport. For the UK passport provide the necessary details of yourself and his mother.

This reallly is not that hard.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Brian I normally avoid your threads as they are so painful. But what exactly is hard here. Your child is dual British and Australian citizen. He can have both passports although a baby probably does not need two passports within his first few months of life but that is beside the point.

For the Australian passport, get his citizenship certificate and then apply for passport. For the UK passport provide the necessary details of yourself and his mother.

This reallly is not that hard.
Yes but what our passports and birth certs or just one of us supply this yes i maybe asking a few questions here but i cant figure what they are asking for.
Maybe others who have been through it with similar backgrounds etc can advise.
As some stuff i read they want my wifes granmothers birth cert,marriage cert surely not or is this wifes parents sorry but it maybe not hard but they sure ask for a lot of stuff but what?
Old Mar 9th 2016, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but what our passports and birth certs or just one of us supply this yes i maybe asking a few questions here but i cant figure what they are asking for.
Maybe others who have been through it with similar backgrounds etc can advise.
As some stuff i read they want my wifes granmothers birth cert,marriage cert surely not or is this wifes parents sorry but it maybe not hard but they sure ask for a lot of stuff but what?
You just need to provide original birth certificate of child and original birth certificate of one parent
Old Mar 10th 2016, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by slackbloke
You just need to provide original birth certificate of child and original birth certificate of one parent
And thats it,sounds like they ask for a lot of stuff and even stuff not even related. I find the could assess your application and then contact and ask for certain stuff not randomly as lots of different things,as i bet everyone gets the same random check list.
And you dont need a copy of your passport??
And i take original birth certs not certified copies i just hate when places want original stuff.
I would have thought more than just a birth cert? That be my sons oz birth cert and my uk birth cert and as you said no need for us both.
I do want to fire off my stuff as soon as we have got the pics but want to be sure they have all they need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.