child passport from oz,uk parents on pr

Old Mar 8th 2016, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: child passport from oz,uk parents on pr

Originally Posted by brian.w
Others are saying you need the evidence of citizenship to get the child's oz passport bit confused now as it's something I would rather get later on.
He has his birth cert from here surely that's all he needs?
No, a birth certificate is not proof of citizenship. Based on some of your other posts you won't have the required passport visa label either.

So, the only choice you have is to get evidence of citizenship as per the post from Pollyanna.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
https://www.passports.gov.au/passpor...ildapplication

Assemble all the original documents you need to support the application eg full Australian birth certificate, proof of citizenship*, citizenship certificate, court orders, and the child’s current or expired Australian passport if they have one

*A person born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 is an Australian citizen provided that at least one of their parents was an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of their birth. A full birth certificate and additional documentation is required to confirm their citizenship.

https://www.passports.gov.au/passpor...tizenship.aspx

If you were born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 and one of your parents was an Australian permanent resident, you can provide evidence of your own Australian citizenship with a citizenship certificate issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). You will need to apply for this using Form 119 Application for evidence of Australian citizenship (pdf). You should take into account DIBP and passport processing times before booking any travel.

Alternatively, until 31 March 2016, we may accept your parent's foreign passport with an original visa label showing their status as a permanent resident at the time of your birth. You must have been born no more than five years after the visa was granted. If the visa was granted offshore, your parent must have arrived in Australia before you were born.

NOTE THE DATE - YOU WILL NEED TO BE QUICK IF YOU USE THIS ROUTE
Im so confused?? Son born 4 weeks ago here in oz birth cert we have already and we as parents on pr visa,born in uk.
Myself granted visa 2008 did not come here till 2013 where in august my travel side of pr expired,but pr still valid as long as im in australia.
I had a label in my passport but before leaving in 2013 from uk and passport not long left on it decided to get a new one.
Did not get label in the new one as its done electonically now.
And in dec 2015 as i needed to get back to uk i required a rrv.
Just out of interest does the rrv now override the pr visa or does this still stand as i have copies of when pr was granted and now rrv.

Wife came over on partner visa and our daughter from birth in uk on same visa and did not get pr till 2015 or before cant remember now.

But im really confused what it says here:

*A person born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 is an Australian citizen provided that at least one of their parents was an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of their birth. A full birth certificate and additional documentation is required to confirm their citizenship.

Well we both are pr at the time of sons birth?

And there is something about before 31st march??

Dont understand if we are both pr and son has oz birth cert why we would need right now evidence of citizenship?
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by slackbloke
No, a birth certificate is not proof of citizenship. Based on some of your other posts you won't have the required passport visa label either.

So, the only choice you have is to get evidence of citizenship as per the post from Pollyanna.
But we are pr and son has oz birth cert?? Surely thats enough,granted letters from 2008 and letter from 2015 on rrv? So before i can get the oz passport then i now need to spend another $60 this is just crazy.
I may just push ahead on uk passport then as be no issues i think of this? As by website on evidence of citizenship it takes a month to get lol wish i knew this as could have applied by now. But honestly thought it not required at this time.
Just makes gaining a oz passport a whole lot more expensive.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Im so confused?? Son born 4 weeks ago here in oz birth cert we have already and we as parents on pr visa,born in uk.
Myself granted visa 2008 did not come here till 2013 where in august my travel side of pr expired,but pr still valid as long as im in australia.
I had a label in my passport but before leaving in 2013 from uk and passport not long left on it decided to get a new one.
Did not get label in the new one as its done electonically now.
And in dec 2015 as i needed to get back to uk i required a rrv.
Just out of interest does the rrv now override the pr visa or does this still stand as i have copies of when pr was granted and now rrv.

Wife came over on partner visa and our daughter from birth in uk on same visa and did not get pr till 2015 or before cant remember now.

Well we both are pr at the time of sons birth?

And there is something about before 31st march??

Dont understand if we are both pr and son has oz birth cert why we would need right now evidence of citizenship?
Whether your son is an Australian citizen is not in question. What is in question is proof. You don't have sufficient proof of your PR for the passport office and so the only option left is the evidence of citizenship certificate. These are not DIBP rules but passport office rules.

You have actually highlighted what is required in your post 'A full birth certificate and additional documentation is required to confirm their citizenship.' You don't currently have the correct additional documentation.

Last edited by slackbloke; Mar 9th 2016 at 3:20 am.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

To me thats just plain crazy,if they check they would see im pr lol and if your born in uk and get birth cert your a citizen right same goes for oz born and oz birth cert.
Take about robbing you for more money god sake. Maybe good job i looked into it again as partly completed oz passport application and was just trying to find right time to get his pics done and get someone to to fill there part and all done.
So im after our sons evidence of citizenship now and that shoul be it.
Out of curiosity anyone applied for both oz and uk passport same time at the post office when they do passport pics as been a while does it come in set of 4?
If so can they do two for uk and to for oz as different sizes or does that mean two lots ie 4 oz passport photos and 4 uk ones.
Im tempted to try myself and print in kmart as have read a few have done this.
But curious on needing both uk and oz pics.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

You're not automatically a citizen if born in the UK or Australia; it all depends on the residency and citizenship status of one or both of your parents. They will check your PR, when you request the evidence of citizenship :-), they just charge you for it.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

You get 8 photos. I've just had mine done at Teds Cameras and cost $20. They even cut them down to the correct size � ���� I think it's a few dollars cheaper at the post office x
Old Mar 9th 2016, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
You get 8 photos. I've just had mine done at Teds Cameras and cost $20. They even cut them down to the correct size ������ I think it's a few dollars cheaper at the post office x
Was that for uk and oz passport photos does not sound bad for 8 im sure post office is more,but no ted cameras here in wa.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

The pics were for my Oz passport x
Old Mar 9th 2016, 7:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its in plain English. And straight from the official site, current as of today. Whats confusing about it?

Because it says so.

I have officially lost the will to live
Old Mar 9th 2016, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
The pics were for my Oz passport x
Yes cause im looking to get both oz and uk passports then it looks like i may have to get two sets and pay for two lots,i was hoping as two needed for uk and two for oz this all i could ask for.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Out of interest when applying for sons evidence of citizenship 119 step 2 original docs as this is not for me but son it says id checklist i take i ignore this? As applicants 16 and over,yes im filling out forms etc but its not for me but my son so i take only need docs required if 16 and under?
Lol under that says docs relating to responsible parent so i have answered my own question.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Had a quick look can this not be done online like more other applications or has it to be printed and posted?
Old Mar 9th 2016, 11:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The photos required for an Australian Passport differ slightly from the photos required for a UK Passport. You are unlikely to be able to use the same ones. When you go to get the photos done you will have to either go to somewhere that understands this and knows the differences or take the requirement sheet with you which will be on the forms/website of the country you're applying to.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

I know guys i never give up then whats vivo for is this not proof im pr as its either child needs the evidence of citizenship or i need to prove my pr which i dont have label in my recent passport but old one,just curious there is vivo,i have grant letter of pr from 08 and 2015 with rrv yet cause i have all this all of its not good enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.