Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

changing state for state sponsorship after EOI

changing state for state sponsorship after EOI

Old Dec 29th 2013, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Jonandonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile changing state for state sponsorship after EOI

Hi just submitted EOI for 190 visa and put in for state sponsorship can anyone tell me, if my occupation comes up for review at the beginning of January and put back on CSOL can I withdraw my ss and put in for another state instead. Hope someone can help as everywhere is closed till end of week !!
Thanks
Jon

Last edited by Jonandonna; Dec 29th 2013 at 3:07 am.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 2:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: changing state for state sponsorship after EOI

Originally Posted by Jonandonna
Hi just submitted EOI for 190 visa and put in for state sponsorship can anyone tell me, if my occupation comes up for review at the beginning of January and put back on sol can I withdraw my ss and put in for another state instead. Hope someone can help as everywhere is closed till end of week !!
Thanks
Jon
If your occupation is not on the SOL, you can only apply for sponsored - eg 190. Your occupation needs to be on state list. NSW is not sponsoring anyone until July 2014, and all states have recently reviewed lists. Main SOL / CSOL lists are updated in July for new financial year - not aware of any changes for January
Old Dec 29th 2013, 3:01 am
Just Joined

When I spoke to immigration last week they said they were reviewing WA CSOL on 1st January, unless they meant they were just going to look at it. My occupation is on list I have put my ss in for but I have friends in WA who tell me that there's plenty of work there even though they have taken it off the list! Lol

Last edited by Jonandonna; Dec 29th 2013 at 3:08 am.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 3:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

When I spoke to immigration last week they said they were reviewing WA SOL on 1st January, unless they meant they were just going to look at it. My occupation is on list I have put my ss in for but I have friends in WA who tell me that there's plenty of work there even though they have taken it off the list! Lol
WA issued a new list at the end of October - immi / DIBP do not do the state lists
Old Dec 29th 2013, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Yes unfortunately they took bricklayers off then
Old Dec 29th 2013, 3:17 am

Yes unfortunately they took bricklayers off then
Have you tried looking for sponsorship on 457 if you want WA?
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

We have tried but as like England the people we have spoken to say that bricklayers are on a self employed basis so they do not have to commit for two years
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 6:37 am

We have tried but as like England the people we have spoken to say that bricklayers are on a self employed basis so they do not have to commit for two years
Did wonder if that might be the case. Are any other states sponsoring bricklayers?
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Yes we put our EOI last week for South Australia with 65 points so fingers crossed we get our visas for adelaide. Been busy researching primary schools and different areas on where to first get our short let on arrival
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:39 am

Yes we put our EOI last week for South Australia with 65 points so fingers crossed we get our visas for adelaide. Been busy researching primary schools and different areas on where to first get our short let on arrival
There's some very nice people living in Adelaide
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Lol yes i see that's where you are what's the weather like there in the winter
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:44 am

Lol yes i see that's where you are what's the weather like there in the winter
It was pretty wet this winter - so I'm told. Was our first one. Think I wore a fleece jacket about half a dozen times and just tshirt the rest - don't think there were any single digit days but there were a few nights. Overall, lovely
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:53 am
Just Joined

That sounds great just got to be patient now as we want to leave as soon as we get a visa
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:55 am

That sounds great just got to be patient now as we want to leave as soon as we get a visa
then
Old Jan 24th 2014, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

190 invite received this morning .... hopefully everything is on a roll now getting excited

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.